Ivan Rakitić

xxxxxx

Fecking Valverde is back in Barcelona to sort out next season’s squad ... his first demand is that Rakitic has to STAY !!

For gawds sake !!

Of course he wants him to stay. Valverde has no clue what to do or who to sign. He's literally clueless. Imagine if he didn't have Messi to save his ass.

clemente

Valverde just said he is irreplacable :lol:
We have De Jong coming, then there is Vidal who in my opinion is on a whole another level compared to Rakitic, then there is Arthur who I think is our best midfielder, but this smelly fart is saying Rakitic is not replacable, I'm just not gonna watch next season.

FCBfan22

This is starting to look like Arda clinching to his spot in Barca, with an important difference. He is actually playing in 95% of the games.

BBZ8800

Your conclusion is kind of weird. You said it yourself, Arthur is best vs opponents who attack us. Accidentally that were the games that truly hurt us (Liverpool, Roma). In both games a fully fit Arthur could have been the difference.

Against the 80% La Liga "dross" we can just carry Arthur and hope he improves vs deep opponents with experience. But we cant carry Rakitic vs the 20% of teams that attack us.

Arthur is good against Liverpool.
That is EV's mistake.

That doesn't change a fact that in this moment Arthur is meh against weak La Liga teams when we are chasing the score.

Can Arthur dribble?
Can he shoot?
Can he make key passes?
Can he make assists?
Can he make attacking runs into the box?

In these attacking areas: Coutinho, Alena, Rakitic, Vidal are all better than him.

Look at a pattern in the last few matches when we were chasing the score.
Arthur was subbed off every time because he is currently offering nothing in the attacking third when we need goals:
9th March, Barca:Rayo.
Midfield Busi-Arthur-Vidal.
Attack Cou-Suarez-Messi.
Half time score 1:1.
We needed more risks.
45th minute: Arthur goes out.
Cou moves to CAM.
Dembele enters to LW.
We scored 2 goals and won 3:1.

30th March: Barcelona:Espanyol
Minute 59, score 0:0, midfield Busi-Raki-Arthur.
We needed to score:
Arthur goes out.
Cou moves to CAM.
Malcom enters to LW.
We won 2:0

Cdr final
Half time score 0:2.
We needed goals.
Arthur out, Malcom in.

** also, in the last few weeks, EV seemed to lost faith in Arthur.
In the last 5 matches when we played starters:
Liverpool
Liverpool
Getafe
Eibar
Valencia

This is how much our starters played in those 5 matches:
Busquets 425 minutes
Vidal 390
Rakitic 388
Coutinho 279
Malcom 206
Alena 67
Arthur 60 minutes

EV has changed his mind about Arthur lately.
Coutinho, Malcom, Alena=all played more than Arthur.

Last edited:

Messigician

That is EV's mistake.

That doesn't change a fact that in this moment Arthur is meh against weak La Liga teams when we are chasing the score.

Can Arthur dribble?
Can he shoot?
Can he make key passes?
Can he make assists?

In these attacking areas: Coutinho, Alena, Rakitic, Vidal are all better than him.

Look at a pattern in the last few matches when we are chasing a score.
Arthur is subbed off every time because he is currently offering nothing in the attacking third when we need goals:
9th March, Barca:Rayo.
Midfield Busi-Arthur-Vidal.
Attack Cou-Suarez-Messi.
Half time score 1:1.
We need more risks.
45th minute: Arthur goes out.
Cou moves to CAM.
Dembele enters to LW.
We scored 2 goals and won 3:1.

30th March: Barcelona:Espanyol
Minute 59, score 0:0, midfield Busi-Raki-Arthur.
We need to score:
Arthur goes out.
Cou moves to CAM.
Malcom enters to LW.
We won 2:0

Cdr final
Half time score 0:2.
We need goals.
Arthur out, Malcom in.

** also, in the last few weeks, EV seemed to lost faith in Arthur.
In the last 5 matches when we played starters:
Liverpool
Liverpool
Getafe
Eibar
Valencia

This is how much our starters played in those 5 matches:
Busquets 425 minutes
Vidal 390
Rakitic 388
Coutinho 279
Malcom 206
Alena 67
Arthur 60 minutes

EV has changed his mind about Arthur lately.
Coutinho, Malcom, Alena=all played more than Arthur.

It's because Arthur got fat and his form dropped after injury

CatalinR10

That is EV's mistake.

Can Arthur dribble?
Can he shoot?
Can he make key passes?
Can he make assists?

rakitic doing these things ?

fucking lol , he is the cancer of barcelona's midfield together with busquets.

Only good thing he excels at is being the biggest pussy to play in the barca midfield.

mc_lovin

Again, I have nothing against subbing Arthur out for a more offensive option. Your change of arguments regarding Arthur is kind of weird though.

First you argued against Arthur, because we need a more physical midfield in demanding cl ties (Vidal-Rakitic-Busquets). After that failed spectacuraly you argue against him, because he is shit vs weak, defensive La Liga sides.

My point is: we are just fine vs weak La Liga sides irregardless of who plays - Rakitic or Arthur. Call it the Messi factor. We are not fine vs pressing teams. Rakitic just showed he cannot be trusted anymore - or to be more precise the Busquets-Rakitic pairing. He can implode anytime vs those teams.

George_Costanza

In Dubai with his wife.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-12-at-9-52-43-PM.png

BBZ8800

Again, I have nothing against subbing Arthur out for a more offensive option. Your change of arguments regarding Arthur is kind of weird though.

First you argued against Arthur, because we need a more physical midfield in demanding cl ties (Vidal-Rakitic-Busquets). After that failed spectacuraly you argue against him, because he is shit vs weak, defensive La Liga sides.

My point is: we are just fine vs weak La Liga sides irregardless of who plays - Rakitic or Arthur. Call it the Messi factor. We are not fine vs pressing teams. Rakitic just showed he cannot be trusted anymore - or to be more precise the Busquets-Rakitic pairing. He can implode anytime vs those teams.

Till this season I thought that we need more physique in all competitions.

But lately I turned to Pep's style as the best style for league titles.

So, I actually don't want to see Busi-Raki-Vidal in La liga, but more attacking options.

In a CL though, imo, Pep's style is not good.
And that tournament is made for more direct football, physique, dirtier football, momentum, clutch players in key moments, mental strength.

So, imo, a league tournament is a place for a fancy football, technique, for Barca's choir boys.
CL is a place for a street fighting, blood, adrenaline, mental strength.

In that sense, I would play Arthur in La liga with Frenkie and Cou.
In a CL though, a totally different story.

But regarding a current season, imo, Busi-Frenkie-Arthur, 3 fancy pivots, makes zero sense against weak La liga teams.
Raki also isn't an answer though.
But for me, he is less bad than a current sterile Arthur.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
That is EV's mistake.

CL is a place for a street fighting, blood, adrenaline, mental strength.

In that sense, I would play Arthur in La liga with Frenkie and Cou.
In a CL though, a totally different story.

Holy cognitive dissonance :lol: BBZ is a 50% mix between a random word generator bot with his cookie cutter essays and 50% Donald Trump-esque short term memory loss. Which is it? Arthur is shit in la liga against parked buses or shit against high pressure CL teams? What you're really just trying to say is that, he's shit, and to trust him over Rakitic would lead to our demise somehow :lol:

You don't get to say after 2 back to back humiliations that what we need is more "physical/tough/combative midfielders". You speak like if we were to bench Rakitic and play Arthur in midfield we'd instantly be getting annihilated in the CL conceding a goal every 10 mins he played.

Newsflash: we already got destroyed. 4-0, and 3-0 the year before that. Doing EXACTLY what you've recommended. "Work-horse/no BS midfielders" and playing conservative football as much as possible. But hmm yah I suppose we have SO much to lose by playing Arthur in midfield and changing the dynamic instead of going with tired old Rakishit who hasn't done a single impressive thing in CL knockouts since 2015.

You think that you have the authority to claim shit like "trust me, if we play Arthur over Rakitic we WILL be worse 100%"

Why the hell should we just take your word for that? It's utter nonsense. Rakitic fails time and time again, and yet without any chance to prove otherwise you proudly claim your braindead axiom that "no matter how bad Rakitic is, Arthur is WORSE". Arthur excelled against RM, Sevilla, Spurs, played really well against United, etc. In his 15 mins against Liverpool he did FAR more than Rakitic in 75-80.

But hey, 2-3 CL failures in a row with our midfield getting completely outclassed isn't enough to prove that Rakitic is not in fact our best midfielder and is more likely the worst by a distance.

Tackle

Holy cognitive dissonance :lol: BBZ is a 50% mix between a random word generator bot with his cookie cutter essays and 50% Donald Trump-esque short term memory loss. Which is it? Arthur is shit in la liga against parked buses or shit against high pressure CL teams? What you're really just trying to say is that, he's shit, and to trust him over Rakitic would lead to our demise somehow :lol:

You don't get to say after 2 back to back humiliations that what we need is more "physical/tough/combative midfielders". You speak like if we were to bench Rakitic and play Arthur in midfield we'd instantly be getting annihilated in the CL conceding a goal every 10 mins he played.

