Ivan Rakitić

JerseyAddict

As soon as we get a proper replacement we should bench him... but now as it looks there is no... maybe go for La Masia kids.

blaugrana1987

I told everyone Kovacic is gazillion miles better. Should have bought him from Inter.

But then again board and JamDev dont agree with that.

YodaMaster

And who should start instead of him? Iniesta? Samper? Gomes? Alena? Paulinho?

Iniesta, Samper and Alena are miles ahead this guy.

Rakitic has been a starter at Barça for 3 f-ing years it's absolutely crazy. He never had the level except some months in 2015 when the team was destroying every one. And he was the less important player in that team. All he did was defensive contribution. He never had the skills to be important in the build-up. We don't want this kind of midfielders at Barcelona. We need to sell him ASAP!

Zuti

I told everyone Kovacic is gazillion miles better. Should have bought him from Inter.

But then again board and JamDev dont agree with that.

Don't think Kovacic is anywhere near beeing miles better right now, he is looking good now in Madrid because he has a murder team around him, Rakitic looked rly good too in the trebble season, before our midfield started to fall apart.

Kovacic wouldn't make a difference in this current Barca team , he is not there yet, might never be.

Raki13

Very sad to see him decline like this. Doesnt seem to know how to play a forward pass , and being one who can shoot from distance, i cant remember the last shot at goal hes had.

clemente

Iniesta, Samper and Alena are miles ahead this guy.

Rakitic has been a starter at Barça for 3 f-ing years it's absolutely crazy. He never had the level except some months in 2015 when the team was destroying every one. And he was the less important player in that team. All he did was defensive contribution. He never had the skills to be important in the build-up. We don't want this kind of midfielders at Barcelona. We need to sell him ASAP!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Neymessi

The sad thing is he will be a starter this season no matter who we sign. Iniesta is way too old to be a starter so we are left with him.

BBZ8800

Don't think Kovacic is anywhere near beeing miles better right now, he is looking good now in Madrid because he has a murder team around him, Rakitic looked rly good too in the trebble season, before our midfield started to fall apart.

Kovacic wouldn't make a difference in this current Barca team , he is not there yet, might never be.

No, Kovacic actually IS MILES BETTER than current Rakitic.
For start, Kovacic at least:
1. can run
2. can move a lot off the ball, and with ball in his feet
3. he can dribble through players in midfield
4. he doesn't have problems with a first touch and with controlling the ball (unlike current Rakitic from the last 12 Months)
5. and he seems quite comfortbale, confident and even slightly cocky on the ball lately

Kovacic and Rakitic currently look like:
1. a 23 years old guy who came to play football with his college friends (Kovacic)
2. ... and he brought his 45 years old dad (who used to be a footballer 20 years ago) to play with them

The difference is exactly like that: a son and his 45 years old dad (who didn't run for 15 years):

Look at the movement of Kovacic and how he flies around a pitch.
Then remember what a current Rakitic is doing...

Last edited:

Zuti

No, Kovacic actually IS MILES BETTER than current Rakitic.
For start, Kovacic at least:
1. can run
2. can move a lot off the ball, and with ball in his feet
3. he doesn't have problems with a first touch and with controlling the ball (unlike current Rakitic from the last 12 Months)
4. and he seems quite comfortbale, comfident and even slightly cocky on the ball lately
5. he can dribble through players in midfield

Kovacic and Rakitic currently looks like:
1. a 23 years old guy came to play football with his college friends (Kovacic)
2. ... and he brought his 45 years old dad (who used to be a footballer 20 years ago) to play with them

The difference is exactly like that: a son and his 45 years old dad (who didn't run for 15 years):

Look at the movement of Kovacic and how he flies around a pitch.
Then remember what a current Rakitic is doing...

Can't agree with this, Kova right now only benefits of having wc teammates around him, his performances in the NT are proof of that. We will see where he is 1 or 2 years from now, he still has potential, but I was far more confident about his future a few years back then I am now.

BBZ8800

Can't agree with this, Kova right now only benefits of having wc teammates around him, his performances in the NT are proof of that. We will see where he is 1 or 2 years from now, he still has potential, but I was far more confident about his future a few years back then I am now.

Rakitic played like a 45 years old more or less in every Croatian NT match in 2016 and 2017.
In the same time when he declined at Barca, he also started to play equally as bad in NT team.

Also, for my taste, Rakitic's attitude has slightly changed in 2016 and 2017.
Before Barca, he was a good, humble, hardworking guy in NT team.
Imo, in my eyes, after our treble in 2015, he started to play slighty arrogant in the NT team.

Something like: I am the star here. I am playing for Barca.
I don't have to run as much anymore, because I am the star.

Again, this is just my view.
I loved Rakitic in the past both in NT team and as a club player, but in the last 2 years, his stamina and pace totally disappeared (he is one of those guys who age and lose phisical abilities quite early, in late 20s).
Plus, imo, his head and attitude also got worse and a fame slightly affected him.

Home of Barca Fans