Ivan Rakitić

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Here you basically confirmed that our problem is Valverde not Rakitic. If we had a decent manager Rakitic and Busi wouldn't start together and we wouldn't even have this conversation. We should talk more about how shit Valverde is and stop attacking Rakitic or Coutinho 24/7.

No, we can still criticize Rakitic for playing poorly and mouthing off to the press about how he deserves a new contract, and how he said that his position is already taken, by him.

He's a part of the problem. You don't see such entitlement publicly from other players, even from a player I've now criticized for three years in Luis Suarez who's said the club should think about its future and sign a new striker.

You might forget and trivialize such things, but I don't.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Valverde is partly responsible for the entitlement with these guys. He puts the seniors on a pedestal. That’s why Rakitic knows he doesn’t have to fight for a spot. No matter how bad he plays his position is guaranteed.

kattanib

Valverde is partly responsible for the entitlement with these guys. He puts the seniors on a pedestal. That’s why Rakitic knows he doesn’t have to fight for a spot. No matter how bad he plays his position is guaranteed.

Yes, he is such a horrible player this Rakitic guy. We are such an unfortunate team to have someone of his caliber playing for us. Also despite our midfield consists of 3 different players who can play different roles and complete each other, Rakitic is such a horrible player because he is no where near being able to do all 3 midfielder’s duties by himself; he can only score goals consistently and be an experienced reliable holding midfielder. We are extremely unfortunate.

jairzinho

Yes, he is such a horrible player this Rakitic guy. We are such an unfortunate team to have someone of his caliber playing for us. Also despite our midfield consists of 3 different players who can play different roles and complete each other, Rakitic is such a horrible player because he is no where near being able to do all 3 midfielder’s duties by himself; he can only score goals consistently and be an experienced reliable holding midfielder. We are extremely unfortunate.

Football is a continuous evolving game my friend.
If you don’t evolve then eventually you fall behind. Or you get the shit beat out of you like we did at Anfield.

The way we capitulated at the end of the season (CL and CDR Final) it’s pretty obvious changes are needed, especially in midfield. OR. We can just continue like business as usual and get embarrassed again.

kattanib

I will post this here and in Suarez thread

I would think it is fair to judge a player based on what other similar players of his age are doing. Now the decision whether or not that player should be our number one choice falls on the manager and the club; not the player. Very simple.

Last edited:

jairzinho

If I had my way, Valgreen, Busi, Raki, Suarez would all be gone at the end of last season. Or Suarez, Busi stays but have their roles significantly reduced to strictly supporting players off the bench.

Tekkers

The play and overall energy of the team just seemed revitalized without him out there. Which is strange because he's regarded by many as "top midfielder", but usually the opposite occurs when a team's playing without there so-called "best midfielder".

FCB1987

Banned
The play and overall energy of the team just seemed revitalized without Busquets out there. Which is strange because he's regarded by many as "top midfielder", but usually the opposite occurs when a team's playing without there so-called "best midfielder".

fixed

Sorin

Roberto is everything Rakitic pretends to be at this point. He's actually fast and has an even greater engine that him.

Should get rid asap.

BBZ8800

But schoolboy Alena was there, why did it work ?
How did the team manage to score 4 goals without Ivan 'Lampard' Rakitic ?

Are we now going to analyze every action from a preseason match against a crappy Italian team where we scored first two goals from offsides and Napoli gave up after that?

Midfield was kinda disconnected from the attack before 2 offside goals.

Further, I would rather watch Frenkie pivot, Roberto (workhorse), Cam Alena than Busi-Frenkie-Arthur.

Rob, Alena, Frenkie are faster than Busi and Arthur.
Also, they both move vertically and horizontally.
Busi moves only horizontally.
Arthur moves only horizontally once when he gets into the opponent's half.
Raki barely moves.

So, why did midfield work?
Well, these guys can press since they are fast and have legs.
In build up, they move vertically and they are giving options to a pivot Frenkie to give them passes, just like his teammates from Ajax who move VERTICALLY a lot, offering Frenkie to play his smart through balls and the ball gets into the attacking third in a few seconds.

You see, I had problems since people are calling for Frenkie-Arthur duo.
If you want to read too much from this match, how a team was scoring more without Raki, then we can read too much and say that Frenkie and Arthur clicked horribly, they were occupying the same area, Arthur can't play as a Cm with Frenkie as a pivot because he doesn't move vertically and is afraid in the attacking third.
Our beautiful free flowing and running midfield died once when Frenkie and Arthur were paired.

You see, it works both ways.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans