Ivan Rakitić

Zidane82

Modric is a million classes above, and a genuine Barcelona midfielder, unlike Rakitic.

I've seen people here rating Rakitic over Modric out of sheer dishonesty - and bias - over the years and it's about time we say it's always been nonsense.
I seem to recall a game where Rakitic was kicking and generally bullying our midfield players and about 3 months later we signed him !!!

tacticvarium

It's almost impossible to make a video like that of Xavi or Iniesta but Messi occasionally loses the possession and makes mistakes so it's pretty doable.

Potroh

You guys shit on Raki, yet in a next season, we will have one decent midfielder: Frenkie.
Let's hope that he won't fail.

He WILL fail because he is coming from an inferior Dutch league. (According to YOU).
Or perhaps he will not fail because his team (Ajax) is good and he is good as an individual player???

Do you get the the Achilles-heel of your own logic now???

Raki is done.
Busi is done.
Vidal is almost done.
Arthur is the most overrated footballer of a decade on this forum.

At least we agree on this assessment now. But please think and think harder....
When folks were still praising both Rakitic and Busi here, almost two yrs ago, I have told you 43567 times that Barca's main problem is the midfield.
No attacking-minded midfielder is there, someone like prime-Iniesta used to be. That's the main catch.
Nobody really took seriously my humble words on that.

Now you rightly say that this midfield is "done".
Surely it is much worse than 2 years ago, almost done but Arthur is not the problem there. He is overrated (?) but capable to perform the simple task to keep the ball and even more importantly he can TURN very rapidly, so he is a good scope to pass to either direction. But that's all he knows...

The future is not bright.

Future is anything but bright, unless a new coach stirs up the entire team, and brings or invents a structure that seems to be non-existent now.

Raketa10

Come on guys I know we are all sad and angry but let's think this trough. Of course we should get rid of old deadweight but it's not like we have a crap of a team.

Mats - probably the best GK in the world or top 3
Alba - still one of the best LB's when coached properly
Lenglet, Umtiti and I sincerely hope De Ligt would be fantastic CB setup and all of them are young
De Jong and Arthur are probably biggest CM talents out there
Dembele one of the biggest talents in the world. We all saw this year what he can do when healthy.
Add Messi to that and probably Griezmann...

My point is we have a far amount of great young guys but they need a proper manager to develop and excel so the future could be much brighter if we sack Valverde!

YodaMaster

Arthur will be 23 in 2 Months.

Blablabla

Arthur is 23.

Well obviously I was refering to when he first came here in summer, genius. He was 21. Are you gonna ignore the whole message and focus on a futile detail, AGAIN ?

It's such a blessing for you that Arthur had an injury and has dropped form since. Now you can hate on him.
Arthur still had a better season than your beloved countryman dude. And Arthur at his top (eg: before injury) is Xavi compared to post 2015 Rakishit.
But you were crying and yelling "y'all want Xavi and Iniesta, we'll never have players like them again". Well yes, we'll never have players like them, but this season proved that we aren't asking for Xavi&Iniesta level players, we're happy with a guy like Arthur, who's already good and who we hope will progress. He doesn't defend enough ? In some of the biggest games this season that he started, he had a better defensive contribution than your imaginary workhorse Rakitic. Defense isn't Arthur biggest strength, but he brings something unique in other aspects. What does Rakitic do well ? Please you tell me !

[tw]1132006312525684737[/tw]

Beautiful stats, you love them. So address these numbers please, you genius.

Yeah he should be sold but to be fair we can make video like this of all ours players except Messi.

Lol come on dude, no you can't do that kind of video with all our players.
This is a 10 minutes video of Rakitic shitting his pants when he faces pressure and tight spaces. I've been saying forever that he's the biggest fraud in those situations, and now this video shows what I've been saying and what Raki fanboys like you pretended to not see. The author of that video wrote that there's a second part coming. Which will make it a 20 minutes compilation of Rakitic shitting the bed IN THE 18/19 SEASON ONLY !!! You can't do that with other Barca midfielders, or any real elite midfielder (because according to y'all Rakitic is elite LOL). Stop your lies. Or otherwise, prove your point for once and make such a video ! Right now you're talking without saying anything, like you always do. It's a common trait among all the fans of this shit player. Another common trait among Raki fanboys: whenever their hero gets criticized they use the formula "bUt lOok at BuSqUets ! (or another player)". Pathetic.

This video shows what happens 80% of the time when Rakitic gets pressured. The other 20% of the time, he throws himself to the ground and pretends to be hurt so that the ref gives a foul and saves his ass from fighting pressure.

This video illustrates what me and some others kept on repeating for months and years. And guys like you responded to guys like me "you're a hater, a plastic fan" or "Rakitic once had a good game against Espanyol/Sevilla/Madrid" ignoring his other 30 disastrous games, as well as all the CL knockouts since 2016 where he's been the biggest pussy on the pitch.

I also remember you attacking me when I wrote months ago that Coutinho should be sold in the summer. Lol it's funny how a same group of people (including you, BBZ and Scott) defend the same mediocre players (Rakitic and Coutinho). You're just not very good at analyzing and detecting frauds in football, it's ok these things happen. It kills no men. Just admit it.

pro-Croat bias ?

Well y'all can blame me for it, but yes.
I noticed that most of the people defending Rakitic here are Croats. Some other countrymen don't defend him, but you'll never see them criticize him neither, even when he's playing like the biggest fraud of the history. They'll ignore this topic and go on other topics to wreck other players (who deserve less critics than Rakitic).

Two of Ivan's biggest defenders on Barcaforum are Croats. Coincidence ? Not 100% sure, to say the least...

So, would you allow me to have some doubts please Scott ?

Last edited:

Kul_z

Well obviously I was refering to when he first came here in summer, genius. He was 21. Are you gonna ignore the whole message and focus on a futile detail, AGAIN ?

It's such a blessing for you that Arthur had an injury and has dropped form since. Now you can hate on him.
Arthur still had a better season than your beloved countryman dude. And Arthur at his top (eg: before injury) is Xavi compared to post 2015 Rakishit.
But you were crying and yelling "y'all want Xavi and Iniesta, we'll never have players like them again". Well yes, we'll never have players like them, but this season proved that we aren't asking for Xavi&Iniesta level players, we're happy with a guy like Arthur, who's already good and who we hope will progress. He doesn't defend enough ? In some of the biggest games this season that he started, he had a better defensive contribution than your imaginary workhorse Rakitic. Defense isn't Arthur biggest strength, but he brings something unique in other aspects. What does Rakitic do well ? Please you tell me !

[tw]1132006312525684737[/tw]

Beautiful stats, you love them. So address these numbers please, you genius.

Lol come on dude, no you can't do that kind of video with all our players.
This is a 10 minutes video of Rakitic shitting his pants when he faces pressure and tight spaces. I've been saying forever that he's the biggest fraud in those situations, and now this video shows what I've been saying and what Raki fanboys like you pretended to not see. The author of that video wrote that there's a second part coming. Which will make it a 20 minutes compilation of Rakitic shitting the bed IN THE 18/19 SEASON ONLY !!! You can't do that with other Barca midfielders, or any real elite midfielder (because according to y'all Rakitic is elite LOL). Stop your lies. Or otherwise, prove your point for once and make such a video ! Right now you're talking without saying anything, like you always do. It's a common trait among all the fans of this shit player. Another common trait among Raki fanboys: whenever their hero gets criticized they use the formula "bUt lOok at BuSqUets ! (or another player)". Pathetic.

This video shows what happens 80% of the time when Rakitic gets pressured. The other 20% of the time, he throws himself to the ground and pretends to be hurt so that the ref gives a foul and saves his ass from fighting pressure.

This video illustrates what me and some others kept on repeating for months and years. And guys like you responded to guys like me "you're a hater, a plastic fan" or "Rakitic once had a good game against Espanyol/Sevilla/Madrid" ignoring his other 30 disastrous games, as well as all the CL knockouts since 2016 where he's been the biggest pussy on the pitch.

I also remember you attacking me when I wrote months ago that Coutinho should be sold in the summer. Lol it's funny how a same group of people (including you, BBZ and Scott) defend the same mediocre players (Rakitic and Coutinho). You're just not very good at analyzing and detecting frauds in football, it's ok these things happen. It kills no men. Just admit it.

Well y'all can blame me for it, but yes.
I noticed that most of the people defending Rakitic here are Croats. Some other countrymen don't defend him, but you'll never see them criticize him neither, even when he's playing like the biggest fraud of the history. They'll ignore this topic and go on other topics to wreck other players (who deserve less critics than Rakitic).

Two of Ivan's biggest defenders on Barcaforum are Croats. Coincidence ? Not 100% sure, to say the least...

So, would you allow me to have some doubts please Scott ?

