Ivan Rakitić

Barcilliant

If we had few other players that cover space he covers then entire team plus Rakitic would look better.

Football is a team sport and we just got a bit too soft and slow over last few years.

😂 Every Croatian player tracks back and covers alot of space. Even Mandzukic whom Barca fans label a donkey puts a full shift in.

At Barca Messi, Suarez and even Dembele are pretty lethargic. Iniesta was old, Busquets is way too slow which leaves Rakitic with a shit ton of work to do. This is why he performs better in a 442. Off the bench, Denis and Gomes provide nothing. At least Paulinho brings something.

MTL_Barca

Well compared to world class technical players Mandzukic is a donkey but i don't think anybody would ever say he doesn't work. He is kinda limited in what he can do especially if played on the wing but he always fights and is extremely annoying for defenders to face. Would love a player like him at Barca instead of someone like Paco who looks like a little kid compared to Mandzukic.

Neeraj

Seriously, it's a huge problem. I don't know any team in world football that is as lazy as us. I think the days of being superior by sheer skill are over. We don't have the quality of Xaviesta anymore, that we can afford to play the way that we do. Every team is finding out that running, stamina, pace, aggression, these are all just as important and supplement good technical players (I know I sound like BBZ right now, but :lol).

Look at Madrid, it's crazy that their best technical player (and best player overall) puts in an immense defensive/offensive shift; something we would never see at Barca. We need an overhaul with players with the ability/willingness to run their ass off, just like any other team and stop being so entitled.

The problem I see is, with La Masia, the focus is so much on short passes, playing out, etc. - I have my doubts on how much stamina, work rate, etc. are really drilled into the kids. By the nature of the football we teach, maybe our players just don't learn to strengthen those aspects of their physical conditioning as much. By no means am I suggesting we become a kick the ball and run sort of academy, but I think this is one side of the game that needs more focus, starting from our academies.

El Flaco

Scored a game winning penalty against Denmark and Croatia qualifies to QF.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/ex07n/qcvxkn" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Donatello

Modric was nervous af and his penalty nearly got saved.

But Rakitic, even before he took penalty, he looked confident af, like he knew he will score.

Messi should ask for some tips from him.

Home of Barca Fans