Ivan Rakitić

Tackle

There always needs to be something to piss and moan about. Winning 3-0 with Valverde playing the forum favourite Busi-Frenkie-Arthur midfield is not enough. Rakitic played 10 minutes? How dare he! #ValverdeOut

Absolutely no point.
Just Dumbverde doing what he does best: dumb things.
It’s criminal to play Vidal and Rakitic when there’s 15 minutes left, the game is won already and you have young gems on the bench like Alena and Puig.

But if you wait a little bit, BBZ and his crew will potentially come here and "justify" it.

:lol::lol::lol:

The bloke thinks Alena and Puig are "gems."

No more needs to be said, nor does anything need to be justified. That statement says it all really.

This is also the first time I've heard Puig's name in a while. He was the face of La Masia during the summer, but after Fati's breakout nobody seems to give too much of a feck anymore. It just reinforces the idea that fans need one great La Masia hope to carry all their deluded hopes and dreams of a glorious home grown future. Talent level and context be damned, the current best prospect always deserves game time with the the first team no matter what.

This current fan base could not distinguish the difference between a young Xavi and young Samper. To them they both would have deserved the same involvement in the first team and would laughably be lumped together in the same grouping. Merit does not exist, the next hottest thing from La Masia is always a future star in their minds.

serghei

Why do you piss on Puig? The kid is obviously super talented. No reason to make fun of a bright La Masia prospect like that.

Rakitic should shut the fuck up and work hard while accepting that his time as a starter has long gone. If he can' do that, then his minutes are wasted and should go to somebody else. Yes, including Alena and Puig, why not?

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why do you piss on Puig? The kid is obviously super talented. No reason to make fun of a bright La Masia prospect like that.

Rakitic should shut the fuck up and work hard while accepting that his time as a starter for him has long gone. If he can't his minutes are wasted and should go to somewhere else. Yes, including Alena and Puig why not?

Remember when the guy wrote a long post trashing the entire forum for being so toxic about our players? At this point I don't get why people don't ignore an obvious troll when they see it and move on.

soul24rage

I would rather give minutes to players who could play a part for the club for the present/future rather than to players who the club is looking to sell.

serghei

I would rather give minutes to players who could play a part for the club rather than to players who we are looking to sell.

Me too. I'd give Rakitic minutes if I see an attitude like Arturo Vidal's. Vidal is clearly putting a huge shift for the club. I'd rather reward that and potential. Rakitic doesn't have that drive anymore, and he sure as hell doesn't have the potential of some of our young talents. Only thing he does is bitching he lost his status. He probably thought about himself as if he is Messi or Suarez. :lol:

So, either I see monster output when he plays, or move him on like we did with Gomes.

Tackle

Rakitic should shut the fuck up and work hard while accepting that his time as a starter has long gone. If he can' do that, then his minutes are wasted and should go to somebody else. Yes, including Alena and Puig, why not?

I agree that Puig is quite a talented player. Fati is a cut above everyone else for me, while Todibo and Puig are the other two talents I can see maybe carving out a role in the first team in the future if things go right for them. I wouldn't consider Puig a "gem" by any strech of the imagination, but for me he is a couple levels above Alena who is a lost cause to me. I have already seen everything I needed to see from Carles to make the determination he is not capable of being a first team player for F.C. Barcelona in any capacity.

Rakitic is coming off 5 seasons of being the first name on the team sheet every match day. Throwing him 10 minutes this match and some garbage minutes here and there until he leaves is fine by me and one of the last things I would be complaining about.

Puig got plenty of action at the end of last season after we had sealed the league title. He will get Copa Del Rey minutes and chances in dead rubber matches as it is likely we will eventually run away with La Liga yet again. He is 20 now and needs to show more and take those when he inevitably gets them. Pissing and moaning about not seeing Puig for 10 minutes this early in the season is nitpicking taken to the extreme and is only being talked about because Valverde is still the manager.

Tackle

Remember when the guy wrote a long post trashing the entire forum for being so toxic about our players? At this point I don't get why people don't ignore an obvious troll when they see it and move on.

Toxic because I don't wet the bed about Rakitic getting 10 minutes in a decided match. I guess I am also toxic for simply not considering Puig a gem. Love to see it. That's a low bar of toxicity if I've ever seen one. I also take this piss out of and am brutally honest about objectively one of the biggest flops in football history - Dembele. Sometimes feelings have to be hurt.

If you had the reading comprehension above that of a poorly developed grade school child you would know I have never said Puig is a terrible prospect or that he needs to leave the club. In fact I rate him as a decent prospect, just not highly as others do. Alena? I don't think he is talented enough. That is my opinion.

Read my reply to Serghei for more information on those topics.

No need to be bitter from past exchanges. I truly am sorry for any trauma I may have caused you by exposing your bollocks on other matters. Deeply regret it mate.

JohnN

There is nothing to be gained playing him for 10 minutes in a match like this. Put him as a starter or at half time to rest others if you consider him good enough. A younger player should be getting those 10 minutes. What EV is doing, is not good for rakitic or the club.

xXKonan

At this point in time, I think Valverde has made up his mind.

Arthur-FDJ are the main two starters of the Midfield while Busi and Vidal will share the third Midfield spot while Rakitic every now and then gets the scraps. I mean if the Midfield is performing better without Rakitic there, so why change it?

Sure Busi himself is on a steep decline as well, but it seems Valverde is sticking by him instead along with Vidal who has shown in the past couple of games he can indeed be still very useful as well. There's a competition for that final spot and Rakitic is well below both Busi and Vidal at this point in time and I cannot see that changing.

If Busi is as dreadful as he has shown vs Inter, Valverde will just sub him off and park FDJ as a pivot and put Vidal on.

Home of Barca Fans