Ivan Rakitić

SeloBarca

I can name quite many

Lets hope the Arsenal rumors are right, but probably not. He will weasel himself out of that one aswell.

Dado

The French revealed the details of the conversation between Rakitic and the Arsenal coach: "I'm sorry, but ..."

IVAN RAKITIĆ could leave Barcelona this summer because his role in the club is diminishing, and Barcelona needs money to bring players in this transitional period.

Rakitic's wish is to return to Sevilla, but that club does not want to pay Barcelona compensation, even a miserable one of 10 million euros. While waiting for the outcome of the negotiations between Seville and Barcelona, ​​Rakitic receives other offers. Thus, the French Le10Sport announced that Rakitic is wanted by Arsenal and that the 32-year-old Croatian midfielder even talked to Arsenal coach Mikel Artet.

"Arteta gave two promises to Rakitic - first that he will be the master of the midfield of the London club and second that he will be one of the leaders of the club and the first in the club hierarchy behind captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang," writes Le10Sport.

However, Rakitic rejected the possibility of going to London.

"I'm sorry, but I don't see myself in the English league. I want to stay in Spain," said Rakitic, who has said several times before that he feels best in Spain, where he has been since 2011 and where he met today's wife.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Of course he doesn't want to leave Spain. His wife almost jeopardized his transfer to Barca since she was hell bent on staying in Sevilla.

Catta

Of course he doesn't want to leave Spain. His wife almost jeopardized his transfer to Barca since she was hell bent on staying in Sevilla.

It's a shame he didn't listen to her then, maybe we would have gotten Kroos that summer.

El Guaje

mc_lovin

Force him. They can threaten him with 0 game time so either he agrees to move to Arsenal, he gets to be an important player with regular game time, he gets another fat pay check or he rots on the bench in Barcelona.

Also we could use him to get Aubameyang. 20-30m + Rakitic for Aubameyang would be a very, very good deal.

Its always a bad idea to escalate stuff. And wouldnt set a good precedent - Rakitic has been professional as well.

El Guaje

Its always a bad idea to escalate stuff. And wouldnt set a good precedent - Rakitic has been professional as well.

Meh we’ve frozen unwanted players out before, as have other clubs as well.
Also our reputation is already bad as it is. We’ve fallen out with like every club we’ve done business with since a few years back, Rosell ending up in prison bcuz of some shady stuff, barcagate or w/e its called etc etc.

George_Costanza

Screen-Shot-2020-08-04-at-1-25-35-AM.png

Raketa10

Monchi knows he wants to go only to Sevilla, consequently they won't pay anything for him. They will probably try to loan him for one year by paying half of this salary. As a result they will sign him for free next summer. His wife made impossible for Barca to sell him. :facepalm:

Home of Barca Fans