Ivan Rakitić

boixos

Rakitic is the only midfielder on the team who is capable of striking outside the 6-yard box. He is also the only midfielder who can place a lofted through ball over the opponent's defensive line. That, for me, is more valuable than the pointless possession game the likes of Arthur and Busquets exhibit near our centerbacks.
Rakitic is by far one of our best midfielders, when you see the competition he has. Enrique, Valverde, and now Setien have all realized this and have placed him as an undisputed starter for good reason.

gregorrin10

Barça technical staff will meet today to discuss about the following points :

— Incorporation of a new '9'
— Study the offers received for Rakitic and Vidal.

Setien is also expected to participate and provide his opinion on the incoming & outgoing transfers. [MD]

There's actually been an offer for Rakitic? ACCEPT IT! SELL HIM! TAKE IT AND RUN! Time for Puig to be promoted full time in his place. Then do the same in the summer for Vidal, when Alena comes back!

Hopefully Setien recommends that we sell him, I think if he does, the Board won't object. I actually think the only way they don't accept is if Setien says no. Then it's only the matter of convincing the player it's time to f**k off, cause it's either now or in the summer, he can't honestly expect he'll keep his spot and paycheck here beyond this summer and possibly ride out his entire remaining contract. It certainly is the perfect timing to evaluate him though, after last night's horror show I can't imagine Setien would be too keen on keeping him! I just hope 'these offers' are actually real and aren't made up by MD to stirr up shit when they know everyone outside of local fans wants this guy out by this point.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Seems as if he’s intent on riding his contract out. There were offers in the summer, but he resisted and the board aswell were hesitant to force him out. This time around should be different becuz he’s gotten worse and there’s no room for him in Setien’s system.

malvolio

The guy likes living in Spain and his family does too. He ain't stupid to leave when he earns good money here. He'll ride out his contract and maybe move to somewhere else in La Liga for free. Not blaming him for this one bit, as money/contracts and morals don't mix.
We should have done something 2 years ago, now it's too late.

gregorrin10

The guy likes living in Spain and his family does too. He ain't stupid to leave when he earns good money here. He'll ride out his contract and maybe move to somewhere else in La Liga for free. Not blaming him for this one bit, as money/contracts and morals don't mix.
We should have done something 2 years ago, now it's too late.

Then I really hope we have the heart, brain and common sense to actually put him on the stands for the remainder of his contract. If he wants to force his stay, let him sit and watch like a spectator. Valverde not only didn't have the balls, but actually adored the guy and even played him as a starter, hopefully Setien will have the balls to exile the fucker if he doesn't perform to his standards, which it's pretty clear that he WON'T be able to after last night's horror show.

xXKonan

In this style, he doesn't provide anything as a CM anymore.

At DM? Possibly but let us get real here, who would play him at DM ahead of the likes of FDJ and Busi in this style? Dude is far to slow at everything to be anywhere near useful for us anymore.

Raketa10

Yeah unfortunately he is done. The main problem is that he wants to stay in Spain and because of that it's basically impossible to sell. IMHO the only possible solution is to sell him to Sevilla next summer.

JerseyAddict

Yeah unfortunately he is done. The main problem is that he wants to stay in Spain and because of that it's basically impossible to sell. IMHO the only possible solution is to sell him to Sevilla next summer.

I think Sevilla already mentioned they don't have the money to afford him.

Vilarrubi

I doubt this is true but it's still funny. Rakitic + 30m. Bernardeschi is valued at 40m on Transfermarkt... Juve valuing Raki at 10m :lol:

[tw]1219834803454767105[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans