Julian Draxler

Die Bayern

Close to joining Arsenal according to Bild

A nice signing. Not one we're desperate for though. Costa before Draxler every day of the week.

He is currently still out injured. Schalke's board also said that they haven't received any offers for him yet.

Rumours seem to be picking up pace, however I don't think he will leave before the summer. He is a great talent and will do well under Wenger, though I don't think if he will spend so much money on a youngster.

H

Haruko The Goon

I agree. £34m is too much.
He hasn't done enough to justify that sort of price tag.

I know we need to sometimes act quickly, otherwise the clubs around us will improve, and leave us for dead. But he needs to do more than a few fancy goals, and 1 or 2 nice dribbles for Wenger to part with 34 fucking million lol

We could easily put that sort of money towards Diego Costa (If he has a release clause)

Der Kaiser

I doubt he'll leave this window but he's surely off in the summer. Schalke signed a very good winger in Sydney Sam already, which means they could cope with him leaving.
As for the price, he's easily worth 30m+. He's only 20 years but has been crucial for a CL club for years. He'll be world class in 3-5 years, no doubt, and be's already a beast.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I think Wenger will buy him next window. Bayern could try to hijack but he would cost more than Martinez, would they pay that for a player who's not going to be a starter in the next 1-2 seasons? I doubt it. January move seems unlikely with Sam only arriving in summer, him being injured and Holtby potentially not returning.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Yeah, bs. Things seem to be changing at Schalke though. Tönnies, a board member, made a public statement yesterday in which he "advised" Draxler to "stay at Schalke" because he would be under too much pressure if he left now. He admitted that some big clubs were interested though. Sounded as if Draxler wanted to leave.

H

Haruko The Goon

Wengers said that he wishes he could speak to you (interviewers) with good news, but there is none whatsoever and Arsenal are not close to signing anybody.

He even said he doesn't think they'll sign anyone in January.

LOL Fuck Wenger

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Wengers said that he wishes he could speak to you (interviewers) with good news, but there is none whatsoever and Arsenal are not close to signing anybody.

He even said he doesn't think they'll sign anyone in January.

LOL Fuck Wenger

"Who is Santi Cazorla? I don't know him"
"No, there isn't any truth to the Arteta links"
"Arshavin? You shouldn't believe everything that is being written"

Home of Barca Fans