Ivan Rakitić

EdmondDantes

[tw]1094721988147531776[/tw]

This dumb guy seems to have no idea what is wrong with the team and his own performance.

Of course he doesn't. Valverde conditioned him to think he's prime Zidane.

Rakitic used Messi's charity/benefit the other week to mouth off to the press and say: 'I will stay, I'm 30, and in the best moment of my career"

He genuinely thinks he's having a great season and playing as though as he's some irreplaceable asset like Iniesta or Xavi were. Pure delusion.

He's lucky garbage Vidal is much worse, or else he'd be on the bench, because now even Valverde has been taking him (Rakitic) off in the second half.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

This guy is as quick as an oil tanker. Not only that he wants a pay rise and contract extension. He can fuck right off. Enough of this "club de amigos" nonsense. He is one of the first guys that should be sold immediately this summer.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

This guy is as quick as an oil tanker. Not only that he wants a pay rise and contract extension. He can fuck right off. Enough of this "club de amigos" nonsense. He is one of the first guys that should be sold immediately this summer.

Last week I found myself pondering how a technically limited water carrier found himself anointed as one of Barcelona's vacas sagradas or sacred cows by management/coaching staff.

From Xavi & Iniesta to a guy that needs a 30m radius to be able to do anything of note with the ball 90% of the time.

-

I'll say this again: Manchester City destroyed Chelsea 6-0 yesterday with Bernardo Silva, de Bruyne, Gundogan (usually a bench player) and David Silva - off the bench - as their central midfielders.

Meanwhile we start with old man Vidal and statue Rakitic, who frankly wouldn't look out of place at peak Stoke City in the Tony Pulis' days (Rory Delap's throw ins and the lot).

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Last week I found myself pondering how a technically limited water carrier found himself anointed as one of Barcelona's vacas sagradas or sacred cows by management/coaching staff.

From Xavi & Iniesta to a guy that needs a 30m radius to be able to do anything of note with the ball 90% of the time.

-

I'll say this again: Manchester City destroyed Chelsea 6-0 yesterday with Bernardo Silva, de Bruyne, Gundogan (usually a bench player) and David Silva off the bench as their central midfielders.

Meanwhile we start with old man Vidal and statue Rakitic, who frankly wouldn't look out of place at peak Stoke City in the Tony Pulis' days (Rory Delap's throw ins and the lot).

Yet we have users here who have made it their career to defend him and other mediocre players (nowadays) from any criticism while it is painfully obvious which direction the clock is ticking for him and other seniors way past it and who are only going to decline further.

Anyway that Busquets-Vidal-Rakitic midfield was laughable. Caught myself laughing a few times yesterday when I and a few other mates watched this excuse of a game in a sports bar. Was that guy BBZ not praising this midfield similar to how he praised Coutinho and shat on Dembélé, Malcom, Arthur and others? That guy must have the best "track record" on this forum.:lol:

EdmondDantes

Yet we have users here who have made it their career to defend him and other mediocre players (nowadays) from any criticism while it is painfully obvious which direction the clock is ticking for him and other seniors way past it and who are only going to decline further.

Anyway that Busquets-Vidal-Rakitic midfield was laughable. Caught myself laughing a few times yesterday when I and a few other mates watched this excuse of a game in a sports bar. Was that guy BBZ not praising this midfield similar to how he praised Coutinho and shat on Dembélé, Malcom, Arthur and others? That guy must have the best "track record" on this forum.:lol:

I think, deep down, BBZ only likes Rakitic because he's tall and Croatian. (he disliked short arse Halilovic from the start). Busquets has been nothing short of a genius for us and yet you never hear a peep about him from BBZ.

We have plenty of other Croatian Barca fans here, some are even Rakitic fans as well, who, unlike BBZ, can see and admit that he's not playing well and shouldn't be a starter- meanwhile BBZ ghosts after every game (due to yet another Rakitic stinker no doubt) and then he comes back with his desperate, statistical extrapolations in an attempt to justify the impossible.

This is before my time but wasn't Chilean Mandrake here berating everyone and every player that threatened Sanchez & Bravo's minutes just like BBZ does with Rakitic?

Nowadays he's nowhere to be seen.... so who knows what will happen once we fuck the now lazy Rakitic off, possibly this summer.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

I think, deep down, BBZ only likes Rakitic because he's tall and Croatian. (he disliked short arse Halilovic from the start)

We have plenty of other Croatian Barca fans here, some are even Rakitic's fans as well, who, unlike BBZ, can see and admit that he's not playing well and shouldn't be a starter- meanwhile BBZ ghosts after every game (due to yet another Rakitic stinker) and then he comes back with his desperate, statistical extrapolations in an attempt to justify the impossible.

Rakitic tall? I am like 10 cm taller (1.94) and I don't consider myself overly tall. I could understand it if it was Busquets but Busquets has been twice or thrice the player that Rakitic has been for us.

Yes, I have noticed that there are many Croatian users here. Normal when the admin is from Croatia. Anyway I have nothing against BBZ but some of the stuff that he is writing (page up and page down) is pure nonsense. How any sane person can claim that the Busquets-Vidal-Rakitic midfield is our best bet, I will never understand. Just laughable stuff.

Zidane82

Ya'll are clueless, he was clearly our 2nd best midfielder on the pitch today. I seriously don't think ya'll watch football. Busquets and him kept what composure we did have with possession. Vidal, Coutinho, Suarez--losing the ball cheaply. Lenglet wasn't too good either.
Apparently I'm not allowed to diss Rakitic but I thought Lenglet was rather good to be fair --- I'd be happy to have him alongside Pique for the foreable future..

soul24rage

Sadly I can see EV playing that Busi-Vidal-Rakitic midfield in the 4 consecutive away games we've got coming up. It's depressing really. So not looking forward to the next few games.

Arizona Scott

Criticizing is fine, scapegoating a whole series of problems on a single (and often the wrong one) needs a reality check. The prime members if the club are rakitic, suarez, bob and pique. As does the idea of plating the next tom, dick or harry in there will fix our issues. If we had a kdb, both silvas, mahrez and Fernandinho i would agree he shouldnt see any of the pitch right now. Sorry, alena, oriel, and samper isn't quite that no matter what you wish it to be.

Some loon on flop of the match listed rakitic and not vidal, that shows the irrationality when it comes to him. Blowing off steam on your favorite scapegoat and a poor team performance is fine, but ill pop in here and there when the pile of horse crap gets a little too big.

EdmondDantes

Rakitic tall? I am like 10 cm taller (1.94) and I don't consider myself overly tall. I could understand it if it was Busquets but Busquets has been twice or thrice the player that Rakitic has been for us.

On Busquets, no question.

And Rakitic clears 6 foot, he's tall in comparison to our technical midfielders.

Mrgandalf

Curious member
Ya'll are clueless, he was clearly our 2nd best midfielder on the pitch today. I seriously don't think ya'll watch football. Busquets and him kept what composure we did have with possession. Vidal, Coutinho, Suarez--losing the ball cheaply. Lenglet wasn't too good either.

I was so bored that i did not want to see the game. But even if he was...you should not admit it. It may have butterfly effect on Bartou or next coach Setien to keep him forever. About Raki it`s the matter of words...and it comes with the price.

Kul_z

Finally some papers noticed that he is playing like shit, that he has squeezed every bit of energy he had and clearly isn't starting material right now. I dont know what ev is doing, if he's your favourite player ffs give him rest until that el classico/ return leg against lyon.

Leo_Messi

Sadly I can see EV playing that Busi-Vidal-Rakitic midfield in the 4 consecutive away games we've got coming up. It's depressing really. So not looking forward to the next few games.

If he does that, barring miracles (looking at Messi here and a few select others namely Dembélé, Alba etc.), we might as well say goodbye to the CdR firstly, later the CL and finally the league race.

On Busquets, no question.

And Rakitic clears 6 foot, he's tall in comparison to our technical midfielders.

Indeed. However he is not really the first guy I think about when thinking about tall footballers. Yes, I know that footballers on average are smaller guys usually. In particular non-defensive midfielders.

Cule4life

The Culest
Criticizing is fine, scapegoating a whole series of problems on a single (and often the wrong one) needs a reality check.

Neither is making excuses for Raki all the time

The prime members if the club are rakitic, suarez, bob and pique.

If you ever ventured outside Raki's thread you would've known all of them have been slammed whenever they underperform

Sorry, alena, oriel, and samper isn't quite that no matter what you wish it to be.

Alena was better than him yesterday. You won't know that cos ur wearing Raki tinted glasses.

And who is asking for Oriol and Samper to start over Raki? :lol:

ill pop in here and there when the pile of horse crap gets a little too big

And i'll pop in here when your boner for Raki threatens to rip a hole in your pants.

Leo_Messi

Criticizing is fine, scapegoating a whole series of problems on a single (and often the wrong one) needs a reality check. The prime members if the club are rakitic, suarez, bob and pique. As does the idea of plating the next tom, dick or harry in there will fix our issues. If we had a kdb, both silvas, mahrez and Fernandinho i would agree he shouldnt see any of the pitch right now. Sorry, alena, oriel, and samper isn't quite that no matter what you wish it to be.

Some loon on flop of the match listed rakitic and not vidal, that shows the irrationality when it comes to him. Blowing off steam on your favorite scapegoat and a poor team performance is fine, but ill pop in here and there when the pile of horse crap gets a little too big.

What is tiring is your constant defense of every underperforming player and mediocrity at this club. This is Barça. One of the two giants of the game and the most successful football club in the world in the past 30 years based on trophies, worldwide recognition, footballing style/philosophy, dynasties, Ballon d'Or winners, having the best players in that period, including the GOAT (for sure in the past 30 years of football) and practically every other measurement.

Not only that we went from having 2 of the arguably best midfielders in football history (for club and country moreover which is a very rare combination) to the likes of Rakitic. In particular the Rakitic of recent seasons. The Rakitic in the first 2 seasons was an good player worthy of playing for us. Not any longer. Certainly not to the freaking extend that we see where he is playing every single fucking game regardless of how he performs. Not only that at the same time he has the audacity to publicly beg (nonstop) for a contract extension and pay rise. For what reason exactly? For having been declining continuously and not getting any younger.

BTW, Rakitic was the player that lost most balls yesterday. 10. Sure, a great performance. Outstanding in fact. Come on. One thing is to be loyal (must be the American influence here where fans are expected to support the team and players at all costs, hence why 90% of the franchises are serial losers) but another is too put your head in the sand like an ostrich. The fanbase in Spain and Southern Europe in general is vastly different from the American lot. In particular at the elite clubs. This constant criticism and high standards is what has made us and RM to what we are today. Giants of the game that every single footballer is dreaming to play for while usually only the very best get such an opportunity.

There is no point in defending mediocrity other than shooting yourself in the foot. That was exactly what destroyed this club at the turn of the century. That and an incompetence from the board. Something that this club has struggled with historically speaking outside of the Laporta era and most parts of the Núñez era although even that long era had its dark periods. Largely due to self-destruction.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans