Ivan Rakitić

Messigician

This clown can't be serious

🎙 [Movistar] | Rakitic: "How does my daughter feel when a toy is taken from her? Sad. I feel the same way. The ball has been taken from me, I feel sad."

0 respect for his teammates he's basically demanding he starts over other midfielders even after his disasterclSs at Anfield.

Fuck off to Italy Rakitic.

Tekkers

After a football sabbatical (since Levante's second goal) this was literally the first article I wound up reading. It's unbelievable stuff.

Instead of apologising for saying 'his place in the team is occupied and belongs to him' he's now saying he's in his best moment ever after the way he's played this season - when in fact the only way Rakitic could play worse is if he had been scoring deliberate own goals.

That's the arrogant monster Valverde helped to create by starting him every game regardless of - his poor - form over the past 2 seasons.

Now that's him and Vidal who said - twice to two different media outlets - that he couldn't 'find an explanation' as to why he wasn't a starter in a team that had won 6 consecutive games without him.

Basically completely disregarding the existence of, the talent and performances of their fellow midfielders at the club because all they see is themselves.

Two past-it, disrespectful, not-good-enough egomaniacs whom I can't wait to see the back of.

Ps. No he's not injured.

ive never witnessed a footballer in their 30s conduct themselves like this guy. he's beyond entitled and it's going to be mission impossible to get him to leave

Lapi

Rakitic should know very well that Barca's main problem has been the midfield.
Right after the treble it became obvious that midfield is the weakest link in the chain, which had just doubled after Iniesta left.

I do understand his feelings, but actually he had at least 3 years to prepare for the inevitable, especially knowing his age, so if he thinks it is something new, something personal or unjust, he cheats his own rational conciseness.
The clever players prepare for something like that and don't bellyache about it.

Even Xavi or Iniesta accepted the bench above 30, so the minimum is that Rakitic also should do the same.

Devils

"The ball has been taken from me, I am sad" - Ivan Rakitic

EJMpxQKWsAEgiSi

clemente

It's just embarrassing the bubble these players live in, how come no one gave this guy a reality check for 5 years now, we need to stop hiring these bending over managers.

BBZ8800

After a football sabbatical (since Levante's second goal) this was literally the first article I wound up reading. It's unbelievable stuff.

Instead of apologising for saying 'his place in the team is occupied and belongs to him' he's now saying he's in his best moment ever after the way he's played this season - when in fact the only way Rakitic could play worse is if he had been scoring deliberate own goals.

That's the arrogant monster Valverde helped to create by starting him every game regardless of - his poor - form over the past 2 seasons.

Now that's him and Vidal who said - twice to two different media outlets - that he couldn't 'find an explanation' as to why he wasn't a starter in a team that had won 6 consecutive games without him.

Basically completely disregarding the existence of, the talent and performances of their fellow midfielders at the club because all they see is themselves.

Two past-it, disrespectful, not-good-enough egomaniacs whom I can't wait to see the back of.

Ps. No he's not injured.

Your post sounds as if our midfield plays well this season.
Our midfield is in the weakest state in EV's 3 seasons here.
We were never as all over the place defensively as in this season.
And in the past, we never had matches with zero created chances from midfield.

But of course, it *doesn't have anything to do* with actual guys who play now but with 100s of random alibies.
Fun times.

EdmondDantes

Your post sounds as if our midfield plays well this season.
Our midfield is in the weakest state in EV's 3 seasons here.
We were never as all over the place defensively as in this season.
And in the past, we never had matches with zero created chances from midfield.

But of course, it *doesn't have anything to do* with actual guys who play now but with 100s of random alibies.
Fun times.

At this point you're just being facetious, B.

First things first, Rakitic has been our worst player this season - not even you can dispute that.

So the argument that he should be playing right now is sturdily out the window.

And I disagree, I think our midfield is promising. The problem is in our defensive and forward lines where Umtiti never replicated his superhuman season, Pique is 3 years older, Suarez and Messi are 3 years older.

Put this current midfield in that team of 3 years ago, and we look monster.

Raketa10

First things first, Rakitic has been our worst player this season - not even you can dispute that.

And I disagree, I think our midfield is promising. The problem is in our defensive and forward lines where Umtiti never replicated his superhuman season, Pique is 3 years older, Suarez and Messi are 3 years older.

:lol: hahahahaha what an unbelievable statement. He isn't even playing and he is our WORST PLAYER. :facepalm: Don't expect that anyone will take you seriously after this.
Do you people even think before you write something like that? And NO this midfield wouldn't be good 3 years ago or 5 years ago or 10 years ago. This midfield consist of Frenkie who is great and no one else. Arthur has been playing really bad for the last couple of games but since this forum looks at him like he is our new Xavi people tend to go blind when he plays like shit. The truth is Arthur isn't developing like we all expected. Maybe a change of manager will correct that but maybe it won't. Busquets is nowhere near the level he was 3 or 4 years ago and Vidal was never a good fit not to mention he is alomoust 33. BBZ is right this midfield is a problem people tend to ignore. First of all we need a new AM player since playing FDJ-BUSI-ARTHUR consists of 3 DM players who can't create anything in front of goal. On the other side playing Vidal is gambling with a headless chicken who can create problem on the both sides of the pitch (for us or opponent) depending on his state of mind that day.

In the end I can't wait for Rakitic to leave in January so we can actually continue with a normal fucking discussion regarding our current midfield since 90% of this forum finds Rakitic responsible for all our midfield problems even when he is not playing.

To sum this up, when he leaves:

- Arthur will finally turn into Xavi
- Busi will go back to his old form
- Alena and Puig will finally get their chance and at least one of them will succeed here
- Vidal will probably solve our AM problems since we don't have AM in our team
- In summer we could buy Eriksen and we'll have our new Iniesta

Unbelievable stuff!!!!! You people are blind if you think Rakitic is our No.1 problem.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Think before I write?

