Serge Gnabry

• Thread starter Haruko The Goon
  • Start date

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
To be fair which club doesnt. I still remember La Tellec VS Ronaldo debates with scouse friends :beer2:

Le Tallec would have been an awesome No.10 under the proper tutelage. He should have gone to Arsenal really as he had the talent.

EdmondDantes

I'd watched Gnabry plenty of times in the past and he never really 'wowed' me, until tonight. Looks like he's doing an 'Odegaard' as well.

Jenks

It's been an amazing transformation since he went back to Germany. Before that he couldn't get a game for West Brom. The Premier League just isn't a great environment for developing players.

Newcomer

I think if the best club in Germany signs you and plays you every week, you're hardly 'flavour of the week.'

Ofc he is a quality player. What he means by "flavor of the week" is that Gnabry rarely puts in such performances. He does not score more than 10 goals in Bundesliga usually.

The 2 - 7 result is really impressive. Scoring 4 goals and such beautiful goals as well is not common at all. However, we have to admit Bayern and Gnabry were unusually clinical yesterday. It happens but if it was an usual feat (or if he keeps doing it), Bayern would win everything and Gnabry would be the best player in the world. Truth is he isn't even (close to be) the best player of Bayern.

xavisionary

Scoring four goals is always going to make people sit up and notice. But to provide some context, I have a friend who was at Bayern Liverpool last season and he said the player he most feared and most impressed him was Gnabry. He's just turned 24 and is playing really well - don't understand the condescending 'flavour of the week' comment. Show respect.

Riordon

Regarding this "flavor of the month", Gnabry has been excellent for the past 18 months but I guess some people just don't watch that much football and only hear about hyped players.

Bayern has done an EXCELLENT job in changing their old generation for cheap, even really, really cheap. Just need Sane now. While we spend the whole 2019 chasing overhyped De Ligt for 85m, Bayern just snapped L.Hernandez who is better for 80m. L.Hernandez and Militao was two great great CB's who could help us a lot but we didn't even look their way. Now we are in dire need of two and none as good as them out there. We are probably gonna pay 70-90m for somebody young who is nowhere as good as them.

Bayern are together with City my favourites for this CL, Bayern in particular look very balanced with their 4231, so much quality all around, only Messi and Frenkie gets into that team.

We could learn so much from them. They were unlucky they didn't get Hudson Odoi who is an elite talent. His contract was running out and we were never in for him, despite needing a LW and he is the best LW talent out there. Bayern always target the right players.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans