Ivan Rakitić

Rory

Great inputs from [MENTION=21761]Rory[/MENTION]

How come you’ve had so little posts from 2017?

Cheers, I think I typed some out but couldn't be bothered to press send as I didn't want to throw my hat into the ring or because someone else had basically already said it.

Lapi

Bbz has a point defensively we are crap in away games

Wow...
I thought - by a huge naivety - that 99.9999 percent of Barca fans (with sufficient vision below 12 diopters or so) have simply noticed that we are defensively crap in away games.
But it seems some people of this forum need BBZ's signature and short confirmations for that...

He has a point? Yes, at least 578 points in immaculate order, embellished with data that serves as a braille-writing for those who happen to be visually impaired.
Amazing.

Last edited:

xXKonan

We are crap defensively in away games.

So the solution? Let us play weak legs Rakitic and an aging Vidal what could go wrong, oh wait where have I seen this before?

kattanib

Barca defense bible:

1. Do not lose the ball (cover the ball and flip your back to you opponents; and patiently play safe passes)
2. Pressure opponents high on the pitch when losing the ball
3. Implement perfect offside traps
4. Mark your player and do not get caught watching the ball
5. On set pieces communicate effectively with your GK

Under EV I believe we fail miserably with number 2 and 4, and we fail (less miserably) with number 1 and 3. The irony is that few years back our weakness was point number 5 which I don’t believe is the case today

BusiTheKing

75% of a midfielder's defensive contribution is being at the right spot and taking up the physical space. This requires constant movement to close off passing options, being there not to allow the opponent space and time to turn, moving in to support a teammate that is liable to be dribbled past.

I'd say 2 out of 3 games we play, unless the opponent is out of balance, there are at least two defenders on whoever has the ball for us. Wingers face two guys when they're dribbling, Messi faces 3 or 4 in the middle.

Meanwhile, when they have the ball, there are almost always only one defender on the opponent with the ball.

It doesn't matter if you're Van Dijk or Riqui Puig, two defenders are always better than one.

This is where we're shit defensively. It's got nothing to with our players being physically weak or bad at tackling. We're bad because we simply are not there. We don't outnumber them like they do to us. This is not something Rakitic fixes in anyway or any other physically strong midfielder for that matter.

It's about disciplin, confidence and young players who can run.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Wow...
I thought - by a huge naivety - that 99.9999 percent of Barca fans (with sufficient vision below 12 diopters or so) have simply noticed that we are defensively crap in away games.
But it seems some people of this forum need BBZ's signature and short confirmations for that...

He has a point? Yes, at least 578 points in immaculate order, embellished with data that serves as a braille-writing for those who happen to be visually impaired.
Amazing.

This is a Forum de amigos worthy post , a PM will be sent with further details on how to proceed.

KingLeo10

"We are defensively crap in away games" is insight on the order of "Things always fall down when thrown".

You only need a pair of eyes to intuit this.

Now if you can provide a mechanism for why this is the case, then congratulations, you are Newton/Einstein and should be first choice Barcelona manager.

Evidence tells me BBZ and his beloved lover EV are NOT that, considering one's typing self-contradicting diatribes on a forum (rather than contributing something meaningful to society with his supposed insight) and the other's next managerial destination is the Greek or Turkish league.

Potroh

1. is our system a cure for everything?
2. or is our system a problem?

1 = Yes
2 = Yes

There are some BBZ gems in these posts, but I don't wanna steal you valuable time with sarcastic remarks.

I rather put up a simple question to the redundant statistical expert, although there's 99% chance he will not answer, as usually.
I've asked that once (obviously without getting an answer) but if he fills 16 pages of the problem, probably it worth to go back to the roots.
So my humble question is:

What is the difference between home and away games?
What are the most outstanding 2-3 differences that determine an Away Game?

serghei

Wow...

Amazing.

Yep, this is right up there, to the standards of Forum de Amigos in terms of wit and irony.

J

José Mourinho

Is this guy still on the roster?
1.5 years after a 90m offer was rejected ����

serghei

Is this guy still on the roster?
1.5 years after a 90m offer was rejected ����

That offer was bogus. Nobody in their right mind would pay that for a has been like Rakitic with attitude problems. I think the guy who wrote that story put a 0 next to the 9 by accident.

Home of Barca Fans