Ivan Rakitić

FCBfan22

Onda Cero, says Valverde doesn't want him sold, but it depends on the Neymar situation, as he is an option to be one of the players to be exchanged.

So, basically Rakitic stays or NeyNey comes.

We are basically chosing between getting shot in left foot or getting shot in right foot.

abbbs97

Rakitic who is a finished footballer who EV will play over Frenkie and Arthur, or Neymar who is still a top 3 player? I'll take Neymar everyday. I'm not crazy about Neymar coming back but I'd choose him over EV's lover.

George_Costanza

Screen-Shot-2019-07-13-at-5-53-54-PM.png

Arizona Scott

Why on earth are you comparing the goal threat of Busqs ( our holding midfielder) with Rakitic ( the elusive scarlet pimpernel ... they seek him here they seek him there ... where is he when they need an option to pass to )

The major question here--at least to me, is which midfielder best complements de jong and arthur (I am penciling both as clear starters). I am not saying it is Rakitic, but I don't think it is Busi. Arthur/De Jong/Busi is lacking in supporting the attack within the final 3rd--unless De Jong really surprises us. In fact if the squad is what it is now, I would say only play with 2 true midfielders (De Jong & Arthur) for the big games with Griezmann or Coutinho behind 3 forwards. Though I expect Coutinho to be sold.

BTW a midfielder has many roles, and scoring the occasional goal and contributing assists are important to many midfielders games and their contributions. A few do even more than this. One key element to a traditional midfield (in a 4-3-3) is their overall balance as a group, i.e., how they complement each other.

The truth is the Rakitic bashing is quite obsessive. Whether he stays or goes will have very little bearing on the outcome of next season. Ya'll are so up in arms who the 10th or 11th starter is. Adding De Jong and Griezmann has already drastically changed the squad and makes Barca no worse than co-favorites in Europe. (the only thing realistically that could have been the cherry is dropping EV, but even he may not screw it up with that amount of talent next year). Whether IR is sold or stays has an insignificant affect on the Barca's odds, ya'll just have objects up your behinds you can't seem to get rid of.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
He's the key to our success.

And by that I mean that if he leaves it will give us a higher chance of winning things because Valverde will be forced to bet on someone else, with that someone being Arthur and not Vidal.

Wouldn't mind him staying as a backup if he's so reluctant to leave, but I'd only be okay with that if Valverde left.

Devils

I will donate money to charity when he leaves the club.

If god rewards you with something good, it is always good to pay it back!

xXKonan

It's amusing how stats make Rakitc look better than he really is.

The gulf between stats and what happens on the field is like night and day. Stats Rakitic makes him look like an all-around action Midfielder, On the pitch, Rakitic looks slow, positionally lazy can't deal with people pressing him and often fucks his teammates with suicidal passing due to poor awareness.

Home of Barca Fans