Serge Gnabry

• Thread starter Haruko The Goon
  • Start date

Newcomer

Regarding this "flavor of the month", Gnabry has been excellent for the past 18 months but I guess some people just don't watch that much football and only hear about hyped players.

Bayern has done an EXCELLENT job in changing their old generation for cheap, even really, really cheap. Just need Sane now. While we spend the whole 2019 chasing overhyped De Ligt for 85m, Bayern just snapped L.Hernandez who is better for 80m. L.Hernandez and Militao was two great great CB's who could help us a lot but we didn't even look their way. Now we are in dire need of two and none as good as them out there. We are probably gonna pay 70-90m for somebody young who is nowhere as good as them.

Bayern are together with City my favourites for this CL, Bayern in particular look very balanced with their 4231, so much quality all around, only Messi and Frenkie gets into that team.

We could learn so much from them. They were unlucky they didn't get Hudson Odoi who is an elite talent. His contract was running out and we were never in for him, despite needing a LW and he is the best LW talent out there. Bayern always target the right players.

You are a bit overdramatic.

Lucas Hernandez is a fucking great player with great heart and attitude on the pitch. And Coman plus Gnabry are maturing well and will hopefully bloom amazingly.

However, Bayern doesn't always buy the right targets and Bayern has not been less disappointing than Barça in recent years.
You have bought two young and amazing midfielders like Arthur and de Jong, you have the future goalkeeper of Germany, you have bought a top international player like Griezmann, Coutinho who is being good at Bayern is actually your player. Goes to show that it is not as simple as you make it seem.

Newcomer

Lot of injuries and he wanted to change scenery.

He has decided to become vegan and thinks it has helped him.

Acnologia

The guy is only 24 years old and yet he have 27 goal contributions in all competition. I would say right now he is a top 5 winger

Andresito

Staff member
How the hell did Arsenal miss out on him. His career has quickly risen to the highest level.

Riordon

I have been following Bayern a lot this season and I would say that he is up there with Mane as the best wingers. We need players like that upfront, those are guys you pay 100m+ for.

Respect to Bayern’s scouting network

Porque

Gnabry is following the Salah model. Failing at his first big club, moving to tier II/III team to reboot then maturing and exploding back at tier I.

Really incredible that this is the same guy from Arsenal.

Shame we can never search for signings in this bracket to bolster the squad. The last time we looked at a guy like this it was literally Diego Forlan which we never pulled the trigger on. And look how many years ago that was.

xavisionary

He's mastered the art of 'whacking' the ball hard and low into the corner while running in from the left channel. His first goal against Spurs is a good example, made a difficult finish look easy.

Havesaks

A lot of Arsenal fans felt regret losing him to Bayern, he was for a long time valued as a great talent so was KdB, Salah, Lukaku and all failed at their first big club. The talent has been there all along.

Home of Barca Fans