Ivan Rakitić

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Lel I even believed this guy's horseshit about Rakitic being "incredibly far ahead" of Busquets offensively with key passes/assists. They both averaged the same key passes in La Liga 17/18 with 0.8 and Rakitic had only 1 more assist (5 vs 4) than Busi despite all the FK's he takes and that he is without a doubt the more advanced player up the pitch. Also only .1 more dribbles per game than Busquets.

So the guy harping on about how vastly statistically superior Rakitic is to Busquets both offensively and defensively ended up having me prove that Busquets is superior in every single way or at worst equal to Rakitic in a few ways :lol:

And then from there go see the Busi thread about how for the past 6 or 7 months people have been spewing on about how supposedly garbage he is while Rakitic gets praise like "amazing" and "incredible" for doing less, but spraying long balls from side to side all the time. Glorious.

Vilarrubi

Difference between Busi and Rakitic is Busi has been the best CDM in the world for most of his career.. his form has dropped and last couple of seasons not his best.

Rakitic didn’t play a huge role in the Treble season.. we had MSN.. and that right side with Messi/Alves was sorted with creativity/passing between those two. He’s then had two sub-par seasons at CM.. he hasn’t shown enough in that position at all for us, a Barca starting CM should be better. And last season he was pretty good in his role as CDM... but our midfield still wasn’t functioning anywhere near what it should be.. it was set up well for La Liga with 4 in midfield but other than that it lacked creativity and control in some games. (Iniesta/Paulinho/Busi fault too.) Rakitic was better at Sevilla for me and with Croatia. Much more open game where his skills are more suited.

BusiTheKing

Busquets importance is still undoubtable in our team and it's obvious how disoriented we get when he's on there anchoring everything. That we have grown dependant on his qualities isn't the same to say that we can't become a better team overall without him.

Him and Rakitic at the same time against an quality attacking side is suicide and I have no doubt that we get to see it in full blown action at least 4-5 times before Valverde realizes that the world doesn't revolve around us and our cute little passes.

xXKonan

DlFAAYcXgAAWlyp.jpg

Sport claims PSG are willing to offer 100 Million for him.

jairzinho

100m for a 30 yr old who turns 31 in March. Sounds too good to be true. If it is, then we should take the money and run.

Barcilliant

100 million? Surely they could get Modric with that dough.

I'd still sell Busquets over Rakitic. Nowadays Busquets is struggling against lesser teams too.

RMU ReBorn

Busquets importance is still undoubtable in our team and it's obvious how disoriented we get when he's on there anchoring everything. That we have grown dependant on his qualities isn't the same to say that we can't become a better team overall without him.

Him and Rakitic at the same time against an quality attacking side is suicide and I have no doubt that we get to see it in full blown action at least 4-5 times before Valverde realizes that the world doesn't revolve around us and our cute little passes.
He already realized that . Rakitic alone gave 21 long balls against Alaves . It's simple bench Busquets for a match or two and try out Arthur , Rakitic and Vidal midfield . Our team will play much faster then .

Ustari

Mou, res!
100 million? Surely they could get Modric with that dough.

I'd still sell Busquets over Rakitic. Nowadays Busquets is struggling against lesser teams too.

What Busquets has to do in order to change your mind? Become a speedster like freaking Usain Bolt? Score a bicycle kick? Your every damn posts are always negative towards Busquets and Valverde.This poster is a grade A pessimist. Fucking annoying

bismp

I’m not the biggest Rakitic fan and the 100M price tag is undoubtedly as good as it can ever get.However,this team should have the “win now” mindset,instead of getting money,to buy youngsters for the future.

Even if we sell Raki for this extraordinary price,i really doubt that we are going to replace him adequately.Whether we like it or not,he is an important piece of our team and there aren’t many good alternatives on the market,so i’d rather keep him than start the promising but unproven Arthur,the old and injured Vidal or the mediocre Roberto.

Saladin

No way Reaal is selling Modric and Ronaldo. They can get money for Modric even next year.

Good point on Modric.

We are gunning for the Champions League and Rakitic has experience, he played a big role in Croatia's run to the WC final in Russia and he has always been loyal, professional and produced in big games (Clasicós, scored in our latest CL final tie against Juventus and so on)

If PSG rate him at 100 mil euros this summer, I'd rather we focus on the sporting perspective for once - we are in no need for a money injection with our excellent window that has allowed us to brake even so far.

He is a proven midfielder, irreplaceable? No, of course not. Only irreplaceable players in our roster is Messi and perhaps Phil.

But having him in our team (PSG is a competitor in CL) rather than selling him to PSG would give us a better chance at winning both La Liga and CL. If we manage to bring home the trophy with the Giant Ears, we can consider selling him next year for half the price and still be on a financially sound and profitable foundation.

For the future, selling an almost 31 y/o Rakitic for a young hot prospect (read, NOT Rabiot but rather De Jong) would be logical, so I would not be devastated if he where to go, if and only IF it entails securing FDJ this summer; but frankly (no pun intended) I see us with a better chance with Ivan in our roster.

Edit: To entertain the thought of Busquets being inferior to Rakitic in any capacity is ludicrous.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans