Ivan Rakitić

Havesaks

Imo unless Rakitic really is on the way out this winter all Roberto, Vidal, Sergio and Rakitic are competing against each other for playing time, and form (and game plan) will decide who will play. Vidal can easily be marginalised if Rakitic and Roberto step up.

I don't think Rakitic will end up leaving before summer and Valverde wants his best players to stay active for the later part of the season. Neither Puig nor Alena are good enough to make a difference, Rakitic is, and thats Why he gets playing time. As simple as that. And it's not a wrong decision from Valverde at all.

MTL_Barca

Neither Puig nor Alena are good enough to make a difference, Rakitic is, and thats Why he gets playing time. As simple as that. And it's not a wrong decision from Valverde at all.

No he's not anymore. If he was good enough to make a difference he would be competing for a starting spot right now but it looks like there is no chance of that happening.

It's understandable he plays instead of like Puig but he really should leave asap, especially since it seems like he can't deal with his situation here after being an untouchable starter for far too long. These 10 minutes here and there won't satisfy him but realistically thats all he will get asides from rotation but even there he has to share with Vidal and Roberto because there are too many midfielders.

Sorin

He was even bad in those 10 minutes. He messed up 3 simple touches and lost the ball twice if I'm not mistaken.

He is clearly depressed about his minutes being reduced this much, which is partly his fault for not seeing the writing on the wall in the summer and the board for asking a fortune for someone who wasn't in the plans. The shitty squad planning from the summer hasn't benefited anyone. Rakitic could really make an impact at a smaller team, club could've asked for more than what they will get in the winter, plus getting the wages off the books for half a year at least and Alena/Puig would get these minutes or more since they at least have a chance of being in our future squad unlike Rakitic.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

He was even bad in those 10 minutes. He messed up 3 simple touches and lost the ball twice if I'm not mistaken.

He is clearly depressed about his minutes being reduced this much, which is partly his fault for not seeing the writing on the wall in the summer and the board for asking a fortune for someone who wasn't in the plans. The shitty squad planning from the summer hasn't benefited anyone. Rakitic could really make an impact at a smaller team, club could've asked for more than what they will get in the winter, plus getting the wages off the books for half a year at least and Alena/Puig would get these minutes or more since they at least have a chance of being in our future squad unlike Rakitic.

I’ve been one of Rakitic’s biggest critics over the last 2 years but actually felt bad for him a bit yesterday he was clearly feeling down and it showed in his play.

Partly the club and Valverdes vault for not replacing him sooner, but the fact Rakitic thought his spot in the team was occupied is part of his downfall. Terrible performances with no repercussions and when asked about De Jong he should have said its good to have players competing for places etc but instead came across arrogant.

If United and PSG rumours were/are true if I was him I’d take the offer and run.

serghei

I don't think Rakitic will end up leaving before summer and Valverde wants his best players to stay active for the later part of the season. Neither Puig nor Alena are good enough to make a difference, Rakitic is, and thats Why he gets playing time. As simple as that. And it's not a wrong decision from Valverde at all.

If Rakitic is showing passion and ambition, instead of sulking up and looking lost, you're right, it is not a bad decision. Rakitic is still a player that scored vs Madrid last year with a chip. So he can contribute as a squad player. But his attitude is not right, and if it doesn't change fast, then he should be cut from the team and sold ASAP. His minutes would then be better used to develop a player.

Right now, there is a world of difference between Vidal coming on, and Rakitic coming on. Vidal changes games, Rakitic looks like he's pissed he didn't started. So it actually depends if Rakitic can get his head out of his ass and realize that he can't start anymore because we have better and younger players in his position. If he can do that, maybe he embraces his new role and is able to contribute from the bench.

Last edited:

Havesaks

No he's not anymore. If he was good enough to make a difference he would be competing for a starting spot right now but it looks like there is no chance of that happening.

It's understandable he plays instead of like Puig but he really should leave asap, especially since it seems like he can't deal with his situation here after being an untouchable starter for far too long. These 10 minutes here and there won't satisfy him but realistically thats all he will get asides from rotation but even there he has to share with Vidal and Roberto because there are too many midfielders.

Rakitic still has the level to be a difference in the later stage of the season. It may be as a impact sub or starting player i important games to cover for our better midfielders. Neither Puig or Alena are close to his level, so I think Valverde does the right choice letting him get the extrs minutes.

Havesaks

If Rakitic is showing passion and ambition, instead of sulking up and looking lost, you're right, it is not a bad decision. Rakitic is still a player that scored vs Madrid last year with a chip. So he can contribute as a squad player. But his attitude is not right, and if it doesn't change fast, then he should be cut from the team and sold ASAP. His minutes would then be better used to develop a player.

Right now, there is a world of difference between Vidal coming on, and Rakitic coming on. Vidal changes games, Rakitic looks like he's pissed he didn't started. So it actually depends if Rakitic can get his head out of his ass and realize that he can't start anymore because we have better and younger players in his position. If he can do that, maybe he embraces his new role and is able to contribute from the bench.

IRakitic did actually look 'eager' last time he was subbed on. He hasn't had the playing time to make a judgement on his 'motivation' yet i think, so unless there is something in training sessisions, he should play and have a fair chance to compete with Vidal, Sergio and Roberto because he certainly has the talent to do so.

Anyway I agree with you that Rakitic hasnt looked that motivated, which is a shame, because he would be a great squad player. But not an extend that he shouldnt play.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Considering the leaks to the media about him not being happy with his situation and he looks like he's sulking on the bench and when he comes on I don't think he has got the message yet that he actually needs to fight for it.

Seems like his head is far up his own ass that he doesn't realize what led to him getting benched and being transfer listed over the summer. He keeps believing his status guarantees him a free starting and a contract extension until the day he decides to quit.

Him sitting here sulking and leaking shit to the media is not going to work. Back during Lucho's final season, he was lucky enough that his competition wasn't good enough so he got his spot back and before then he was also leaking shit to Sport and MD to try and pressure Lucho into giving him a spot.

That shit won't fly anymore, He actually has real competition this time and we are doing fine without him. If he wants to change his situation, either leave or tighten up those laces on his boots and actually work for it and prove people he may have something to offer still and instead of just sulking and leaking crap to the media.

snowy

..@snowy .. he is not in tribes..
:

sup B-Wag :wave: obrigado for the howla but don't u remember I've been named Honorary Member Magney cum Laude by the

:neymar: Boy 4 Life Malibu Club yo!

it's too soon to trade the B92F for the gold watch. LAPD still needs U at its

Bad Boy Z 3ble Precinct ;)

man posting from my iPad here ... missing my laptop!

mc_lovin

He was fully rested and still looked like a liability. That pass to a Slavia player in front of our box was shocking. But to be fair noone looked good.

EdmondDantes

He was fully rested and still looked like a liability. That pass to a Slavia player in front of our box was shocking. But to be fair noone looked good.

It's a mental thing at this point.

Our midfield looked worse when the fresher legs stepped on the field, which generally doesn't happen. I felt for Frenkie during those last 10 min.

malvolio

He and Modric went downhill after that 2018 WC. From sure starters for Barça and Madrid to being made to look like clowns by Frenkie De Jong.
Frenkie killed Croatia's midfield :lol:

Home of Barca Fans