Ivan Rakitić

jairzinho

One of them has to be sold. It would be counter productive to go into next season with both as starters.

Another repeat of Rome&Anfield will be the most likeliest scenario with these two in the middle. Or worse a group stage exit.

I would sell Raki and have another player with Busi and Frenkie in midfield.

MTL_Barca

Than selling Rakitic won't help much because Busi playing every match, all minutes, is every bit as much of the lack of intensity and pace problem in our midfield.

Having one old turtle with safe starting spot instead of two old turtles with safe starting spots could easily be seen as improvement.

Arizona Scott

Having one old turtle with safe starting spot instead of two old turtles with safe starting spots could easily be seen as improvement.

Yes but Rakitic can play more forward and De Jong could settle in as DCM, Busi on the other hand has to be stuck in front of our CBs--no way around it that is going to make us slow right in our spine.

MTL_Barca

Yes but Rakitic can play more forward and De Jong could settle in as DCM, Busi on the other hand has to be stuck in front of our CBs--no way around it that is going to make us slow right in our spine.

Well if the coach wasn't Valverde there might be the possibility of Frenkie just naturally taking one of their spots but we all know Frenkies competition will most likely be Vidal/Arthur and not Busi and Raki. Or as Ivan would say it, their spots are occupied :D

I think with Valverde the club has to take away one of his favorites to make a change. If it's between Busi-Raki-X and Busi-X-Y i would always take the latter.

This will also most likely be the last chance for the club to get money for Rakitic so thats probably why there are these rumors of Barca trying to sell him in the first place.

EdmondDantes

I can't, for the life of me, understand how we haven't sold this pussy yet.

Every big game, he's the biggest pussy in town. He literally hides, hand-on-hip, behind the opposition's midfield, doing nothing. Roma, Liverpool, you name it....

This past season he's added being defensively useless to his already technically limited overall game to go with his big mouth. Every every match Messi carried him, there's he and his brother mouthing off to the press begging for a bigger contract, how very convenient.

It's quite clear the board wants him out. Boot this entitled has-never-been and his 'occupied place' away from here. He's stunk the place out for most of the seasons he's been here anyway.

[MENTION=23078]Zidane82[/MENTION] was always right.

Potroh

It's quite clear the board wants him out.

Maybe some board members want him to leave - as in exchange to keep Valverde - but the coach is in love with him, that makes things more complicated.
Never forget that Valverde's typical trusted players in midfield are always mediocre, nothing special workhorses. He wants them, he feels comfortable with them.

Dunno what will happen to the ageing Rakitic but if Valverde stays - god forbid - he will stick with him, unless the sale of some of his favourites were part of the deal...

Zidane82

he's a cancer for barcas midfield. and yet, it's the damn coach favorite. it's disheartening.

Just think if we awoke one morning ( soon, very soon) and Valverde has resigned !!

Then a new manager comes in and ships out Rakitic, L Suarez and all the deadwood .... and moves Roberto onto the coaching staff..

I can dream ..

Zidane82

Maybe some board members want him to leave - as in exchange to keep Valverde - but the coach is in love with him, that makes things more complicated.
Never forget that Valverde's typical trusted players in midfield are always mediocre, nothing special workhorses. He wants them, he feels comfortable with them.

Dunno what will happen to the ageing Rakitic but if Valverde stays - god forbid - he will stick with him, unless the sale of some of his favourites were part of the deal...

Chelsea have just ‘lost’ their inept manager .. fans are celebrating..

I’m so envious

Raketa10

I agree with you but problem is Busi is nontransferable and no one is even talking about that possibility so we'll either sell Raki or keep both. I and honestly don't want both of them starting next season.

Zidane82

You mean that inept manager who was barcaforum favourite just a year ago? :)

Don’t recall that at all tbh ..

He gets results but style of play is on a par with our disaster of a coach

Haven’t heard one pundit or expert who agreed with the idea of playing Kante out of position ...and that record of him making the same substitution 22 times ( same two players involved)

Messi983

Don’t recall that at all tbh ..

He gets results but style of play is on a par with our disaster of a coach

Haven’t heard one pundit or expert who agreed with the idea of playing Kante out of position ...and that record of him making the same substitution 22 times ( same two players involved)

Well, people wanted him because of his the way his teams are playing. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans