Ivan Rakitić

KingLeo10

[MENTION=23955]Never_Forget40[/MENTION] always brings up Zidane and Scholes in midfield when we've literally had 2 demi-gods there in the past.

Zidane I can understand but that Scholes mention over and over is more proof than any he's a CR7 United/Real bandwagoner.

:lol::lol: trolls simply can't deny their nature.

[MENTION=23955]Never_Forget40[/MENTION] always brings up Zidane and Scholes in midfield when we've literally had 2 demi-gods there in the past.

Zidane I can understand but that Scholes mention over and over is more proof than any he's a CR7 United/Real bandwagoner.

:lol::lol: trolls simply can't deny their nature.

What a conclusion, should win a award for creativity :lol:

Of course if anyone says Scholes and not Xavi or Iniesta he is automatically a troll, logic from a 12 years old child :lol::lol:

Last edited:

xXKonan

It's funny to read people blaming Valverde for shit performance of some players (DJ/Alenia/...etc) but when it comes to Raki nan he's just bad period !

The sad midfield we had yesterday is what it will be after busi&raki retires oh of course we will put Arthur in the mixt to make it even MORE BACK PASSES !!!
Rakitic and Busi were some of the biggest reasons why this team has been Shit in the CL for years now.

It's Hilarious there are still guys on here desperately trying to convince people that the Midfield will crumble without those two. Nah this team will improve bucketloads without those two being here because they no longer provide anything useful to what the team needs.

Nazario1985

Rakitic and Busi were some of the biggest reasons why this team has been Shit in the CL for years now.

It's Hilarious there are still guys on here desperately trying to convince people that the Midfield will crumble without those two. Nah this team will improve bucketloads without those two being here because they no longer provide anything useful to what the team needs.

They are sure finished and no longer can bring anything outstanding for us but have you seen the other options we have ? i mean seriously i don't believe dembele or Arthur or Alenia will evolve into something big even under Pep or Zidane as coachs

xXKonan

They are sure finished and no longer can bring anything outstanding for us but have you seen the other options we have ? i mean seriously i don't believe dembele or Arthur or Alenia will evolve into something big even under Pep or Zidane as coachs
Arthur was the only reason our Midfield wasn't complete trash heap last season along with Vidal.

This Midfield was complete shit when he wasn't there and we suffered yet another embarrassment vs Liverpool when he wasn't playing because Valverde started the incredibly shitty Rakitic-Busi-Vidal Midfield in which Rakitic and Busi, especially Rakitic shat themselves in horror.

Pep would have done wonders to someone like Arthur considering how well he faired here under that despot Valverde, I can't imagine how well he would do under Pep's guidance.

Nazario1985

Arthur was the only reason our Midfield wasn't complete trash heap last season along with Vidal.

This Midfield was complete shit when he wasn't there and we suffered yet another embarrassment vs Liverpool when he wasn't playing because Valverde started the incredibly shitty Rakitic-Busi-Vidal Midfield in which Rakitic and Busi, especially Rakitic shat themselves in horror.

Pep would have done wonders to someone like Arthur considering how well he faired here under that despot Valverde, I can't imagine how well he would do under Pep's guidance.

I like Arthur but him not being able to get out of his safe zone (maybe to please stats ?!) is no good for us he can keep the ball safe but i rather have someone trying to bring something to the table and lose sometimes than doing those turns.

Of course we are blaming maybe ALL the players for the past two years and it's like they all forgot how to play football. The only one who don't give a shit is Messi because he's out of this world and no matter what manager/tactics Messi is Messi.

Maybe it's not a popular opinion but i rather see a Arthur/FDJ/Raki combination rather than anything else, you have a workhorse pivot into Arthur and Raki hate it or like if well positioned can make forward passes (yes it's a big deal for us since last season), FDJ will do the same and create spaces for 1-2s, this way no Suarez no Griez no Messi have to drop too low to get the ball.

xXKonan

I like Arthur but him not being able to get out of his safe zone (maybe to please stats ?!) is no good for us he can keep the ball safe but i rather have someone trying to bring something to the table and lose sometimes than doing those turns.

Of course we are blaming maybe ALL the players for the past two years and it's like they all forgot how to play football. The only one who don't give a shit is Messi because he's out of this world and no matter what manager/tactics Messi is Messi.

Maybe it's not a popular opinion but i rather see a Arthur/FDJ/Raki combination rather than anything else, you have a workhorse pivot into Arthur and Raki hate it or like if well positioned can make forward passes (yes it's a big deal for us since last season), FDJ will do the same and create spaces for 1-2s, this way no Suarez no Griez no Messi have to drop too low to get the ball.
The the biggest issue this team has faced for ages now is lack of proper movement coming from the forwards.

Sure we do need an attacking Midfielder, but if there's no movement up top then it makes it difficult for said Midfield to get this penetrative passes. Why spam a through ball when Suarez/Messi isn't going to get to it because they aren't making the run or aren't in the position to do so.

Tells you a lot that Alba is making those runs but the others are not and he's a full back. Guys like FDJ and Arthur rely a lot on movement but if the team isn't moving they are going to force to pass it around as the team is not making any movement to help them progress the ball positively.

Nazario1985

The the biggest issue this team has faced for ages now is lack of proper movement coming from the forwards.

Sure we do need an attacking Midfielder, but if there's no movement up top then it makes it difficult for said Midfield to get this penetrative passes. Why spam a through ball when Suarez/Messi isn't going to get to it because they aren't making the run or aren't in the position to do so.

Tells you a lot that Alba is making those runs but the others are not and he's a full back. Guys like FDJ and Arthur rely a lot on movement but if the team isn't moving they are going to force to pass it around as the team is not making any movement to help them progress the ball positively.

I respect your point of view but i myself sees it the other way around
How many times we saw Messi dropping low take the ball and then make the pass because he was tired waiting for them and the issue for him doing so is he will going to make it a long pass 99% of the time as they will be no ont for 1-2s, this is WHY Alba get all those runs which 99% of the time are from Messi.

The attack front can't make all the movement they want but if the ball can't pass the mid section it's useless and Im sure they know it, so the solution last season was Messi drop low make a pass to Alba try to link with it in the left, or if a miracle happens he trys to 1-2s with Raki/Arthur (never saw the last one)

Last edited:

xXKonan

I respect your point of view but i myself sees it the other way around
How many times we saw Messi dropping low take the ball and then make the pass because he was tired waiting for them and the issue for him doing so is he will going to make it a long pass 99% of the time as they will be no ont for 1-2s, this is WHY Alba get all those runs which 99% of the time are from Messi.

The attack front can't make all the movement they want but if the ball can't pass the mid section it's useless and Im sure they know it, so the solution last season was Messi drop low make a pass to Alba try to link with it in the left, or if a miracle happens he trys to 1-2s with Raki/Arthur (never saw the last one)
That's what happens when you have a system that basically gives Messi the ball and hope he does something with it.

We have let this shit fester for years now and it amazes me how Messi can straight-up accept this shit by backing the likes of Valverde. The Midfield has lost a lot of prominence over the years due to the setup of the team as they are forced to be "Water Carriers" so the front three can thrive.

Part it is due to the quality of the players but a big part of it is the insistence that the Midfield is the third wheel in everything while others such as the front three and the Full-backs do all the creating and instead of having a balanced fucking system like we use to have under Pep.

Vilarrubi

Guessing it would be Emre Can + cash.

Don’t mind Emre Can at all as a squad player, can run, physical, score goals etc... and if it means Rakitic leaves so there’s no chance of him starting big CL games then it’s a no brainer.

Home of Barca Fans