Ivan Rakitić

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I doubt Puyol or Xavi would have let Neymar run away with his shit last summer.

This team really lack a leader that will stand up against bullshit. I thought Pique might develop into a leader like them, but he's happy being the class clown so what can you do. Se Queda folks.

JamDav1982

This team really lack a leader that will stand up against bullshit.

Mascherano was as big a leader as those two and was there last summer.

Xavi and Puyol would have done what the players did and tried to persuade him to stay.

Raketa10

This team really lack a leader that will stand up against bullshit. I thought Pique might develop into a leader like them, but he's happy being the class clown so what can you do. Se Queda folks.

Xavi was never as good capita as Puyol was. Not even close.

PhilS

Nick, I agree, Rak is a key player for this team. I thought he improved last season with the shift to the 4-4-2 formation. Unlike Busquets, Rak can perform the DM role while also doing some superb work going all the ways forward. He and Busquets complement each other well. Rakitic has been one of the best additions of the last few years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nick, I agree, Rak is a key player for this team. I thought he improved last season with the shift to the 4-4-2 formation. Unlike Busquets, Rak can perform the DM role while also doing some superb work going all the ways forward. He and Busquets complement each other well. Rakitic has been one of the best additions of the last few years.

Rakitic is only good as a starter in the 4-4-2 formation and that doesn't seem sustainable for much longer. The second we move back to a 4-3-3 or a variant of 4-3-3, he's going to get exposed again.

Xavi was never as good capita as Puyol was. Not even close.

I wasn't comparing them.

Joan

Have to be honest, our 4-4-2 is one of the weirdest I can think of. You have Raki and Busi as pivots, none of whom is fast nor particularly physical. To make it worse, there's Pique behind them who's also slow. What they do is they feel the game. It's amazing when you think about it. That said, our midfield could use some lungs, stamina and running.

Joan

One for his fans:

Df2FzBKWkAAnLbC

Home of Barca Fans