Ivan Rakitić

Zincubus

Banned
So who do you sign as his replacement? This board tried and came up with Gomes.
I'd wait and see if the new coach can light some fire under him instead trusting Robert to deliver the goods.
I'd certainly prefer to see Sergi Roberto in place of Rakitic who I hold responsible for the last three goals .

Then let Roberto and Gomes fight it out next season although Iniesta is on the wane so they could both play I guess .

Zincubus

Banned
Well he was great vs. PSG or in most Clasicos and many other biggest of matches so I disagree.

Rakitic was solely responsible for their goal which could have scuppered us completely ...

He lost the ball on the hallway line and rather than chase and tackle back he took the easy option and pulled the guy back , took a needless yellow and switched off as they passed the ball over his head in the area he was supposed to be covering - they scored .

He was then responsible for two of the goals the other night , again switching off and letting balls go behind him but to make matters worse , if that's possible , he doesn't even out the effort in to get back .

He's got a few qualities but I jaut don't think he's anywhere near being good enough for Barca .

Sorry

vlad

watching croatia : ukraine match at the moment, still cant understand how he got new contract, he is not barca material

serghei

yeah, probably, its shit for barca in a long term

He is not creative enough, nor a good enough passer. He basically worked as long as we had Alvessi because he had a more defensive role, while the creativity on the right was provided by Messi and Alves who got along amazingly well since like the first season they were paired on that side (2008-09). As soon as that changed, he showed he is just a limited player in terms of creativity, technique, vision and passing. Not the end of the world though. I imagine he is not on high wages, and he is a good player to have in your squad.

Home of Barca Fans