Mateo Musacchio

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Exactly. Look at Alexis for example: short man, killing it at headers. And Busquets at 1,89 can't head the ball if his life depended on it.

Which can be bloody frustrating at times. Actually, it's the most frustrating thing I see when I watch our matches after Iniesta's finishing.

CatalinR10

i was impressed by his quality in the game against us but it's the only game i've watched him play. Song will probably leave and Puyol retire. Masche could be Busi's replacement at dm so a backup cb could do well . Good thing his contract expires so he will be cheap.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
i was impressed by his quality in the game against us but it's the only game i've watched him play. Song will probably leave and Puyol retire. Masche could be Busi's replacement at dm so a backup cb could do well . Good thing his contract expires so he will be cheap.

We were heavily linked to him at the end of the 11-12 season when Villarreal were relegated.

hamidyk

Man City and Chelsea have been told by Villarreal that centre-back Mateo Musacchio will not be allowed to leave the club for less than £45m

WOW!!!!

Sent from my C2005 using Tapatalk

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well, someone has it wrong...Villarreal's President can't claim a contract through 2018 when most sources cite it expiring in June of 2014...And on top of which, 50 million buyout?...Implausible for a player few knew about and was only playing in Segunda only recently

Howes

Seriously what's with his contract? Villarreal presedent says it's till 2018, while is agent claimed it expires in summer 2014. He'd be great on a free transfer, but anything over £15mil, just not worth it

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm just skeptical that a player that was only recently on an expiring contract, just up from Segunda, now suddenly not only has a contract through 2018 but with a massive buyout...Very dubious

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
What I read is the club president says his contract is due on 2014, but he has signed another until 2018 that hasn't been made public yet, with a buyout clause of 50M. Why is it not public if you're talking about it and the contract is agreed and signed?

IMHO that sounds like a load of BS being spun by the club president to kind of deter teams from pursuing Musacchio and maybe hoping you can convince him to resign for real and then sell him for greater profit.

Musacchio'd be a fool to sign a contract again with Villareal now that his name is out there as a quality player. He'd be giving away the power to choose his destination and his terms.

Home of Barca Fans