Ivan Rakitić

Nothanks

going through zidan82's forum posts it feels like 60% of his post history in the last 4 pages is about shitting on rakitic

did this guy fuck your mom or something? lol

Arizona Scott

I see him as a fringe / luxury player to be honest ..

He rarely scores , he doesn't provide anywhere near enough assists ( if any ) he doesn't tackle or break down attacks as he's too slow ( he's officially the club's slowest player ... Including the three keepers !) .. Hell , he doesn't even use the only good skill he has which is the long pass - he chooses to pass a short sideways ball or even more likely to pass BACKWARDS TO Pique !!

Well on the season is 6th in goals (5) on the team and tied for 4th in assists (9), and by the way #1 among midfielders on the team in both. Well is it because he plays a lot? No, adjusting for minutes played he is still #1 among midfielders in both.

Other stats adjusting for minutes played? He is tied for 5th in overall match rating (and highest among midfielders), # 2 among regulars in pass percentage (only trails Arthur), 5th in airials won (only behind Busi among mids), tied for 1st in interception rate (with Alba and Busi), and 5th in clearances rate (and is 1st among midfielders).

Now he is low on tackles for a mid (8th on the team at .9 per game), but even then he is nearly double than Arthur or Coutinho or Alena rates.

It gets back to what serghei said, all of our players pretty much have some weaknesses (well except maybe Messi, Alba and Pique this year relative to expectations of their position). Rakitic certainly has fewer weaknesses than most. I wouldn't call him luxury at all--arguably our most important midfielder to date, at worst co #1 with Busi. Rakitic should be starting our big games based on his performance this year. If De Jong meets expectations right away maybe then, not until though.

Zidane82

Well on the season is 6th in goals (5) on the team and tied for 4th in assists (9), and by the way #1 among midfielders on the team in both. Well is it because he plays a lot? No, adjusting for minutes played he is still #1 among midfielders in both.

Other stats adjusting for minutes played? He is tied for 5th in overall match rating (and highest among midfielders), # 2 among regulars in pass percentage (only trails Arthur), 5th in airials won (only behind Busi among mids), tied for 1st in interception rate (with Alba and Busi), and 5th in clearances rate (and is 1st among midfielders).

Now he is low on tackles for a mid (8th on the team at .9 per game), but even then he is nearly double than Arthur or Coutinho or Alena rates.

It gets back to what serghei said, all of our players pretty much have some weaknesses (well except maybe Messi, Alba and Pique this year relative to expectations of their position). Rakitic certainly has fewer weaknesses than most. I wouldn't call him luxury at all--arguably our most important midfielder to date, at worst co #1 with Busi. Rakitic should be starting our big games based on his performance this year. If De Jong meets expectations right away maybe then, not until though.
To be fair though stats are the main choice of tool for politicians the lowest form of one life as they can twist and turn stats to suit their arguments.

Rakitic May ( or not ) even have the best pass completions rate but then we know they’re either 4 yards sideways or 15 yards backwards to Puque soooooooo.,

Arizona Scott

To be fair though stats are the main choice of tool for politicians the lowest form of one life as they can twist and turn stats to suit their arguments.

Rakitic May ( or not ) even have the best pass completions rate but then we know they’re either 4 yards sideways or 15 yards backwards to Puque soooooooo.,

To be fair they is a fairly complete run down by minutes and total contributions, looking at big picture or small details. Just take the simplest measure, Rakitic leads the midfield in goals and assists. If as you claim he doesn't do much in that regard what does it say for the rest of the midfielders?

kilian

[MENTION=23089]Arizona Scott[/MENTION]

It`s nice of you to try, but it`s pointless to have a discussion with this guy. He is obsessed with shitting on Rakitic and is one of the most irritating members of this forum.

Zidane82

[MENTION=23089]Arizona Scott[/MENTION]

It`s nice of you to try, but it`s pointless to have a discussion with this guy. He is obsessed with shitting on Rakitic and is one of the most irritating members of this forum.

I feel the same about you so everyone’s happy ..

Incidentally it’s called the Rakitic thread to encourage thoughts and opinions on him ... positive and negative or whatever.

By all means you can start a new Rakitic Appreciation Thread and I’ll stay well away from it ...

