Ivan Rakitić

RMU ReBorn

Actualy i m just expressing my opinion on people who bash Rakitic over and over again with the "back passes" argument.
Last season he had more forward passes,chances created , key passes than Busi . But you know this agenda will go on till we wreck with 3 'cute' midfielders . He doesn't give those cute passes , he don't have those flashy turns to give orgasm to purists . So this will go on . Endure it .

RMU ReBorn

Roberto and Vidal can cover and defend just as much if not more than Rakitic. They're more dynamic and hardworking without the ball, and way way more useful with the ball. So what do we need Rakitic for ?

Btw Rakitic has never been a world class player at Barca after 2014-2015 season. ;)

Roberto can't and hasn't . Vidal hasn't even kicked a ball for Barca in official matches . Rakitic has been as good as his fellow players in all his seasons in Barca , in his given role . Last season he was Barca's best midfielder and our third best player behind Messi and Mats . He ran his soaks off and had an amazing season in a position which he hasn't played before . He adapted to that and did an excellent job .

Arizona Scott

Roberto can't and hasn't . Vidal hasn't even kicked a ball for Barca in official matches . Rakitic has been as good as his fellow players in all his seasons in Barca , in his given role . Last season he was Barca's best midfielder and our third best player behind Messi and Mats . He ran his soaks off and had an amazing season in a position which he hasn't played before . He adapted to that and did an excellent job .

Well stated. Although I hope (and think) Vidal will allow him to rest without the kind of dropoff that would occur prior (trying Roberto or Paulinho in his place). This would be good for Rakitic and the team.

RMU ReBorn

Well stated. Although I hope (and think) Vidal will allow him to rest without the kind of dropoff that would occur prior (trying Roberto or Paulinho in his place). This would be good for Rakitic and the team.

Definitely he should rest more . Not a spring chicken anymore and we should start phasing him out by next season . I don't think he will offer much at 31 given his style of play .We need a upgrade for Raki . Preferably Pogba or Kante . Signing Kante will be a dream and would extend Busi's career . Right now Rakitic is irreplaceable and people bashing him by comparing him with Paulinho and all is outright ignorance .

Zidane82

Such a lie

39162702_2022194651145534_6366876991517360128_o.jpg

Well that's a joke .... going off the 'total' scores they have Rakitic as twice as good as Kante :)

The only thing he has over Kante is HEIGHT !!

Zidane82

Definitely he should rest more . Not a spring chicken anymore and we should start phasing him out by next season . I don't think he will offer much at 31 given his style of play .We need a upgrade for Raki . Preferably Pogba or Kante . Signing Kante will be a dream and would extend Busi's career . Right now Rakitic is irreplaceable and people bashing him by comparing him with Paulinho and all is outright ignorance .

I wasn't comparing him to anyone specifically if you read what I actually said...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
At this rate I would have him play CDM over Busquets. Just moves the ball faster than him, defends as well and plays more incisive passes than before. Perhaps Modric taught him something this off-season :thinking:

SeloBarca

Bad game. Did almost nothing.
To much walking and missplaced passes.
Should be phased out sooner or later

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans