Ivan Rakitić

Sorin

Have you just compared Messi's passing/dribbling to Busquet's diving? :lol:

The argument doesn't seem right - but it has nothing to do with Busi's quality as a player.

What? No, I compared Busquets trying to dribble just outside our penalty box and losing the ball with Rakitic trying to do the same and losing the ball. The argument in defence of Rakitic screwing up seems to be that Busquets does it and loses the ball as well, sometimes. Isn't that whataboutism? Trying to excuse Rakitic's mistakes by showing that another player does it too? When did I say that the argument revolves around Busquets quality?

My point is, Busquets is one of the best DM in history and has more leeway than Rakitic when it comes to risky dribbles, in dangerous areas. Just as Messi has more leeway than Gomes, from critics, if they screw up. Rakitic messed up in that situation, period. Trying to find excuses by bringing Busi into this argument is weak.

Last edited:

Zuti

The arguments here, maan, level below zero. People are now bashing him on a hypothetical fuck up, it doesn't get any more ridiculous. IF the ref dind't call the foul, then MAYBE it COULD HAVE resulted in a POSSIBLE chance for the other team.
Yep, he is obviously shit :rolleyes:

Windhook

Haters gonna hate. A single mistake, overall good performance.

The faith Valverde has in Rakitic is starting to repay big time. He is in top 3 overall appearances this season for Barcelona (played total of 30 matches). One of Valverde's key players for a reason, since we couldn't sign Verratti and had no other option. So, basically he is EV's Xavi in this formation (knowing that everyone considered Verratti to be the next such).

xXKonan

Made the same mistake he did vs Anoeta today vs Espanyol and got bailed out by Cillessen.

He has been good for the last couple of months but the last couple of games something feels arrogant about his playing.

dakt

As I stated many times before, he can't change the game on his own. Dominates only when the whole team is on the level. I still doubt he'll preform in the CL. We'll see.

xXKonan

We actually did concede vs La Real but Rakitic managed to fool the ref into thinking he was fouled to cover up his massive fuck up so the goal was disallowed. Like I said he's had a good couple of months, no need to try and pull crap at the edge of the box.

Busi can do it but even then he can always fuck up as well. Just keep simple and no dumb shit at the edge of the box.

Zincubus

Banned
oops she did it again.

An assist on the Espanyol goal for leaving the goal scorer completely unmarked.

Defensive midfield huh?

He's not aware of mobile enough to play that role for Barca imho

In the right position , right team playing the right style I'd guess he'd be a real good player

henias

He's not aware of mobile enough to play that role for Barca imho

In the right position , right team playing the right style I'd guess he'd be a real good player

Yeah he's a player that needs the team to work everything right at the front because he cannot deal with too much pressure and would prefer to operate in big spaces. Playing him without Iniesta or someone technically gifted is always a risk. He's pretty much an all rounded player, but average in many aspects.

Playing Rakitic,Gomes and Paulinho together will nvr work. While we got Coutinho, we really still need a midfield controller or a true defensive mid like Kante or Matic type of player. Paulinho isnt technical at all, but he has been a physical presence and an extra man in the box.

Home of Barca Fans