Ivan Rakitić

Question17

Couldn't care less what team of the year awards he won playing in a position he never would at Barca.

Changes nothing at all about thinking he is average technically and Barca require better.

He was good for Sevilla that has nothing to do with him being good enough for Barca and the completely different type of midfielder needed.

Alves did mask his lack of technical ability. Also did Messi and he ended up in a role many average players could have carried out.

Now the team needs more than what he can give as don't have an Alves to mask his lack of technical ability that Barca should be looking for.

You apparently do because you are committed to idea that he's average and doesn't belong here no questions asked.

You are aware that there is more than one type of midfielder. I know midfielders that defend a lot while scoring more than any other midfielder on the team are just so boring and easy to find for you, apparently your opinion isn't universal as that cakewalk role had this forum praising him then and getting team of the year awards.

It has nothing to do with it or you because he already proved that he was good enough for Barca. Even if he was just a squad players he still belonged and he proved it. Your dream team of 3 technical midfielders could easily loose to a team with an "average" midfielder, or even a team of guys with a good system and no stand out players.

Who doesn't messi mask in this weird example you are giving?

JamDav1982

Yip I do think for top top level he is average and has proved that in his time at Barca.

You seem fixated in this team of the year thing. I also think Itturaspe and Otamendi are average players at top level and they too were in those teams.

I will praise him for his role in second half of treble as he worked hard and was disciplined doing it but he lacked the quality a starting Barca midfielder needs and took on that role many average players could.

Stop the straw man rubbish of me wanting three technical midfielders and nothing else. For 'hardworking' midfielders he is nothing special in defence anyway.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I always thought that his wife was over-rated..... After looking at that stupid movie shot when he was out in Turin for Europa league. She looked plain average and sounded meh!

But man she's hot!
ZD4PcKm.jpg

Raquel-Mauri:-Bikini-Candids-2016--02.jpg

Question17

Yip I do think for top top level he is average and has proved that in his time at Barca.

You seem fixated in this team of the year thing. I also think Itturaspe and Otamendi are average players at top level and they too were in those teams.

I will praise him for his role in second half of treble as he worked hard and was disciplined doing it but he lacked the quality a starting Barca midfielder needs and took on that role many average players could.

Stop the straw man rubbish of me wanting three technical midfielders and nothing else. For 'hardworking' midfielders he is nothing special in defence anyway.

Yep he really proved that, all the trophies won vs JamDav the greats word.

I'm not its just really funny for someone to call a great player like that average and then go on and act like everyone agrees with that assessment . Well since you are fixated on your opinion as being the whole truth why wouldn't I bring up other pundits opinions and show that he won subjective individual awards. They dont agree with you that he was average so you can argue in circles with them.

I'd really like to see you call Rakitic an average player to his face. You must be really cream of the crop in your profession to be so confident in disparaging someone that achieved that much. If you are not maybe rakitic should start questioning whether you ever belonged at your job.

Its your strawman, you were constantly signaling how he didn't fit your mold of a technical midfielder.
Still covered for alves and was the top scoring midfielder.

JamDav1982

I'm not its just really funny for someone to call a great player like that average and then go on and act like everyone agrees with that assessment . Well since you are fixated on your opinion as being the whole truth why wouldn't I bring up other pundits opinions and show that he won subjective individual awards. They dont agree with you that he was average so you can argue in circles with them.

I'd really like to see you call Rakitic an average player to his face. You must be really cream of the crop in your profession to be so confident in disparaging someone that achieved that much. If you are not maybe rakitic should start questioning whether you ever belonged at your job.

Its your strawman, you were constantly signaling how he didn't fit your mold of a technical midfielder.

Haha you make up some rubbish to then argue against. You have done it in every post.

Don't care if everyone agrees with me or not it is my opinion he is an average player for Barca level and need better.

Not good enough technically to be anything but a player that plugs gaps and that is taking Barca midfield backwards from where it should be in my opinion.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I always thought that his wife was over-rated..... After looking at that stupid movie shot when he was out in Turin for Europa league. She looked plain average and sounded meh!

But man she's hot!

*photos(dont wanna clog the page)

First girl is someone else.

Second is her though. She looks great when she doesn't overdo the makeup.

God Serena

Rakitic has always been lacking in technical skill here, I'm not sure why you're trying so desperately to argue against that. I can't think of even a single game where Rakitic's technical qualities were on a high level, even when we were dominating hapless teams who stood no chance.

Home of Barca Fans