Ivan Rakitić

BBZ8800

This is all you need to know about this oh so great Rakitic..

His infamous tweet that caused an uproar recently.. this was tweeted by a 25 year old Rakitic .. I can’t see he’s changed that much since then apart from getting slower ..
I give you Ivan Rakitic folks..

“I respect gays but do not want them in the same dressing room. I would not exit a team because of that, for I respect gays just like I respect dwarves, fat people and black people, but if possible I'd rather not have gay people in my life”

He is coming from Croatia where 70% of population are quite religious and where the current "popular opinion" is: gay is bad, gay is not normal.
And church is literally openly saying in Croatia: gay is bad.
Now, since majority of people in Croatia are religious and since a local church is saying: gay is bad and not a good thing, now try to sum 1+1 and understand where is he coming from.

If you would ask the same question: Modric, Kovacic and other players, more or less they would reply the same.
I am not saying that it is right.
But if you are taught that way in your school, by your family, friends and on a TV, you accept that as a normal thing.
He probably didn't know in that moment that he said something wrong.

I don't have anything against gays.
But it is not that simple and liberal in other parts of the world as in Western countries.

** Sorry for a political post.

BBZ8800

Ok, but he was born and grew up in Switzerland.

Croatian people who live abroad, like in Switzerland, keep their religion, regardless of a new country.
The same as with Muslims from Turkey who live in Germany.
Do they abandon their religion?
Do they change completely and adapt Western values? Rarely.

From Wikipedia:
Wikipedia said:
A constitutional referendum was held in Croatia on 1 December 2013. The proposed amendment to the constitution would define marriage as being a union between a man and a woman, which would create a constitutional prohibition against same-sex marriage. 37.9% of eligible voters voted. After processing all of the ballots, the State Election Commission announced that 65.87% voted yes, 33.51% no and 0.57% of ballots were disregarded as invalid.

The referendum was called after a conservative organization U ime obitelji (“On Behalf of the Family”) gathered more than 700,000 signatures in May 2013 demanding a referendum on the subject. The initiative was supported by conservative political parties, the Catholic Church as well as by several other faith groups. The ruling left-wing coalition opposed the amendment along with numerous human rights organizations and the majority of the Croatian media.

In 2013, on a referendum in Croatia, 66% of people voted for a prohibition of gay marriage.
And a church openly supported prohibition of gays.

To some extent, in Croatia, you are weird if you are FOR gays and gays marriage, not the other way around.

Now, if you take that into a context, it is not Raki's fault.
He is just raised that way, again as 66% of people of Croatia, Poland and some similar neo-catholic countries.

Last edited:

MagIX

Croatian people who live abroad, like in Switzerland, keep their religion, regardless of a new country.

From Wikipedia:

In 2013, on a referendum in Croatia, 66% of people voted for a prohibition of gay marriage.

To some extent, in Croatia, you are weird if you are FOR gays and gays marriage, not the other way around.

He is just raised that way, again as 66% of people of Croatia.

I wrote that just only to clarify a point, because you wrote " But if you are taught that way in your school, by your family, friends and on a TV, you accept that as a normal thing.": in Switzerland there is no church or media propaganda against gay. And the environment where he grew up (not at home, not by his family) is not like in Croatia.
So (if there was) a brainwashing -by media church or environment- out of his family environment has not been there.
With my post I just wanted to mean this, it is not a judgment on his opinion.
Personally I' am not gay and i have nothing against homosexuality.

Last edited:

Zidane82

From Wikipedia:

He is just raised that way, again as 66% of people of Croatia, Poland and some similar neo-catholic countries.

Millions in the Far East think that ground up Rhino horn powder helps with erections .. and has been used in their medicine for more than 2,000 years and is used to treat fever, rheumatism, gout, and other disorders. It also states that the horn could also cure snakebites, hallucinations, typhoid, headaches, carbuncles, vomiting, food poisoning, and “devil possession.”

Doesn’t excuse things

EdmondDantes

I read an article midweek, from either MD or Sport - I can't recall - that said Rakitic was benched last Friday to try and force his hand to leave the club.

I paid no mind to it since it seemed a bit off, as in, far too much conjecture.

But now that Rakitic has been benched for the second consecutive game, coupled with Valverde's quotes from pre-season, along with the fact Valverde himself was nearly fired....

I can now believe Valverde is indeed indifferent to Rakitic leaving (especially if it means he stays in the dugout), unlike last season. And it may as well happen, our midfield surplus will not solve itself... and we don't need another Roma or Liverpool humiliation this year; both of which Rakitic was very much present and at fault.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

I read an article midweek, from either MD or Sport - I can't recall - that said Rakitic was benched last Friday to try and force his hand to leave the club.

But now that Rakitic has been bench for the second consecutive game, coupled with Valverde's quotes from pre-season, along with the fact Valverde himself was nearly fired....

I can now believe Valverde is indeed indifferent to Rakitic leaving (especially if it means he stays in the dugout), unlike last season. And it may as well happen, our midfield surplus will not solve itself... and we don't need another Roma or Liverpool humiliation this year; both of which Rakitic was very much present and at fault.

Valverde snook into Rakitic’s house while he was out and deleted the nudes.

EdmondDantes

Yeah, Valverde is not perfect. But if you look back, he always found a way to fit Roberto in the team. He just shifted his goalposts from Rakitic to Sergi - who at least can run at this point.

We'll see what happens, I'm willing to see how he plays, he might do well if he uses what he's good at (his engine).

EdmondDantes

But now that Rakitic has been benched for the second consecutive game, coupled with Valverde's quotes from pre-season, along with the fact Valverde himself was nearly fired....

[tw]1165687506865668096[/tw]

This Monday, Barça and Juventus will meet with the name of Rakitic on the table. The Croatian had never been on bench in 2 straight games with Valverde. It did not happen since January 2017 with Luis Enrique. [Catalunya Radio]

What did I say?

Now let's wait and see how Rakitic and his entourage takes it; when Lucho benched him for Gomes it got ugly; and Rakitic didn't like being subbed against Real last season either.

-

Edit:

More journos piling on and confirming what was hinted midweek regarding Raki:

[tw]1165681466782752768[/tw]

[tw]1165682905135366145[/tw]

Maybe his sale was really promised to De Jong after all

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans