Ivan Rakitić

GOAT_SUAREZ

He had a good game, helped the team with his workrate and was more or less effective in possession. This is the best he has to offer and it's good, but we could and we will have a better player soon with FDJ. Rakitic has to keep this form till the end of the season, and he'll leave the club with honours.

I'm not against Rakitic but collecting 40-50 M for a 31 year old would be good business.

BusiTheKing

Plays waaaaaay too low as a DM. Once again he was next to the CB's when starting attacks. The point of the DM is to be above the opponent's first line of press in order to transition the play. Otherwise, you might as well just give that ball to the actual CB's.

I'm not saying that Busquets is consistently world class anymore, but starting him is the only chance we have of playing a world class game.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Plays waaaaaay too low as a DM. Once again he was next to the CB's when starting attacks. The point of the DM is to be above the opponent's first line of press in order to transition the play. Otherwise, you might as well just give that ball to the actual CB's.

I'm not saying that Busquets is consistently world class anymore, but starting him is the only chance we have of playing a world class game.

What you said is not necessarily true. The classic build-up strategy on own half in a 4-3-3 is the DM dropping deep to the two CBs and forming a three CB line with the fullbacks pushing forward, forming a 3-4-3 essentially. Of course, the CMs may interchange as well, but someone has to drop deep. It is just simply standard textbook stuff, and Busi has been doing that for eternity too.

BusiTheKing

What you said is not necessarily true. The classic build-up strategy on own half in a 4-3-3 is the DM dropping deep to the two CBs and forming a three CB line with the fullbacks pushing forward, forming a 3-4-3 essentially. Of course, the CMs may interchange as well, but someone has to drop deep. It is just simply standard textbook stuff, and Busi has been doing that for eternity too.

I'm not saying that the DM should never drop down or move away from his default position. Busquets drops down often if the CB's have no options, but he's still anchored much higher up. It's fine to drop down too, if you're a DM that can travel with the ball and bring it up by your self, but Rakitic can't do that. He was practically a third CB at times and he's done it every time he's played in that position

Calidad

Maybe I’m being a little harsh, but I feel he should be a squad player. He’s a reliable enough, intelligent player, but I just find him SO one paced. The midfield in general lacks dynamism. Busquets is smart but slow, Rakitic quite smart but always ambles around, Arthur is “busy” and press resistant, but isn’t particularly dynamic either.

We have a good set of midfielders, but I feel something is missing. I’m not sure what will happen with De Jong he’s an obvious Busquets replacement, but I don’t see Valverde dropping Busquets next season.

Hybryd

Banned
Some pathetic "fans" here. You people must love some miserable lives when you can't wait for a mistake from a player in a club you claim to support. Its not just this Zidane moron, there's more of you here. Rakitic played so many important matches and scored so many important goals for Barca that your pathetic opinions really dont matter. Great player, smart, adaptive and can hit a bird flying with a long ball.
P.s. Out Of so many idiots here Zidane guy is the biggest.

FCBfan22

Liverpool are a very energetic team, starting Rakitic, Busquets and Arthur is suicial.

Who do we start then?

The thing is that Busquets is prone to get shafted on the counters and Rakitić is not the fastest player. Starting Vidal-Busquets-Rakitić is even more suicidal, since noone of them can withstand pressing.

We simply don't have the players that would for sure neutralise Liverpool in the midfield. Only positive thing from the likely 3 starters is that Arthur can retain the ball in the midfield.

Home of Barca Fans