Ivan Rakitić

RMU ReBorn

Yeah he's having a great World cup but if the rest of the team does well he does well especially in a double pivot.

At Barca if we return to the 4-3-3 he's going to struggle again and be nowhere near as good as he was in the 14/15-15-16 season. Doesn't have the pace nor energy to play in an advanced role anymore.
Doesn't have energy . I have seen everything in this forum by stupid wannabe fanboys . :facepalm: .

FinBarcelonafan

As some others said, we force teams to park buses, with our slow transition and with playing safely.
Then, when the opponents park the bus, we try our possession game and 100s passes in tight spaces and we have to pass every ball to Messi.
For example, Rakitic is bad in that type of a game.

He had lots of awesome longballs in the first match.
Today he had a lot of forward passes, long balls, he hit a crossbar from a freekick, scored a goal, work hard in closing down Arg's midfield.

Maybe Barca should move away from slowing down our game and passing every ball to Messi.
Messi is getting older and we need to move from Messipendencia.
We need more variation in our game and more new players stepping up (not only waiting for Messi).

Amen. Our game used to work but this slowing down and playing it safe ain't working anymore. It's same with Spain to be honest. It's almost impossible to get ball through 10 players who are defending. Even with great players.

xXKonan

Doesn't have energy . I have seen everything in this forum by stupid wannabe fanboys . :facepalm: .
Lol wannabe fanboy.

I mean have you watched him in a 4-3-3 recently at all? He looked nowhere near as good as he does in a double pivot these days. A far cry compared to his performances from the 14/15 and 15/16 season.

RMU ReBorn

Lol wannabe fanboy.

I mean have you watched him in a 4-3-3 recently at all? He looked nowhere near as good as he does in a double pivot these days. A far cry compared to his performances from the 14/15 and 15/16 season.
why should he receive all the flake because Messi can't play in wings without Dani . ? Raki was given a job to cover for Messi in lucho's system with Dani and Messi linking up well , Raki did what he was asked for . As soon as Dani left that wing was dead with Messi drifting to middle and who gets the blame ? Rakitic . He will thrive in a team that uses him better like current Barca and Lucho's Barca with a creative RB . . He was made scape goat in a ridiculous system in Lucho's last season

Rakitic was A CAM in sevilla and he was their best player . Here he plays out of his favored position and has done a remarkable job for us covering for Busquets this season, who was getting slaughtered on counter attacks

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Whenever Semedo plays Rakitic had a better day because he don't need to cover for Sergi who is still learning the ropes as a Rb .

Joan

Hats off, mister. Beautiful match. True central midfielder today.

Impressed with him so far.

BBZ8800

Lol wannabe fanboy.

To be fair, in Croatia, he has Modric alongside him who can run, cover, pass and create.
That guy Brozovic can run and cover more than our midfield together, lol.
So, he don't have to cover as much in Croatia and he has semifast guys alongside him, plus he has 2 wingers in Croatia who are helping in defending (Perisic, Rebic) plus Cf Mandzukic is defending like crazy also.

So, in Croatia, you have 3 midfielders who can run and cover a lot and 3 forwards who are defending a lot.
And Rakitic plays well surrounded with those guys and he isn't dead tired when he comes to attack.

Now, let's check his teammates at Barca:
1. Busi, a turtle
2. Iniesta, retired from a professional football. And played like a semi-retired footballer for the last 2 years. Can't run, can't cover, can't defend too much.
That means a heavier burden for Raki.
Let's move to attack:
3. Messi, running, defending, covering, pressing. Do I even need to comment?
4. Luis? Well, he tries from time to time, but that is not good enough.
5. Dembele on a right side? Lol, do I need to comment Dembele's defending and covering at all?
6. on top of that, RB on Raki's side is Roberto, who again is not a natural RB and is often lost in a positional sense.

So, while I agree that Raki is not a perfect player for our system, but still:
Busi slow, Iniesta granny.
3 attackers don't defend.
So, 3 closest players to Raki are Iniesta, Messi and Dembele in 433, and none of them can defend and cover too much.
And Roberto, who is not a RB.

So, I would dare to say that Rakitic has a lot more of dirty stuff to do at Barca than in Croatia.
In Croatia he is helped by 5 other dudes who can run and defend.
At Barca, he and Busi are alone in defending.

And then, people want to get rid of Raki for some more attacking player.
Do you guys actually want our team to have zero defending in midfield and attack in 433?
He is the only guy who is bringing some balance into our quite disfunctional team (defending wise).

He had Brozovic and Modric beside him- both fighters. 3 warriors upfront too - Rebic, Mandzukic, Perisic. In Barca he is the sole workhorse and obviously can't shine that much.

You were faster.
I was just writing the same, but way longer, lol.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

To be fair, in Croatia, he has Modric alongside him who can run, cover, pass and create.
That guy Brozovic can run and cover more than our midfield together, lol.
So, he don't have to cover as much in Croatia and he has semifast guys alongside him, plus he has 2 wingers in Croatia who are helping in defending (Perisic, Rebic) plus Cf Mandzukic is defending like crazy also.

So, in Croatia, you have 3 midfielders who can run and cover a lot and 3 forwards who are defending a lot.
And Rakitic plays well surrounded with those guys and he isn't dead tired when he comes to attack.

Now, let's check his teammates at Barca:
1. Busi, a turtle
2. Iniesta, retired from a professional football. And played like a semi-retired footballer for the last 2 years. Can't run, can't cover, can't defend too much.
That means a heavier burden for Raki.
Let's move to attack:
3. Messi, running, defending, covering, pressing. Do I even need to comment?
4. Luis? Well, he tries from time to time, but that is not good enough.
5. Dembele on a right side? Lol, do I need to comment Dembele's defending and covering at all?
6. on top of that, RB on Raki's side is Roberto, who again is not a natural RB and is often lost in a positional sense.

So, while I agree that Raki is not a perfect player for our system, but still:
Busi slow, Iniesta granny.
3 attackers don't defend.
So, 3 closest players to Raki are Iniesta, Messi and Dembele in 433, and none of them can defend and cover too much.
And Roberto, who is not a RB.

So, I would dare to say that Rakitic has a lot more of dirty stuff to do at Barca than in Croatia.
In Croatia he is helped by 5 other dudes who can run and defend.
At Barca, he and Busi are alone in defending.

And then, people want to get rid of Raki for some more attacking player.
Do you guys actually want our team to have zero defending in midfield and attack in 433?
He is the only guy who is bringing some balance into our quite disfunctional team (defending wise).

You were faster.
I was just writing the same, but way longer, lol.

Iniesta is gone. Suarez should be gone and to be honest, I think Pique needs to leave. He is not good role model for others, maybe in business but not in football. Guy can't defend anymore.

This team needs to get rid of some old weight before signing new ones.

Home of Barca Fans