BBZ8800

I see him as a fringe / luxury player to be honest ..

He rarely scores , he doesn't provide anywhere near enough assists ( if any ) he doesn't tackle or break down attacks as he's too slow ( he's officially the club's slowest player ... Including the three keepers !) .. Hell , he doesn't even use the only good skill he has which is the long pass - he chooses to pass a short sideways ball or even more likely to pass BACKWARDS TO Pique !!

Arizona Scott already replied, but let's do it once again:
He rarely scores

Rakitic 4 goals this season
Vidal 2 goals
Busi 0 goals
Arthur 0 goals

he doesn't provide anywhere near enough assists

Rakitic 6 assists this season
Vidal 5 assists
Busi 2 assists
Arthur 1 assist

he doesn't tackle

La Liga:
Busi 2,6 tackles per match
Vidal 2,3 tackles per match
Rakitic 0,9 tackles per match
Arthur 0,5 tackles per match

he doesn't break down attacks as he's too slow

La Liga:
Rakitic 1,6 interceptions per match
Busi 1,6 interceptions
Vidal 1,0 interceptions
Arthur 0,4 interceptions

Hell, he doesn't even use the only good skill he has which is the long pass

La Liga:
Busi 4,4 Longballs per match
Rakitic 4,3 Longballs per match
Arthur 2,0 Longballs per match
Vidal 1,3 longballs per match

In things which you have mentioned, Rakitic is the best midfielder in 3 out of 5 areas. And 0,1 point behind Busi in the 4th skill, Longballs per match.
On the other hand, a part which I will personally never get, an universally claimed (and overhyped) Arthur, is the worst in 4 out of 5 areas, and 2nd worst in the 5th area.

Regarding pace which you are mentioning, I would be interested to read stats (there aren't any available) about a current pace in 2019 between Busi, Rakitic and Arthur.

I'll add one more stat, key passes per match, all 4 guys are more or less the same, even though Rakitic is often proclaimed as the worst in that creative/assisting area:
Key passes per match, La Liga:
Vidal 0,6
Busi 0,5
Rakitic 0,5
Arthur 0,5

Last edited:

kilian

I feel the same about you so everyone’s happy ..

Incidentally it’s called the Rakitic thread to encourage thoughts and opinions on him ... positive and negative or whatever.

By all means you can start a new Rakitic Appreciation Thread and I’ll stay well away from it ...

:lol:

Ok.

Zidane82

Arizona Scott already replied, but let's do it once again:

Rakitic 4 goals this season
Vidal 2 goals
Busi 0 goals
Arthur 0 goals

Rakitic 6 assists this season
Vidal 5 assists
Busi 2 assists
Arthur 1 assist

La Liga:
Busi 2,6 tackles per match
Vidal 2,3 tackles per match
Rakitic 0,9 tackles per match
Arthur 0,5 tackles per match

La Liga:
Rakitic 1,6 interceptions per match
Busi 1,6 interceptions
Vidal 1,0 interceptions
Arthur 0,4 interceptions

La Liga:
Busi 4,4 Longballs per match
Rakitic 4,3 Longballs per match
Arthur 2,0 Longballs per match
Vidal 1,3 longballs per match

In things which you have mentioned, Rakitic is the best midfielder in 3 out of 5 areas. And 0,1 point behind Busi in the 4th skill, Longballs per match.
On the other hand, a part which I will personally never get, an universally claimed (and overhyped) Arthur, is the worst in 4 out of 5 areas, and 2nd worst in the 5th area.

Regarding pace which you are mentioning, I would be interested to read stats (there aren't any available) about a current pace in 2019 between Busi, Rakitic and Arthur.

Busi, Rakitic and Arthur are all slow .. as is Vidal although his determination helps .. we have one of the slowest midfields around.

Can’t wait for FDJ to join us ..

Judoman

Obsessions such as this guy is displaying are rarely based on facts. If he is a kid, all is forgiven. If he is an adult, he has issues.

Ustari

Mou, res!
Obsessed with shitting on Rakitic and Valverde, weird obsession on having Zidane as our manager, obsessed with Liverpool players, why even bother to argue with that poster?

Home of Barca Fans