Ivan Rakitić

Devils

I wouldn’t sell him, we should upgrade and keep him for depth.

If he doesn’t accept that the yeah he should leave.

Vilarrubi

I think we need two more world class midfielders.

Don't get me wrong, I like what Coutinho has showed this season with us but he plays far too high up the pitch to be considered a midfielder. Reading some Liverpool forums I've also come to find that he essentially played as a 4th forward for them. He's at his best at the edge of the opponent's box; much further up than Iniesta usually plays.

We need someone further up the pitch like Coutinho.. 4 assists in his last 3 games. You saw those last two with perfect precision passes.

If we had two deep playing midfielders it’s the same story as we currently have. A lot of backwards and sideways passing with only Messi really creating anything from a midfield position.

Coutinho would have been good against Roma, he’s dynamic always moving and can pass forward.

I agree we need another replacement as a normal CM though.

We need someone further up the pitch like Coutinho.. 4 assists in his last 3 games. You saw those last two with perfect precision passes.

If we had two deep playing midfielders it’s the same story as we currently have. A lot of backwards and sideways passing with only Messi really creating anything from a midfield position.

Coutinho would have been good against Roma, he’s dynamic always moving and can pass forward.

If he goes wandering up the pitch that means there's only two midfielders left to control the game and maintaining our shape would be near impossible. Nobody's saying he has to play as deep as Rakitic or anything, but the way he's played this season and most of his career is far too high to even remotely be considered a CM. He is an attacking midfielder and unfortunately Barca doesn't play that way in their traditional 4-3-3.

He either needs to adapt his game or play on the LW.

Vilarrubi

If he goes wandering up the pitch that means there's only two midfielders left to control the game and maintaining our shape would be near impossible. Nobody's saying he has to play as deep as Rakitic or anything, but the way he's played this season and most of his career is far too high to even remotely be considered a CM. He is an attacking midfielder and unfortunately Barca doesn't play that way in their traditional 4-3-3.

He either needs to adapt his game or play on the LW.

Tbh I didn’t mean him as CAM I worded it wrong.

But he can play CM but the difference is he moves forward up the pitch either passing or dribbling and has that eye for a killer through ball.

He played some games for Liverpool at CM and was really good.

Tbh I didn’t mean him as CAM I worded it wrong.

But he can play CM but the difference is he moves forward up the pitch either passing or dribbling and has that eye for a killer through ball.

He played some games for Liverpool at CM and was really good.

Passing and dribbling is fine, but his aim should be to find our forwards in space in the final third, not to get too involved there himself. If he gets caught up too high better team will punish us on the counter.

This season for Liverpool he mostly played as a "CM" for with Salah, Firmino and Mane ahead of him, but even then he was only a CM in name, like I said earlier he was much more of a 4th forward than he was a midfielder.

He has played a few games for Liverpool sitting deeper in the midfield, but he hasn't done it consistently or against top opposition all that often.

Judoman

It s not same story if Dembele plays on one side and Griezmann on the other with Leo in the middle. Than we have 4 creative, technical attack oriented players, so 2 deep MF makes sence. We need balance.
Since Busi is aging and he is not fast it makes sence he has someone near him. There are no WC xavi type MF out there available so perhaps some sort of fast, creative B2B player would be plan b.

ronniecro

i'd keep him for depth,if he wouldn't accept that then the board should tell raquel to tell him he will be squad player,i'm sure ivan would listen to anything she says :D

Sorin

Rakitic has been good this year but I'd sell him. He's already 30 years old and he'll only keep this level or decline from here. You won't get more out of him. He's a good player but not quite world class. We need an world class controlling mid.

Anyway, he still holds value and we could probably extract 35-40 million for him, which is more than any other guy that we'll sell this summer. These money could be added to our budget to buy another CM. Who that is, I don't know but that's why there's people earning the big bucks.

Having said that, he's still good enough for rotation in our mid and wouldn't mind having him next season.

Joan

If we want to sell Rakitić, undisputed starter and a strong guy in the midfield, we need to have a good enough replacement in mind.

Don't want him gone.

FinBarcelonafan

If we want to sell Rakitić, undisputed starter and a strong guy in the midfield, we need to have a good enough replacement in mind.

Don't want him gone.

Exactly. It doesn't look like there's any good options available. I think we are just stuck with slow and old midfield for now.

Messi983

He's 28 ain't that old for the right price. Can be used as a interim player until de jong matures.

According to barcaforum most players are already semi-retired at 28. :p

Also, Raki is going nowhere and he's staying a starter next season but hopefully Arthur or whoever else we'll bring can give him and Busi more rest.

RMU ReBorn

Even if he decides to leave this season

He would leave with 3 league titles , 1CL , 4 CDR's (Hopefully we win against Sevilla ) , 1 super cup , 1 uefa super cup, 1 CWC . This includes a treble . Pretty good CV to have when he retires and look back at his career along with his Europa league win leading Sevilla

Home of Barca Fans