Ivan Rakitić

khaled_a_d

Problem is, it's one thing saying it, because it's logical and we all know and hope that how it should be. BUT we have the absolute worst manager possible for such a transition.

But is he?
Lenglet was getting minutes even before Umtiti's injury, Arthur gradually got his starting spot, same for Dembele but he was slowed down by consistent injuries, Semedo got more than enough minutes last season and was getting starting spot when Roberto was out of form.
If you ignore personal preference's, EV has been fair in giving players their minutes. Everyone but Arda got a fair chance to prove himself.
Only player he might not been fair to him was Malcom, a player that he didn't need and was forced on him by Abidal, yet he was getting his minutes lately. That won't be the case with FDJ.
Never mind, that you again talking from the perspective that FDJ is better as CM, not DM. Which I really don't agree with.
I wonder if he is really seen as DM, would people want to cash on Busquets now so that FDJ will get his minutes?

clemente

Only player he might not been fair to him was Malcom, a player that he didn't need and was forced on him by Abidal, yet he was getting his minutes lately.

Might not been fair?
He didn't need a fast winger?
FORCED? How can you force anything? He is a manager and he has to work with what he has.

JerseyAddict

I'm actually fine with Rakitic staying as long as he accepts a good portion of his minutes to go Frenkie's way. Also, if he stays Valverde needs to cut the bullshit with playing him almost every game.

Finally a reasonable post about this topic. He needs to accept that the playing time will be cut and no fuss about it.

Arizona Scott

Might not been fair?
He didn't need a fast winger?
FORCED? How can you force anything? He is a manager and he has to work with what he has.

So far this season it is hard to argue EV hasn't manage the players and minutes well. Commanding lead in league, in copa final, in quarters of the CL. More or less perfect results.

Malcom is playing better and better, and getting into the rotation.

BTW has anyone looked at body language lately. From the vets to young players they look happy, and like a team.

Now I have my ticky tacky issues with EV. However results show barca could hardly be in a better position. If anything is a gripe about EV's season it could be maybe he overused Arthur and Dembele (two very young players) as they picked up fatigue related injuries.

YodaMaster

The ultimate fraud in CL knockouts. Never saw a weaker long term CM starter in Barca shirt in my life.

Bla-bla-bla "professional coach choice" bla-bla-bla "statistics".
This same professional coach had his ass whopped by the almighty AS Roma in one of Barca's biggest humiliation ever. That same coach preferred Gomes over Dembele in that same game. That same coach will start Roberto over Semedo despite last weeks performances. Give me a break with that would you ?

On top of that, you're talking about last year achievements lol. Last year our midfielders were Busquets, Rakitic, Paulinho, Iniesta, Gomes and Denis. Nobody will complain about Rakitic being a starter with such competition. He was better than Paulinho, Gomes and Denis and games showed that. This year, Arthur and Vidal are better than him, and games show this.

The most important thing that stats have ever shown in the last 3 years is that we got our ass kicked in the CL as soon as we faced decent opposition. And our midfield got completely dominated with prime Rakitic being the biggest fraud in it.

T = Tackles. I = Interceptions. KP = key passes.

Atletico 2-0 Barca 2016. Barca's midfield: Busquets Rakitic Iniesta.

Busquets. T:4. I:2. KP:0.
Iniesta. T:3. I:2. KP:3.
Rakitic. T:0. I:2. KP:0.

Rakitic attempted 0 tackles in that game while Messi the ultimate lazy boy had 2 successive tackles.

Juventus 3-0 Barca 2017. Starting midfield : Mascherano Rakitic Iniesta.

Mascherano. T:3. I:1. KP:2.
Iniesta. T:2. I:2. KP:0.
Rakitic. T:0. I:1. KP:0.

Rakitic attempted 0 tackles while Messi and Suarez had 2.

Roma 3-0 Barca 2018. 442 with 2 DMs: Rakitc Busquets.

Busquets. T:1. I:0. KP:1.
Rakitic. T:1. I:1. KP: 0.

Rakitic stats per game in Barça's most difficult and most important games in the last 3 seasons.

Tackles: 0.3
Interceptions: 1.3
Blocks: 0.
Key Passes: 0.

Wow what a great workhorse and contributor when things get complicated in high intensity matches !
But hey, he makes tackles and interceptions against Huesca, Eibar and Zaragoza. We wouldn't be able to win those games without the great Rakitic. Messi (+Suarez in 2016) is not saving Barça's ass in 90% Liga games since 2016, Rakitic is !
We would never win 2018 and 2016 Liga without legendary Ivan and his tackles.

Who is right? Is it 1) you little scotty who's unable to watch a game by himself without stats help + a boring coach who had biggest shit in bed in Barça's CL history OR 2) ME + what games show + stats ?

Now GTFO with your stats and address this:

A quick reminder of 'great workhorse' Rakitic' defensive numbers in CL knockouts.

And now we can add 2019 QF vs Manchester United:

Busquets. T:2. I:2.
Arthur. T:1. I:0.

Rakitic. T:0. I:0.

Fraudkitic is systematically the most useless midfielder in each knockout CL game. Where's the guy who's 'baby-sitting' Leo and other strikers according to some geniuses up here ?

PS: before Ivan's stans come to bark at me and cry I reckon whole midfield was shit today. Arthur is far from being great since the injury. Busquets was bad, but once again Busquets has to play CM in a shit un-Barca-like team because of fraud Rakitic (and his boyfriend Valverde), while Busquets is a pure DM. Still Rakitic managed to be the shittiest once again.

Home of Barca Fans