Ivan Rakitić

M

Medz

He gets to play fucking 70 games in a row under Valverde no matter how he performs, of course he wants him to stay

Saladin

[tw]1131306894797053952[/tw]

And once again the luxurious Retirement Resort that is our current club loses out, due to the complacent cozy situation created by a lack of leadership on an institutional level.

Ernie the fraud's seat is secured even before the Copa final. Every player that has been allowed a free pass regardless of competitive output is obviously behind this coach with heart and soul. Rakitic, Alba, Busquets, Suarez and Roberto are all his greatest supporters and advocates. I wonder why.

Shambolic display of leadership from Barto and co.

Umtiti who held the club ransom for the greater part of a season during contract negotiations and who decided to bust his knee to shit in order to play at the World Cup now wants to stay with a vigorous defiance.

The club should be clear about their reconstructional approach; you stay or you don't. This is Barca.

Maxim4

the renewal of Valverde is that he has in his pocket the leaders of locker room thanks to his very good personal relationship with them and the immunity that gives them ground.
that's why they support his renewal, unlike Enrique and Guardiola, who had strong and bold personalities.

Messigician

Iván Rakitic: "I want to win another Champions League with Barça. I have 3 years remaining on my contract and this is where I want to be, where I am happy and my family is happy"

Last edited:
Turning out to be an absolute moron along with Valverde

Not a moron at all, he is just not good enough anymore. But what would you do in the same position? His kids are in school with friends, speak Spanish, he loves the city and so does his wife, he's comfortable at the biggest club in the world earning megabucks. Come on man, most of us would probably try to cling on that as long as possible.

Messigician

Ivan Rakitić is very clear: "I have a contract with Barça and I have never thought of leaving" [md]

Yeah 0 chance he's leaving folks don't get your hopes up

Cule4life

The Culest
Ivan "the heart of Barca" Rakitic ain't going anywhere. Valgreen, BBZ and that Rakitic loverboy Tackle gonna party like no tomorrow

Sorin

I wouldn't mind Rakitic staying if Fraudsquets and Retardo leave

You make it seem like Rakitic ia better than Busquets. :lol:

Ideally they would both leave but if one has to stay, it's Busquets every day of the week and twice on sunday. At least be is a legend, what's Rakitic's excuse?

BarçaBarça

Ideally they would both leave but if one has to stay, it's Busquets every day of the week and twice on sunday. At least be is a legend, what's Rakitic's excuse?

That he has been more important for this team for the last 2 seasons than Busquets. If we had someone like Rodri or De Jong here this season to play DM we would be MILES AND MILES better than with Busquets. Rakitic is a swiss army knife, who fits the midfield-role that no one else does, and that is more useful than a over the hill legend. He has been overplayed because our coaches are Rakitic-maniacs, but that shouldn't be held against him, imo, instead it should point to the fact that he has incredible stamina/physic, which will benefit him even more with rest (maybe the same can be said about Busquets, but he has already been rested more than Rakitic, so I'm not so sure about it).

It's like "should we keep Puyol or Mascherano", I'd go with Mascherano as we did, although Puyol was a Barca legend.

If we get a Manchester United-bid, that is too stupid, then we should sell of course (something like 50M+). We can sell now, because we have youth coming in (De Jong, Alena) and could then buy Rodrigo from Atletico and play De Jong as CM.

Raketa10

Problem is no one at the club has balls to admit that Busi is pure shit these days ONLY because he is homegrown player and a club legend. To be fair Busi for sure isn't more useful than Rakitic at the moment. Truth be told I would like both of them gone but I can't comprehend the fact that people are still defending Busquets when it's obvious his time has passed.

If there is a chance to sell them both and buy Rodrigo I am all in for that! I also can't understand Rakitic, if Barca doesn't want him anymore and he has good offers from Inter or MUN he should go. If he can get the same salary I really can't see any problem. If MUN or Inter are offering less he can't tell Barca board to pay the difference and that's it. There is no point in staying if nobody wants you here anymore.

In the end let's be realistic, who has a better chance of succeeding elsewhere? Rakitic or Busi? IMHO today's version of Busi has no chance to be in a starting lineup in any of top tier clubs while Rakitic surely can.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans