Ivan Rakitić

Raketa10

Yeah since our future is really bright with 33 years old Iniesta and Gomes, Rafinha and Denis. Last three are really world class midfielders, not to mention Busi has no sub.
Selling Rakitic only makes sense if we bring someone better than him.

Dado

From The Sun:

IVAN RAKITIC’S future at Barcelona is in serious doubt — and we can reveal he has been part of a WhatsApp group called ‘Juventus’ for the past five months.

Croatia team-mates Mario Mandzukic and Marko Pjaca, as well as the midfielder’s former Nou Camp team-mate, Dani Alves, are the other members.
A source has told us the trio have been trying to entice the Barcelona star to make the switch since the summer.

Rakitic has been inundated with messages which include how beautiful the Juventus Stadium is and what great solidarity there is within the dressing room.

While they also regularly send him selfies immediately after victories.

He told the Juventus stars his desire was to stay in Catalonia, IF Luis Enrique leaves in the summer.

However, the Barca boss found out that Rakitic told the Serie A trio about rifts and problems within the Nou Camp dressing room — and is understandably seething.

Intresting.

Dado

Never mind the source, the story does not follow the usual football "gossip pattern".

I actually think there is truth to it. Remember when Rakitic was the only one who did not attend the player/wives dinner after the game where he was halftime subbed (and did not come out of the locker room).

Something happened at that locker roam at half time, my assumption would be a verbal disagrement with Lucho of why he keeps puling him out of the game even when he is not the worst player on the field and he felt none of the other players stood up for him at that time.

Sun maybe the source but it sure feels like there is something there.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Would be an extremely stupid move if we were to sell him, but again, the upper echelon of this club is not exactly known for its intelligence and business acumen.

Neeraj

Selling Rakitic would be stupider than the stupidity in Gomes and Paco deals combined. I mean, really, considering we barely have an 11, let alone squad, you want to let a proven world class midfielder (a department we seem to be having a crisis in) leave? Mind you, with absolutely no better prospects, in or outside the team.

I have no god damn clue what Lucho is upto, but for me, if Rakitic leaves because of Luchos idiocracy and stubbornness, that will be something I cannot forgive as a fan.

Richard.H

Raki is an amazing player, ironically the same type of player as Lucho. Would be stupid to let go of him. He is in a rut, true, but Gomes can't do fuk all to replace him.

SeloBarca

He out: rakitic+gomes
in: verratti

Midfield
Busi iniesta verratti rafinha denis

Unfortunally that wouldnt be enough. IF PSG would sell it would prob be for almost record sum.
I wouldnt mind, as ive said before, to sell all mideifleds except Iniesta and Busi, but looking what would be reasonable available, theres not much.
Coutinho maybe, Wiegl maybe. Thats pretty much it.
We have missed out on many good midfielders and now we pay for it.
Ive said for the last 4 years we need to start rebuilding our midfield, but everyone just wanted attackers and defenders.

Raketa10

Rakitic has to regain his form and stay as simple as that. There is no better affordable solution, not even close. It would be one of the stupidest decisions ever to let him go.

Home of Barca Fans