Rakitic started against Granada undeservedly, and has been getting minutes off the bench undeservedly despite performing very very poorly practically every time so far.

So yes, out of all the players who have had minutes this season Rakitic stands out as the worst. That's what I meant.

I've no doubt in my mind if Rakitic had been performing slightly better than he has he'd be starting games for us because of Valverde, but not even he can deny the absolute state Rakitic is in. Alena didn't see a squad place for over 2 months after a decent 45 minutes.

I don't like nor rate Vidal either - and I feel Rakitic is better than him but he looks maniacally depressed out there this season. He shouldn't be anywhere near the team. He's gone full on rotten apple mode with his disrespectful mouth as well. There's no denying that.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Think before I write?

Rakitic started against Granada undeservedly, and has been getting minutes off the bench undeservedly despite performing very very poorly practically every time so far.

So yes, out of all the players who have had minutes this season Rakitic stands out as the worst. That's what I meant.

I've no doubt in my mind if Rakitic had been performing slightly better than he has he'd be starting games for us because of Valverde, but not even he can deny the absolute state Rakitic is in. Alena didn't see a squad place for over 2 months after a decent 45 minutes.

I don't like nor rate Vidal either - and I feel Rakitic is better than him - but he looks maniacally depressed out there this season. He shouldn't be anywhere near the team. He's gone full on rotten apple mode with his disrespectful mouth as well. There's no denying that.

He is depressed and he MUST be sold this winter I agree on that. It's the best solution for all sides but I ensure you even when he leaves our problems will remain. Our midfield currently consist only of ONE player who is on the level of Barca and that's De Jong. I see that as an alarming situation, and that worries me MUCH more than Rakitic who will be gone in January. What will we do than? How will we solve that situation? Shall we bet on Alena who hasn't shown anything or Puig who looks weaker than Denis? Or shall we keep Busi in our starting 11 for another season?

I sincerely hope Arthur will improve so we'll need to buy only AM but I am a bit skeptic on that. This guy hasn't connected 5 good games in a row for one and a half season now. Even if he improves how the hell shall we buy a world class AM with our current transfer history?! Chances are much bigger we'll spend another 100+ mil on a new Coutinho or Demebele than on new Iniesta. Think about that a bit and you'll conclude that Rakitic (who will be gone in 2 months) is a much smaller problem than you think he is.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

It will be one fewer problem though.

Because for as long as he's still here all he will continue doing is disrupting things behind the scenes. I'm beyond grateful Frenkie is occupying his place now.

BBZ8800

Midfield is promising in the heads of our fans.
In reality, it has disappointed till now, a lot.

I have asked the same question on other topics:
2017/18: EV is a coach, our midfield was average.
2018/19: EV is a coach, our midfield was average.
2019/20: EV is a coach, we have Frenkie-Arthur, and our midfield is worse than in the first 2 seasons.

If you'll use an Occam's razor, the answer will be quite simple.
If you'll use a shield of protecting forum's favorites, then everything else will be guilty except for 2 new midfielders.
In 3 Months till now, all that we have seen from them is:
1. that they are good in home matches, where more or less even midfield combinations consisted of Roberto and Rafinha also always played good.
In home matches, they struggle in the attacking 3rd, much more than combos from the first two EV's seasons. Basically, a midfield with Rafinha played better than this duo.
2. on away matches, they struggle in everything: keeping possession, defense and creating chances.

But I know:
It is:
1. EV
2. Suarez
3. Busi
4. 6 attackers not moving
5. Roberto
6. aliens

Our midfield combinations in the first 2 EV's seasons also played with Roberto, Suarez and Busi and our midfield overall had more control and balance.

Not to mention what will probably happen when we will meet serious opponents.

Regarding Raki being the worst player this season.
Remember, when Dembele was injured, people said: give him time. He is rusty. He will need a few weeks to get back into form.
Also, some users posted last season: Dembele is rusty in the first 20 minutes of every game... You shouldn't analyze his 20 first minutes on any match.
When Semedo didn't play a lot, people said: Ev ruined his confidence. He needs consistency. You can't judge him if he plays 1 out of 2 games, lol.
When Todibo steps in and plays bad, people say: he didn't play for 2 Months and you are expecting from him to perform?

Now, how come that all forum's favorites get excuses for not playing, not having confidence, being rusty and similar.
But Raki, who played a total of 258 minutes this season=can't get any excuse.
With him: it is what it is. No excuses for him. He is just shit.

When Arthur played like shit for 3 Months last season, he was "injured".
When Arthur was bad in the last few matches, he was "tired and jet lagged".

I mean, someone could write a book with the name: "Barcaforum's 1001 most unbelievable excuses for favorite players."

Last edited:

Raketa10

It will be one fewer problem though.

Because for as long as he's still here all he will continue doing is disrupting things behind the scenes. I'm beyond grateful Frenkie is occupying his place now.

Problem is FDJ should be occupying Busi's place and not his. Rakitic's place should be occupied by AM player but hey let's play FDJ out of position so our old Busi can still start 90% of games. And I suppose you don't consider that to be a problem do you?

So let's sum this up in 90% of games we are playing with 3 defensive or controlling midfielders who can't deliver that final pass and can't score but you are fine with that as long as Rakitic is not playing?!

What's even worse is the fact that out of those 3 midfielders only FDJ has stamina and knows how to defend. To be fair this midfield is anything but monstrous.

Last edited:

Givenchy

tbf, with Valverde and his great man management, i wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even talk with Rakitic before completely freezing him out.

Home of Barca Fans