Tata and Simeone happy to share points

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Atletico and Barca shared points in a goalless draw at Vincente Calderon and both Argentinian coaches were pleased to stay joint leaders of La Liga.

1163387-18981467-640-360.jpg

Tata Martino:

“It’s a good point if we keep in mind that we played away to a team that have not conceded any points at home up until today.”

“We wanted to win the match but we can’t be reproached for getting this result. It’s not a bad thing to close out the first half of the season with 50 points.” He added: “I have the feeling that tonight’s match will make us stronger.”

“We didn’t concede any counterattacks and our predisposition to recover possession and pressure their key players requires absolute concentration.”

“We weren’t as quick with our ball circulation and we weren’t as dynamic. However, in these types of matches you can’t take anything away from your opponent.”

"Other day, Messi, played 30 minutes and this Saturday, 45. We wanted him to play less but Iniesta’s injury changed our plans. Atlético Madrid’s defensive set-up is hard to break, even for him.”

"In footballing terms we improved over time. In terms of points, I want to be champions in the summer, not in the winter, but reaching this point in the season with 50 points is good.”

Diego Simeone:

"We have a great amount of respect for Barcelona but there is a small difference of some €400million between us."

"We fought – with the weapons we have at our disposal, and that's a good thing."

"With this group of players, who give their lives in every match, we are still able to keep dreaming – taking it game by game."

"They struggle against us, just as we do against them."

"The secret is down to the hard work our forwards do – without their efforts, it's impossible to function as a team in these sorts of situations."

"Today, we played with a 4-4-2 formation with (David) Villa and Costa working flat out, that shows how committed the team is."

impeh

Hi, its me..
three draws against us in a row, two wins against Real.. theyre a proper good side.

hope they can keep their players in the summer, its nice having three teams fighting for the top.

Dida

Atletico Madrid in my opinion started out great, they made us struggle the first 15minutes. However, then they starting "parking the bus" and that's how they stayed basically the rest of the match.

Cule4life

The Culest
Why everytime the opponent doesn't leave actress of space and doesn't let us play freely always parks the bus.

Adrian

And with Atletico's midfield and defence working their butts off to keep us out, it made beating the bus even harder.

Anyway, I'll be nervous if Atletico and Barca are still neck and neck by the end of the season because that means it will come down to the last game :messi:

DinhoR10

And with Atletico's midfield and defence working their butts off to keep us out, it made beating the bus even harder.

Anyway, I'll be nervous if Atletico and Barca are still neck and neck by the end of the season because that means it will come down to the last game :messi:

By then hopefully messi will be back to 100% I saw glimpses of hope at the end of the match against atletico.

Adrian

By then hopefully messi will be back to 100% I saw glimpses of hope at the end of the match against atletico.

And we will be playing at home.

It doesn't look like anyone will sign Diego Costa until the summer transfer window. I was hoping someone would sign him up, that would make our chances of winning the league better.

big_man

And we will be playing at home.

It doesn't look like anyone will sign Diego Costa until the summer transfer window. I was hoping someone would sign him up, that would make our chances of winning the league better.

The league needs competition. It's healthy for the us if anything, We need stern tests in the league to keep us sharp for the CL. We've got 4 of those games already halfway into the season. In recent seasons we had nothing close to that. I'd rather Costa not go anywhere, heck, I'd rather they (A.Madrid) stay the way they are and add more quality like Mata. The title race this season has been the best since God knows when.

Adrian

The league needs competition. It's healthy for the us if anything, We need stern tests in the league to keep us sharp for the CL. We've got 4 of those games already halfway into the season. In recent seasons we had nothing close to that. I'd rather Costa not go anywhere, heck, I'd rather they (A.Madrid) stay the way they are and add more quality like Mata. The title race this season has been the best since God knows when.

Fair enough, but everyone said Atletico would get smashed when they let go of Torres. Then they let go of Aguero. Then they let go of Falcao. Now they have Diego Costa.

They'll probably just produce another prolific striker xD

Home of Barca Fans