Ivan Rakitić

Andresito

Staff member
I'll add one more stat, key passes per match, all 4 guys are more or less the same, even though Rakitic is often proclaimed as the worst in that creative/assisting area:
Key passes per match, La Liga:
Vidal 0,6
Busi 0,5
Rakitic 0,5
Arthur 0,5

Key pass =/= creativity.
Rakitic plays as a RCM, close to Messi. Whenever Rakitic gives the ball to Messi's feet and Messi shoots, that's given as a key pass.
Same for Busquets who is the Messi horniest player we have, often seeking Messi who then creates a chance => Busquets key pass.

Can't use key pass to measure creativity at Barca, not with Messi on the pitch.
Arthur is also slighted for not hitting the dangerous passes. And Rakitic is statistically on par with him, so I'd say all of our midfielders are shit in this area.

Arizona Scott

Busi, Rakitic and Arthur are all slow .. as is Vidal although his determination helps .. we have one of the slowest midfields around.

Can’t wait for FDJ to join us ..

I agree with this.

Of course Henderson, Gini, Milner and Fabinho are not pace merchants either. Kieta is fast but knocked off the ball easy and not quick in decision making thus usually doesn't start their most important matches when their squad is match fit. 2/3 in Real's midfield are not fast either. Tottenham's either--if we end up playing them. I suppose of the teams left in the CL Ajax has the paceist midfield, but they have to get by Spurs (and then we get their best one next year--if we lose to them in the CL final because of midfield pace this year so be it, nothing we can do about it now and starting/not starting Rakitic vs alternative like Bob or Vidal does not change this calculation).

I also agree it will be good to add midfield pace. I wanted Kante midway through Leicester's title season, though he would be a great compliment to our other midfielders with his pace and work rate. That ship sailed a while ago though (would not be worth getting him now). Hopeful on De Jong brings.

Arizona Scott

Obsessed with shitting on Rakitic and Valverde, weird obsession on having Zidane as our manager, obsessed with Liverpool players, why even bother to argue with that poster?

It is cool to have one of the best former players ever and current manager of our fiercest rival on our discussion board, makes for exchanges.

xXKonan

Looked a bit sluggish around 70 mins or so.

At least he's getting more rest as he's suspended vs Celta and the league is done.

Zidane82

[MENTION=23089]Arizona Scott[/MENTION]

It`s nice of you to try, but it`s pointless to have a discussion with this guy. He is obsessed with shitting on Rakitic and is one of the most irritating members of this forum.
Guessing youre gonna tell me Raki was MoM today ;)

SeloBarca

Looked tired from minute 1.
Got dispossesed ALOT.
Hard to say much more since we only had Alba Messi and Suarez in attack.

Home of Barca Fans