Ivan Rakitić

Havesaks

Why do we have to endure this :(

Im actually not that dissappointed him staying here. But im also not a Rakitic-hater.

Even if he would have been sold we dont even know how high a transfer fee he would go for. He wont stand for going to England, thats almost a fact. So big money transfer would only have been PSG - but there were no rumours concerning them at all after they last summer tried. Mostly like destination would have been Inter, but they would have paid no dollar more than 40m. Or Sevilla, and they wouldnt have bought him for more than 30m.

Also, Frenkie, Alena and Arthur arent ready to carry our midfield if we want to compete in all 3 competitions. My only concern would be that Valverde would overuse him, but thats hardly Rakitics fault. If we sell Rakitic, we would need another proven big-club midfielder, and that wouldnt be cheap. I would have liked Rabiot, and i would certaintly have prefered it that way, but that wont happen now.

Alik

I don't mind him staying apart from:
- Valverde overusing him
- the loss of a sizeable transfer fee

I'm hopeful that:
- De Jong can fit in and cement himself as a starter as quickly as Arthur did.
- Coutinho is sold as there will be no room for him in midfield and we need to finance a the purchase of one (or two) new forwards.

serghei

Rakitic is a solid player. Outside of a great offer, something over 40-50m. we should keep him. But he really should not start almost all games. De Jong should take away about 30-40% of his minutes.

MTL_Barca

If Raki stays we should try to sell Cou. With Rakitic, Arthur, Frenkie and Alena we have enough midfielders and keeping super expensive Coutinho as LW backup doesn't make any sense.

xXKonan

The way I see it is we can afford to rotate Rakitic and Busi a lot more next season.

With the amount of cash we spent on De Jong and his Potential, and with Arthur establishing himself and Vidal being useful and Alena also showing talent, there's no reason for both those two to be still starting the Majority of games next season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The problem is not Rakitic staying. The problem is Valverde's insane obsession with him. I don't know if that report is true, more likely to be false than true, but there's just so much smoke around Rakitic and Valverde that it almost makes me believe it is true.

CatalinR10

[tw]1110557019625259010[/tw]

anigif_enhanced-28481-1455016930-2.gif

xXKonan

I could have seen a scenario where Barto did offer him an extension if he kept his current wages or a took a pay cut.

But I doubt Rakitic would accept that. The whole point of him begging for a new deal was for him to get a bigger bump in wages.

Havesaks

Didnt rakitic just play his cards because of the PSG bid? I dont ever think Rakitic intended to move, again his wife etc. So in future i only see him extending his contract on similar or lower wages, or more likely he will go to sevilla in 2021.

Zidane82

They should pay him in relation to his declining speed in fitness tests plus reduced ground covered and comparative effect in games.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans