- Fit Valdes
- Fit Messi
- Fit Alves
- Fit Xavi
- New strong tall defender
- Neymars finishing improve by 90%
- energy to press for two legs .

I agree

1) for sure the hardest possible draw for us.
2) Physically they will dominate us, 3x average weight/height (for sure at least 1 goal from corner)
3) to our dismay Pellegrini is a very very good coach, especially tactically.

Zuess99

Unless Barca doesn't transfer a very good CB which for now seems unlikely, do you think Barta can play better than Puyol ?

Yeah Tata and Zubi need to look for a defender otherwise they will both loose their jobs cause of being incompetent. Puyol is too old and finished , can't rely on him anymore. Need a new defender.

Antimadridista1

I feel that we'll buy a Centre Back in January... Someone like Agger who doesn't play anymore at Liverpool and who knows english clubs and ManCity will be needed.

F

Flavia

This +

I remember Bartra against Bayern a good physical side like City...
those games were not just on Bartra, and he has come a long way since, improved a lot. Puyol, on the other hand, is more of a liability now. He's considering to retire for a reason.
the cb pairing against city will be either pique-masch or pique-bartra, really can't see puyol playing those games.

Ghosting

We could easily be thrashed here, even if Messi is 100% he will be surrounded by Kompany Fernandinho Yaya, he will get no space. So it will be up to Neymar or Alexis to do something. Our midfield will get over run I reckon by the pace and strength of their midfield, and our defence definitely won't be able to cope with their attack. Overall I am not confident :(

BADGERBHOY

The hardest possible draw for us.
Their physicality will pose us a lot of problems.
Still think we'll make it through though but it will be close.

Egert

Estonian Culé
If we can try to come back to Camp Nou with a draw, then it will be a easier beating them at Camp Nou. Their attack is pretty strong and we need to be at out top form in those games. If we can beat City, then we will are able to win this years UCL.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Leo-Messi-Rubbing-Hands-together.gif

Michael

I think we should approach the away leg like Pep used to do. Xavi or Cesc as the most offensive midfielder and Iniesta in attack with Messi and one of Neymar/Alexis/Pedro. Try to control the ball at all times without attacking too much (and leaving space for City). I fear we'll get overrun if we show up with Busi, Xavi and Iniesta in midfield without being able to create much ourselves anyway.

Howes

This is such a bad draw for Barcelona, Man City are such a threat going forward, and the midfield of City will simply overpower Barcelona's. They just put 6 goals past Arsenal (the premier leagues best defence) it's at this point in the season Barca are wishing they had a defender, On the plus side Aguero is out for 6 weeks and City do let goals in,

tello

Yeah Tata and Zubi need to look for a defender otherwise they will both loose their jobs cause of being incompetent. Puyol is too old and finished , can't rely on him anymore. Need a new defender.

Sure but the management said their best transfer will be Puyol :)

I feel that we'll buy a Centre Back in January... Someone like Agger who doesn't play anymore at Liverpool and who knows english clubs and ManCity will be needed.

I think we need two CBs but this is not the only improvement Barca can buy to try to outpass such a strong side like City and I don't think they'll do enough in the winter break because we all know them well by now.

those games were not just on Bartra, and he has come a long way since, improved a lot. Puyol, on the other hand, is more of a liability now. He's considering to retire for a reason.
the cb pairing against city will be either pique-masch or pique-bartra, really can't see puyol playing those games.

Of course Barta was not the only one playing and that he improved quite a lot but that is still not enough IMO against such big strong sides like City. Puyi has more physical power and tons of experience and authority in the squad.

Last edited:

Zebulun

I agree, All we need is a fit messi, valdes and neymar. They have strength and height so not conceding corners will be key. I actually would start sergi roberto for this match, for his workrate and skill in blending in, subbing in xavi.

Home of Barca Fans