Im croat, and i say fuck him. Im not defending him, and from the beginning i knew that he should be a bench/rotational player since he came here. The amount of fuck ups he did from the start of the season are unbelievable for a mf player in barca, and our genius retardo used him as our best man in the park. Right now, i just dont give a fuck, just sell him, even for 20m, but im afraid that nobody would offer that amount neither

YodaMaster

Im croat, and i say fuck him. Im not defending him, and from the beginning i knew that he should be a bench/rotational player since he came here. The amount of fuck ups he did from the start of the season are unbelievable for a mf player in barca, and our genius retardo used him as our best man in the park. Right now, i just dont give a fuck, just sell him, even for 20m, but im afraid that nobody would offer that amount neither

Well mate, you seem to be more like an exception than the rule. Even if now, Ivan's footballing mediocrity became indefensible even for his own mother.
But I always respect objective people when I see some, so fair play to you.

Raketa10

Well mate, you seem to be more like an exception than the rule. Even if now, Ivan's footballing mediocrity became indefensible even for his own mother.
But I always respect objective people when I see some, so fair play to you.

Nah it doesn't have anything with the fact that some of us are Croats. I am also a Croat and I try to stay realistic. I also told last summer he should be sold because I knew what would happen if he stayed. I don't hate him, I also think that he is not our only or main problem, he is a really good guy and he was a good soldier for this club but it's time for him to go. I can't understand his desire to continue here when it's obvious no one wants him anymore. He for sure has nice offers and he should take one of them and leave.

The worst of all was when he said: "De Jong isn't coming to play in my position because that position is taken". You should NEVER say something like that in public even if you mean it because that's disrespectful and stupid thing to say.

Never ... just watch the old Busqs next season when he’s playing with a decent midfielder in FDJ

I will be the first one to admit that I was wrong if that happens but I am willing to bet you he will be shit next season. The sooner we all accept the fact that his time has passed the better because we can than move on.

Last edited:

Zidane82

RakiStats as shown above .. dismal .

We need Valverde gone and quick followed immediately by Rakitic ..

Couple of RakiStats ..

In La Liga, Rakitic averages 0.9 tackles per game, which is 193rd in the league.

He wins 1.1 aerial duels a game, which is 154th in the league.

He also averages 1.5 interceptions a game, which is 35th in the league.

Arizona Scott

RakiStats as shown above .. dismal .

We need Valverde gone and quick followed immediately by Rakitic ..

Couple of RakiStats ..

In La Liga, Rakitic averages 0.9 tackles per game, which is 193rd in the league.

He wins 1.1 aerial duels a game, which is 154th in the league.

He also averages 1.5 interceptions a game, which is 35th in the league.

Look at goals and assists among midfielders this year, or previous years. Look at clearances. Adjust for minutes played if you want. He has been the best we have had AMONG our midfield options. Even better, look at sofascore or whoscored that combine all relevant statistics into single metrics, adjusted for playing time, again, you will see him #1 or #2 among Barca midfielders.

Yes we need to be much better in our midfield, but the issue is way beyond Rakitic. Where I take contention with Zidane (fair enough for him to have more faith in him than I do and to his credit he doesn't through around as much as insults and sweeping generalizations and sophomoric hyperbole at posters as many others on this board do) is I think Busi is every bit as much of a problem to our team and you see it at Spain for a number of years too IMO. In De Jong and Arthur we have a start to the makeover. Sergi is OK as 5th or 6th option for depth. Everyone is a huge questionmark and should be considered for selling for a decent price to value (though for young players like Alena and Puig, have a reasonable buy back clause or loan them, essentially keep their rights in case they become Barca quality).

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Since we are talking about Rakitic vs Arthur.
So... Rakitic's numbers are bad, as you and a guy from that twitter post said.

So:
Tackles:
Rakitic 0,9 per game
Arthur 0,6 per game

Interceptions:
Rakitic 1,5
Arthur 0,3 :lol:

Arials (clearances from Whoscored):
Rakitic 0,8
Arthur 0,3

So, basically:
Rakitic is shit, as you all agree.
Yet, Arthur is even more shit than him: in goals, shots on goals, assists, all types of defending, aerial duels.
The only skill which Arthur is offering is: press resistance when an opponent is pressing us.

Since nobody is pressing us at Camp Nou, I have no idea what will Arthur do in majority of matches.
You guys wonder why Arthur was subbed at 0:2?
Lol, what can he offer when we are losing? Nothing.

I'll repeat again:
Raki is bad and past it.
Busi is bad and past it.
Vidal is slightly better but past it.
Arthur is weaker than all of them EXCEPT in press resistance.

Raki, Busi and Vidal will be gone.
But imo, Arthur will most likely slowly turn into a 4th pick midfielder under any coach.
Unless if he suddenly improves his forward game.
But basics of psychology and a human nature say that something like that is highly unlikely.

Home of Barca Fans