Newsflash: we already got destroyed. 4-0, and 3-0 the year before that. Doing EXACTLY what you've recommended. "Work-horse/no BS midfielders" and playing conservative football as much as possible. But hmm yah I suppose we have SO much to lose by playing Arthur in midfield and changing the dynamic instead of going with tired old Rakishit who hasn't done a single impressive thing in CL knockouts since 2015.

You think that you have the authority to claim shit like "trust me, if we play Arthur over Rakitic we WILL be worse 100%"

Why the hell should we just take your word for that? It's utter nonsense. Rakitic fails time and time again, and yet without any chance to prove otherwise you proudly claim your braindead axiom that "no matter how bad Rakitic is, Arthur is WORSE". Arthur excelled against RM, Sevilla, Spurs, played really well against United, etc. In his 15 mins against Liverpool he did FAR more than Rakitic in 75-80.

But hey, 2-3 CL failures in a row with our midfield getting completely outclassed isn't enough to prove that Rakitic is not in fact our best midfielder and is more likely the worst by a distance.

Why not replace Busquets with Arthur?

Why is always Rakitic getting blamed for the failings of the entire midfield when Busquets has been even worse? Of course you won't dare to bring him up since he's a La Masia graduate that played in Pep's Barca with Iniesta and Xavi. Ever since those two left he's been nothing but a glorified tree being heralded for his "unseen genius" that only "real football fans" a.k.a Cruyffista hipsters can appreciate.

Rakitic has had plenty of good matches this season as well and other than those two months where Arthur was in good form he's been injured, out of shape, or in mediocre form the rest of the season. Rakitic has offered more stable and reliable performances than Arthur through the course of the whole season.

Pipe down mate. Love how you daft Cruyffista knob heads love moaning and complaining about a brand of football that is dead in 2019. Just take a gander at how your lover boy Pep has done in the CL without Xavi, Iniesta and Messi.

It is so fecking easy to spot the fans that have never watched this club pre-2005 and were inundated with all their key footballing philosophies during the Pep era. I was reading some older threads of La Masia flops currently playing for midtable and relegation fodder teams earlier and you were talking up these players like they were the next Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and how the coach was a twat for not playing these great prospects.

:lol::lol::lol:

Daft, naive and highly impressionable. Go wank over Denis and Samper some more.

Arthur's only world class talent is retaining the ball and he has a multitude of weaknesses. Rakitic is more well rounded. Busquets has been finished since 2015 and should be the first midfielder coming out of the lineup.

Zidane82

Why not replace Busquets with Arthur?

Why is always Rakitic getting blamed for the failings of the entire midfield when Busquets has been even worse? Of course you won't dare to bring him up since he's a La Masia graduate that played in Pep's Barca with Iniesta and Xavi. Ever since those two left he's been nothing but a glorified tree being heralded for his "unseen genius" that only "real football fans" a.k.a Cruyffista hipsters can appreciate.

Rakitic has had plenty of good matches this season as well and other than those two months where Arthur was in good form he's been injured, out of shape, or in mediocre form the rest of the season. Rakitic has offered more stable and reliable performances than Arthur through the course of the whole season.

Pipe down mate. Love how you daft Cruyffista knob heads love moaning and complaining about a brand of football that is dead in 2019. Just take a gander at how your lover boy Pep has done in the CL without Xavi, Iniesta and Messi.

It is so fecking easy to spot the fans that have never watched this club pre-2005 and were inundated with all their key footballing philosophies during the Pep era. I was reading some older threads of La Masia flops currently playing for midtable and relegation fodder teams earlier and you were talking up these players like they were the next Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and how the coach was a twat for not playing these great prospects.

:lol::lol::lol:

Daft, naive and highly impressionable. Go wank over Denis and Samper some more.

Arthur's only world class talent is retaining the ball and he has a multitude of weaknesses. Rakitic is more well rounded. Busquets has been finished since 2015 and should be the first midfielder coming out of the lineup.

Rakitic is the slowest member of the squad apparently plus he’s simply been ineffective. Sure he occasionally wakes out of his slumber and makes an occasional decent pass but hells teeth he’s generally just so poor .

It’s clear that only a family member would defend him so vigorously.

So on that note Mrs Rakitic , I bid you and your son , goodnight .

Last edited:

YodaMaster

Lol so there’s still people defending this pussy fart up here...

This dude is the biggest midfield fraud in Barca history. But he’ll probably still be a starter in 2030 because... well you know... he’s been the best water carrier in 2015.

This club dying daily. Segura, Bartomeu, Valverde and Rakitic should be synonyms of plague in Catalunya.

Last edited:

ryuken

Why do you guys even bother to argue with these two, it is just a waste of time and you will have to read a wall of text with stats everytime

Home of Barca Fans