Ivan Rakitić

jairzinho

This guy was the worse player on the field in Anfield and still thought his position was secure. Talk about being deluded.

Alik

Alena had his chances and how did he do? Ansu showed 10x more in one and a half game than Alena did during the entire last season. The thing is when you get a chance you should take it. Ansu is the first player from La Masia after Thiago that actually showed something special on the field.

Alena or Puig or Miranda or Oriol are all great talents on paper but they still haven't showed anything special on the field and that's probably not Valverde's fault.

I would say Puig has done very well on the field. Difference is he is a midfielder not a forward.

JerseyAddict

Well I know it is not a popular thing to say on this forum but he would play as same as the ones now playing. This is all slow motion...

JPM85

In possession maybe true, pressing without ball, hell no.
This is the biggest difference, where we see Arthur & de Jong running and pressing, Rakitic would be running in slowmotion.

JerseyAddict

Yes. But the game is so slow that even Rakitic could take his time... He could easely play DM here.

I hope this game get's faster... Something like running ...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Rakitic would be absent like Busquets today. Arthur is absolutely dominating out there and FDJ is doing more with his semi-limited touches than Rakitic ever would.

Sailor Mars

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing a midfield of Rakitic, De Jong, and Arthur with Rakitic in the DM position. Busquets' best qualities seem to be neutralized with Arthur and De jong willing to drop down deep.

Rakitic could provide more work rate in the DM role than slow ass Busquets.

JerseyAddict

So we agree that even Busi doesn't do much good today?

When who is then for a third mid in 2nd half? This game needs more speed. All BVB needs is to stay compact.

Home of Barca Fans