Ivan Rakitić

FCBfan22

Rakitić interview:
Ivan Rakitić: "It is not easy to play here, they defended well. We have to be happy with the result. I expect a different game at the Camp Nou."
"We have to learn from the errors, but the reaction of the team has been very good and we have shown that we are well."

Translation:
Ivan Rakitić: "It is not easy to play here, they defended well. We have to be happy with the result. I expect a different player next to me at the Camp Nou, so I don't need to commit so many fouls to stop counters."
"Valverde to learn from the errors, but the reaction of the team, apart from Paulinho, has been very good and we have shown that we are well."

El Barcelona

Rakitić interview:
Ivan Rakitić: "It is not easy to play here, they defended well. We have to be happy with the result. I expect a different game at the Camp Nou."
"We have to learn from the errors, but the reaction of the team has been very good and we have shown that we are well."

Translation:
Ivan Rakitić: "It is not easy to play here, they defended well. We have to be happy with the result. I expect a different player next to me at the Camp Nou, so I don't need to commit so many fouls to stop counters."
"Valverde to learn from the errors, but the reaction of the team, apart from Paulinho, has been very good and we have shown that we are well."
Haha. At this point, the best thing what EV can do is swap Paulinho wit Roberto and put Semedo at RB.

BusiTheKing

He's just a true jack of all trades. Can be a fine passer, but needs the space to do it. He can sorta shoot, but never gets it in the right positions. He works admirably in defense, but is always either too slow or too weak to be a real defensive asset. He has technique to look comfortable on the ball, but isn't quick enough on his feet to turn with the ball or dribble into space, so he's never really anything worth as a playmaker.

No matter how much he raises his form, he will ever only be a good player in a team that plays perfectly together or against lesser sides. If neither one of those conditions are met, he's as average as they come. Not terrible necessarily, just average.

Zincubus

Banned
He's just a true jack of all trades. Can be a fine passer, but needs the space to do it. He can sorta shoot, but never gets it in the right positions. He works admirably in defense, but is always either too slow or too weak to be a real defensive asset. He has technique to look comfortable on the ball, but isn't quick enough on his feet to turn with the ball or dribble into space, so he's never really anything worth as a playmaker.

No matter how much he raises his form, he will ever only be a good player in a team that plays perfectly together or against lesser sides. If neither one of those conditions are met, he's as average as they come. Not terrible necessarily, just average.

Perfect summary

BusiTheKing

He wasn't the problem, but wasn't his best game either

No one player is the problem, but Rakitic was a part of a midfield that didn't facilitate proper attacking football. As far as I'm concerned, our odds would have been better if we had just played with two strong and fast defensive workhorses (ala Kante) instead of Rakitic and Paulinho, because then we might at least have been able to stop the opponent from getting chances.

Paulinho should never play with him. Ends up with both of them all over the place.

He at least actually provides the defensive stability Paulinho and Gomes supposedly do.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

I hope some people cooled down from yesterdayand rewatched the match or at least highlights. Rakitić was clearly instructed to play defense. He was all over the place filling cracks left out by EV tactic of "floating" midfielder Paulinho. I don't blame either Paulinho or Rakitić. They played what they were told. Best they can. Are they good enough? Ask the sporting manager and whoever bought them.

Rakitić did what he was told and did it in an OK manner. He was not gamechanger, but now people have gone from "he is shit" to " he is shit cause he didn't dribble past 10 man block and scored". WTF you people want? Sometimes I see some folks that say he is shit and garbage that he didn't perform masterclass offensive play vs heavy defense block from a fucking EPL CHAMPIONS that have put all in on this two games.

You people should really see why Rakitić is loved form all of recent Barça coaches. Cause he is doing EXACTLY what he was told.

If you want Verratti then go and buy Verratti. Until then stick with Raki cause you've got Paulinho, Gomes, Vidal, Denis, and likes.
I prefer Raki over them. That is the current state of things and should be accepted as it is. After summer and WC pray for some better midfielder and go with it.

Last edited:

Raketa10

I hope some people cooled down from yesterdayand rewatched the match or at least highlights. Rakitić was clearly instructed to play defense. He was all over the place filling cracks left out by EV tactic of "floating" midfielder Paulinho. I don't blame either Paulinho or Rakitić. They played what they were told. Best they can. Are they good enough? Ask the sporting manager and whoever bought them.

Rakitić did what he was told and did it in an OK manner. He was not gamechanger, but now people have gone from "he is shit" to " he is shit cause he didn't dribble past 10 man block and scored". WTF you people want? Sometimes I see some folks that say he is shit and garbage that he didn't perform masterclass offensive play vs heavy defense block from a fucking EPL CHAMPIONS that have put all in on this two games.

You people should really see why Rakitić is loved form all of recent Barça coaches. Cause he is doing EXACTLY what he was told.

If you want Verratti then go and buy Verratti. Until then stick with Raki cause you've got Paulinho, Gomes, Vidal, Denis, and likes.
I prefer Raki over them. That is the current state of things and should be accepted as it is. After summer and WC pray for some better midfielder and go with it.

This! I absolutely agree! He is not Xavi and he will never be on his level but in our current roster apart from Busi and Iniesta he is the best midfielder we have. We would all be more than happy if Alena and Arthur turn out to be world class midfielders and bench him but until than Rakitic is our best solution for that midfield spot. As JerseyAddict said there is a reason why all managers (Emery, Lucho, Valverde) love him.

I would also like to mention Verratti. As things stand right now he is one of the most overrated players out there. I can't remember ONE important game where he was decisive so until he does something significant in his career I am out of this Verratti hype!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans