Ivan Rakitić

Sorin

If we sell Raki we better bring someone in his place, but with 10 days until the end of the transfer window, it's doubtful. So unless a 100m+ offer comes from PSG I would tell them to fuck off. Hell, better yet, pay the fucking clause and convince Raki or no deal. I would sell to other teams for 80m+ but the only one who can pay that are english clubs and PSG and the ship has sailed for PL clubs.

He stays.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
They were the worst, yes.
Together with sulking Messi, pub player Suarez, granny Iniesta, no RB, weak Pique, low IQ Alba.

They were as bad as 9 other guys.
Mats and Umtiti were only decent guys.

Stop with these false equivalences.

Messi, Busi, and Iniesta were at least superb against Chelsea in both legs. They all have had at least a number of CL ties in the past 3 years where they've stood out and played really well. Not even close to the same as Raki, Suarez, or Pique in the CL.

So no, not "as bad as the other 9 guys"

xXKonan

[tw]1031879354647830529[/tw]

Says Barca does not want to sell Rakitic. They put the future of the player in his own hands. There is no offer to improve his contract [from Barca] at the moment.
I mean it's a good move since by the time 2021 rolls around he will be 33 years old.

Should be the same deal Alba IMO he's another one we shouldn't give a long term deal to unless he can prove that he can be useful in his 30s.

KingLeo10

They were the worst, yes.
Together with sulking Messi, pub player Suarez, granny Iniesta, no RB, weak Pique, low IQ Alba.

They were as bad as 9 other guys.
Mats and Umtiti were only decent guys.

you should go ahead and support some other team at this rate if you're going to deride our players incessantly. your favorite physical teams (atletico, juve, chelsea) have managed a grand total of 1 CL win and 4 CL finals losses in the last 6-7 seasons. Real is the only one winning multiple CLs besides us in the modern era and they won with a large dose of technical ability (and all timers, like us in the past) to go along with their physical attributes.

El Flaco

[tw]1031956403030814721[/tw]

Says Rakitic has no intention of leaving Barça. There is very strong interest from PSG and Bayern, but his goal is to continue at Barça.

Alik

It can't be denied that selling him would be a gamble with regards to how it affects the current season.

Our squad would definitely be weaker off if we sold him, and that's not good if we are so focused on winning the CL this season.

However, if Arthur plays up to his potential, we might not miss him that much and we'd have a nice sum for the next transfer window.

It would be also good timing to sell an aging player for an excellent sum before he declines.

LordLichtenstein

Rakitić is in my opinion a fantastic player, but he isn't irreplaceable. I'm certain Arthur, Vidal or Rafinha will do a great job as his replacement.

Current transfer balance:
€64M

Rakitić transfer:
€70-90M (€134-154M)

Alcácer transfer:
€20-25M (€154-184M)

Next years initial transfer budget:
€60M (€214-244M)

RMU ReBorn

I mean it's a good move since by the time 2021 rolls around he will be 33 years old.

Should be the same deal Alba IMO he's another one we shouldn't give a long term deal to unless he can prove that he can be useful in his 30s.
Neither does Busquets and Pique . They can leave if they need more money for sulking in CL

Rakitić is in my opinion a fantastic player, but he isn't irreplaceable. I'm certain Arthur, Vidal or Rafinha will do a great job as his replacement.

Current transfer balance:
€64M

Rakitić transfer:
€70-90M (€134-154M)

Alcácer transfer:
€20-25M (€154-184M)

Next years initial transfer budget:
€60M (€214-244M)

Rafinha no . Arthur may be ; Vidal yes if he is fit

xXKonan

Neither does Busquets and Pique . They can leave if they need more money for sulking in CL
You know the difference between those two vs Rakitic right?

Two of them are Barca Legends who were key players in winning two trebles and a boat load titles on Spain and both were key players for Spain that won the WC and the Euros. While it's true that Pique and Busi haven't been doing well but in the clubs eyes I could see why they gave them extensions.

Rakitic is a good player no doubt but compared to the likes or Pique and Busi he's pretty much a supporting player and not much else. He's a guy that is willing to play second/third fiddle when paired up with the likes of Iniesta/Xavi/Busi and with Dani and Messi stealing the show on the right side. Yeah he's that guy and he did the job he's suppose to do.

Busi was the main reason our Midfield has held up in terms of control and build up in the past couple of seasons now. Rakitic did his own thing but wasn't that influential in that regard and you can argue can be replaceable if you found someone who not only match his workrate and intelligence but also being much better at the ball as well.

Stric

That's exactly the thing. Rakitić has been deployed as a supporting player. He enables his superior teammates to shine, without them having to worry about doing the dirty work. That's how Messi can be Messi, Suarez can be Suarez, etc. So judging his performances as if he was meant to be the star player is going about it the wrong way, and any such evaluation will render him negatively.

Home of Barca Fans