Ivan Rakitić

Lepi

When i read comments on this forum i think that he is only one to blame for poor Barca results. He is not on the pitch to play beautiful footbal or to be attractive. He is hard working player who forfill his role every game...or all Barca managers, national squad managers and all other relevant football experts are decived, blind, stupid or don’t know their job.

Congrats Raki for balondOr nomination :hooray:

JerseyAddict

I think Raki is instructed from EV to play defense more than build an attack. While Arthur was more instructed to try to build something. It was clear when we lost the ball. Raki was always behind the lost ball to try to recover it. His passive play is more to EVs tasks given to Raki

Givenchy

I was flicking through tv channels and saw maybe 5min of the Croatia-England match and i couldn't believe it, Raki STILL not getting any rest :lol: how many matches has he played now with world cup included?

CatalinR10

I was flicking through tv channels and saw maybe 5min of the Croatia-England match and i couldn't believe it, Raki STILL not getting any rest :lol: how many matches has he played now with world cup included?

with the world cup .... this season ....last 2 seasons ...i would say....

all ?

Messigician

Rakitic has good fitness levels. He is a bit tired though so I think he shouldn't start the first few cops games to give him some rest.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Rakitic has good fitness levels. He is a bit tired though so I think he shouldn't start the first few cops games to give him some rest.

There is a limit where good fitness just isn't enough, you either rest or cause irreversible damage to your body. Raki is very close to reaching that IMO

xXKonan

There is a limit where good fitness just isn't enough, you either rest or cause irreversible damage to your body. Raki is very close to reaching that IMO
It actually surprised me he came back like a week early to play in the Spanish Supercup.

Felt like him and Umtiti really needed more time off. Umtiti paid the price considering he already had knee problems during and before the WC and he will likely be out for 4 months. With Rakitic he's not injury prone but he's at that age where playing extensively and in the role he plays having to cover a lot of ground without much rest is going get him injured.

EdmondDantes

I saw today's training pics and Rakitic was in it. How come he didn't get a day's rest and just got straight back in after his international games? Shouldn't he at least have had the day off?

Last edited:

FCBfan22

I saw today's training pics and Rakitic was in it. How come he didn't get a day's rest and just got straight back in after his international games? Shouldn't he at least have had the day off?

I think he likes to demonstrate to whoever and whenever he can (EV, his wife, Croatian NT...) that he is dedicated to them. He doesn't seem that he knows when he needs a rest. And when he's tired he plays like shit.

Home of Barca Fans