Julian Draxler

AfricanBavarian

I'm not an Arsenal fan.

Oh my b your posts seem to be pro Arsenal most of the time so i was confused but I don't know where you got where he said he doesnt want to join Bayern or Arsenal was his first choice cause he clearer said "top clubs" and named numerous ones he would join not just Arsenal

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Oh my b your posts seem to be pro Arsenal most of the time so i was confused but I don't know where you got where he said he doesnt want to join Bayern or Arsenal was his first choice cause he clearer said "top clubs" and named numerous ones he would join not just Arsenal

Yeah, Arsenal are a good team and I like them, so my posts on them aren't negative. I'm a Barcelona fan though. On Draxler, he said he wouldn't join Bayern in an interview with Sportbild in 2011, when talking about Neuer. He was more neutral and more Bayern-friendly after that, so not sure how much that means, but that's what he said.

About joining Arsenal, read my first post, I never said he expressed he wants to join Arsenal. I said he said he wanted to play for a pl team (Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal), Barca or Real. But judging from the way he recently and repeatedly talked about Arsenal, Wenger and Ozil and from the fact that he's apparently in contact with Wenger, I think Arsenal might be leading the race.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
As of this moment...........Overrated.

But definite world class potential. But as of this moment - hugely overrated.

I think he's a good player and has the potential to be among the top level of footballers, but he does seem to be overrated by some. I just can't think of any part of his game in which he shows something "special" enough to be a phenom. He's mainly based on pace and power which he uses well, yet he's not a very instinctive goalscorer which one would expect with those qualities, he plays in a more tame manner like a midfielder. Yet as an attacking midfielder, he needs to learn to be a bit more skillful and agile. No doubt he can develop and become great, but there are some players who already have that edge like Gotze, Neymar, etc. and naturally own their positions and styles.

Bayern? Based on his recent comments I'd say he's Arsenal-bound.

I'm really expecting that he'd move to Arsenal, it's a great choice as long as he's willing to play on the left side and be a dynamic goalscorer rather than a #10 which they already have.

Gilberto

Assuming Arsenal are interested in Draxler, where are they going to play him? Even with a rotation system it is impossible to play all those great midfielders as often as they deserve to... I don't think he suits a winger role, because he doesn't have raw speed (although speed isn't a necessity, it still is a(n) useful/important asset).

I think he should stay at Schalke for another year to develop even further and to learn how to carry a team. Furthermore, he hasn't been great recently and before he moves, he first has to find his form again.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Chelsea wanted him last transfer window didn't they? If Mata leaves at season's end I could see Mourinho going for him tbh.

AfricanBavarian

I think he's a good player and has the potential to be among the top level of footballers, but he does seem to be overrated by some. I just can't think of any part of his game in which he shows something "special" enough to be a phenom. He's mainly based on pace and power which he uses well, yet he's not a very instinctive goalscorer which one would expect with those qualities, he plays in a more tame manner like a midfielder. Yet as an attacking midfielder, he needs to learn to be a bit more skillful and agile. No doubt he can develop and become great, but there are some players who already have that edge like Gotze, Neymar, etc. and naturally own their positions and styles.

Que? :p
iNaIcOyiDySBW.gif

I get what you mean, i always thought he was missing that lass sprinkle in his game to be world class.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
:p Don't get me wrong, he's a great prospect. I just don't really see what people mean when they say stuff like he'll be a Ballon D'or winner or Draxler>Gotze. He can prove me wrong but until then I can't say I'm convinced he's 'that' good.

Meitux

I can't think of Bayern getting him, they are filled in anyway you see it especially of attacking midfielders.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Don't get me wrong I'd love to sign him and he'd be a big upgrade for about 90% of clubs in the world. just that I believe he is having unwarranted hype at this time to justify him being called world class right now. No doubts he will be world class but it will take time.

Co0ter

Seems like a good buy for Man United, then again they don't seem to want to buy any decent talent lately. Still playing with the same mediocre players that had a fantastic coach make them look better than what they were :)

Superfly

Banned
Assuming Arsenal are interested in Draxler, where are they going to play him? Even with a rotation system it is impossible to play all those great midfielders as often as they deserve to... I don't think he suits a winger role, because he doesn't have raw speed (although speed isn't a necessity, it still is a(n) useful/important asset).

Easy, he'd play on the left in the Pires role, cutting in and playing the pass/taking the shot.

Yeah, Arsenal are a good team and I like them, so my posts on them aren't negative. I'm a Barcelona fan though. On Draxler, he said he wouldn't join Bayern in an interview with Sportbild in 2011, when talking about Neuer. He was more neutral and more Bayern-friendly after that, so not sure how much that means, but that's what he said.

About joining Arsenal, read my first post, I never said he expressed he wants to join Arsenal. I said he said he wanted to play for a pl team (Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal), Barca or Real. But judging from the way he recently and repeatedly talked about Arsenal, Wenger and Ozil and from the fact that he's apparently in contact with Wenger, I think Arsenal might be leading the race.
Draxler has never said that he wouldnt go to Bayern..he was quoted wrong on purpose during that interview u mentioning and he clearified it afterwards. He has always said, contrary to Neuer, that he very good CAN imagine to play for them and he wouldnt rule it out at all. It is reported, that Draxler having a soft spot for Bayern since his childhood, thus he has always denied such stories, that he would rule out a move to them.

His buyout clause is 45m€ though, so its very likely that Bayern ll pass on this one and focussing on other players for the future like e.g. Werner, as the style of Draxler is not so much suited to possession teams like Bayern, but more to counter attacking teams. The only club Draxler did rule out was Dortmund BTW.

oggydude

Seems like a good buy for Man United, then again they don't seem to want to buy any decent talent lately. Still playing with the same mediocre players that had a fantastic coach make them look better than what they were :)

If Man Utd show interest then he will be joining City unless Roman thinks Chelsea do not have enough no10s then he could go Chelsea.

H

Haruko The Goon

Close to joining Arsenal according to Bild

A nice signing. Not one we're desperate for though. Costa before Draxler every day of the week.

Home of Barca Fans