Ivan Rakitić

Jombi

Yeah, fuck form or contribution, he should start no matter what because he's Rakitic.

He's ten times the player Gomes is, thats for sure.

But Raki is probably gonna be sold anyway. We just have to hope we actually bring in some quality players like Thomas Lemar, Fabinho and Wylan Cyprien, not more incoming garbage.

God Serena

He's ten times the player Gomes is, thats for sure.

But Raki is probably gonna be sold anyway. We just have to hope we actually bring in some quality players like Thomas Lemar, Fabinho and Wylan Cyprien, not more incoming garbage.

Gomes' last performance was miles better than anything Rakitic has given us this entire season and that's coming from someone who doesn't even like Gomes.

Kuchi

For me its pretty obvious that Raki's contribution is affected by the RB spot, his "monster" season had a revitalized Alves going all out, Alves that also kept Messi there on the right as they loved to link up with each other. Since Alves is gone and Roberto is struggling with his new role providing little options to link up, Raki's weakness is much more exploitable.

I believe we can bring fucking Modric/Veratti whoever, they would still look in trouble with Bob not being a secure option for link up, as he'll send the ball right back and not shift any pressure and Busi is a mile away...any MD would look bad in a situation like this when facing opponent pressure..

BBZ8800

For me its pretty obvious that Raki's contribution is affected by the RB spot, his "monster" season had a revitalized Alves going all out, Alves that also kept Messi there on the right as they loved to link up with each other. Since Alves is gone and Roberto is struggling with his new role providing little options to link up, Raki's weakness is much more exploitable.

I believe we can bring fucking Modric/Veratti whoever, they would still look in trouble with Bob not being a secure option for link up, as he'll send the ball right back and not shift any pressure and Busi is a mile away...any MD would look bad in a situation like this when facing opponent pressure..

Rakitic was pretty bad during the 2nd part of 2015/16 season with Messi+Alves on the right flank.

So, something happened with Rakitic, regardless of Lucho, whole team, Alves/Roberto etc.

He was good in the 2nd part of 2014/15 and in a first half of 2015/16.
After that, for the last 12-13 meh, he is way below that 2014/15 level.

A better RB would certainly help him, but again, something happened with his play also.
In a Croatian NT team, where he doesn't play with Alves/Roberto, he was also quite poor to meh (for his standards) in the last 12 Months.
Mentally he is "not there", he is way slower than before, he gets tired after 45 minutes, in overall he looks like a 70-80% of his usual self from earlier years.
Again, not only with RB Roberto.
1. both with RB Alves
2. RB Roberto
3. in a Croatian NT team with different set of players

Raketa10

Rakitic gave an interview to France Football.

"Luis Enrique has helped me enormously," Rakitic said. "He gave me confidence straight away, as did my teammates, which enabled me to work calmly."

"It's the 'Mister' who asked the club to sign me. If I had to throw myself off a bridge for him, I would do it without hesitation. With a look or a smile, he gives you the confidence necessary to succeed."

"Xavi gave me a lot. I have just two words to say to him, 'Thank you,'" Rakitic added. "The only thing I regret is to have played just a single season with him."

"I learned so much from on and off the pitch, during our away trips, in the dressing-room. I took advantage of every moment by his side during that season. What Xavi gave this club, his teammates and the fans is unique."

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's nice to hear him speak in such high regard for Lucho and Xavi in particular.

I am sorry we couldn't develop an heir to Xavi but I am sure Busquets and Iniesta benefited tremendously from him.

Dado

It's nice to hear him speak in such high regard for Lucho and Xavi in particular.

I am sorry we couldn't develop an heir to Xavi but I am sure Busquets and Iniesta benefited tremendously from him.

That interview sounds extremely "goodbyeish" to me.

Messi gave him the free kick in the other day. Nice gesture before the incoming departure.

Jombi

Gomes' last performance was miles better than anything Rakitic has given us this entire season and that's coming from someone who doesn't even like Gomes.

What a ridiculous statement. Rakitic games against Atletico Madrid and at the San Mames were amazing, against actual quality opposition. Gomes playing OK at home against a team that hasnt won an away game in the league in 5 months is not comparable at all.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What a ridiculous statement. Rakitic games against Atletico Madrid and at the San Mames were amazing, against actual quality opposition. Gomes playing OK at home against a team that hasnt won an away game in the league in 5 months is not comparable at all.

+1

MIXA

Arguing about Rakitic vs Gomes in a 4-3-3 system is like trying to decide on whether you should shoot yourself in the arm or the leg.

The 4-3-3 works well when you have 3 really strong midfielders capable of playing in tight spaces like Busi – Xavi – Iniesta. With Xavi gone, the system fails because you are now replacing a key component with players that have a completely different skill set.

The problem is however now much worse because Alves, who was also very good at playing in tight spaces, is no longer there. Its comes as no surprise then that the right hand side of the team has been the biggest problem. Both the RB and the RCM spots are being occupied by players that don’t suit the system

Trying to decide on whether Rakitic or Gomes is right for the team is pointless because they are probably both wrong for the team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, because team won a treble and double with Rakitic among players that played most games in those 2 years.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Keitee was an immense part of our treble and double winning team too..... Who was a great mid fielder himself. And Rakitic is arguably even better than him.

Rakitic is vastly under-rated over here

Zebulun

so much for throwing himself off of a bridge. Lucho said this in his presser:

"Tiene tanto tiempo esta entrevista... quizá mejor no preguntarle ahora que igual me voy solo al puente"

Ahmedd

so much for throwing himself off of a bridge. Lucho said this in his presser:

"Tiene tanto tiempo esta entrevista... quizá mejor no preguntarle ahora que igual me voy solo al puente"

What does it mean ? Google's traduction doesn't make any sense

Home of Barca Fans