Ivan Rakitić

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Played well this season, but give me Kroos or Modric over him any day. Ridiculous how people started claiming he's better than them, he's simply not.

Devils

My problem with modern day Barca trickles down to players like Rakitic. I acknowledge that he has played well for the majority of the season but at the end of the day, a player like Rakitic should never feel too comfortable at Barca.

He's at best a solid player, he's not world class or special. There are many players in the world who perform at his level or better, yet for some reason our midfield is built around him and our manager insists on playing him every game.

If Madrid feel as if players like Ozil, Di Maria or Khedira were dispensable for them and they could upgrade to better, then Barca should be doing the same with Rakitic. But instead of looking for better or trying to become less reliant on a player who is just solid, it seems our managers rely more and more on this guy as the years go by.

This is a fundamentally flawed for a club like Barca. We've become too content and comfortable with what we have rather than aiming for better which we can easily do in most cases now.

El Barcelona

My problem with modern day Barca trickles down to players like Rakitic. I acknowledge that he has played well for the majority of the season but at the end of the day, a player like Rakitic should never feel too comfortable at Barca.

He's at best a solid player, he's not world class or special. There are many players in the world who perform at his level or better, yet for some reason our midfield is built around him and our manager insists on playing him every game.

If Madrid feel as if players like Ozil, Di Maria or Khedira were dispensable for them and they could upgrade to better, then Barca should be doing the same with Rakitic. But instead of looking for better or trying to become less reliant on a player who is just solid, it seems our managers rely more and more on this guy as the years go by.

This is a fundamentally flawed for a club like Barca. We've become too content and comfortable with what we have rather than aiming for better which we can easily do in most cases now.
Good post, totally agree.

Neymessi

Have you ever heard or can you recall an incident where rakitic created a really good chance or gave a reall good through ball or something? He is a midfielder who is not a cdm and all we praise him about his his defensive work rate. He can't create or attack for shit or even control the midfield. And he is still our best mid this season which just shows how bad we are at mid.

And people are happy with raki. He isn't barca level, never was. He can defend and cover up his flaws and do the dirty work but defense is not what we need from an attacking midfielder.

Cule4life

The Culest
no but i've heard he got injured by shoving his finger into valverde's ass and then lifting him up like a ventriloquist lifts a pupet.

200.gif

xXKonan

Rakitic has been mostly good this season despite a rough start but he has clear limitations though and the system seems to benefit him much more than the likes of Busi.

I think along with Iniesta and Suarez he's one of those guys that can be eventually replaced with CM who can offer more than Rakitic in terms of passing,Build up, Control in tight spaces and creativity. Rakitic does the job well for his skill set but eventually or even next season we have to be looking for another CM who can offer more than he can.

Truthist

He's too slow, we seriously need some physical and athletic players that can protect our defence. Him and Busi is a disaster when we are pressed. We should have gone in for Nzonzi at the beginning of the season but allowed the Chinese to scam us into buying Paulinho.

Home of Barca Fans