Barca draws Man City

ratburger

We need a decent result in the first leg. And City are great at home, so it's gonna be tough.
Against the big teams in the CL, Barca almost always loses the away games. Let's just hope it's a loss by a single goal rather than a three- or four-goal thrashing.

If I was Tata, I'd play a very defensive team away, dropping Sanchez/Pedro and only having Neymar and Messi up front, while playing an extra defensive midfielder, either Masch or Song.

NOTE: Since City finished second in their group, first game will be in Manchester.

Zuess99

How To Beat City 101

- Fit Valdes
- Fit Messi
- Fit Alves
- Fit Xavi
- New strong tall defender
- Neymars finishing improve by 90%
- energy to press for two legs .

*Tata to not be an idiot and try play cesc or song.
A month and a few weeks of preparation should be enough to get all these factors correct. Otherwise city will win.

Antimadridista1

Holy shit ... This is gonna be very interesting to watch. Let's see if our team learnt the lesson of last season.

I'm confident if Messi is fit.

Messi_Goal

If all players are fit I would play

------------Valdes-------------------
--Alves--Puyol--Pique--Alba----------
-----------Busquets-----------------
----Fàbregas------Iniesta------------
------------Messi--------------------
---Sanchez--------Neymar-----------

F

Frejsgodes

Xavi will play. Not Cesc.

tello

How To Beat City 101

- Fit Valdes
- Fit Messi
- Fit Alves
- Fit Xavi
- New strong tall defender
- Neymars finishing improve by 90%
- energy to press for two legs .

*Tata to not be an idiot and try play cesc or song.
A month and a few weeks of preparation should be enough to get all these factors correct. Otherwise city will win.

I agree but that's very very hard to happen... Every single aspect cannot improve just as we wish and exaclty when we need them the most...

F

Flavia

I dont think playing puyol would be a good idea. Xavi also needs to be there.

Against the big teams in the CL, Barca almost always loses the away games. Let's just hope it's a loss by a single goal rather than a three- or four-goal thrashing.

If I was Tata, I'd play a very defensive team away, dropping Sanchez/Pedro and only having Neymar and Messi up front, while playing an extra defensive midfielder, either Masch or Song.

NOTE: Since City finished second in their group, first game will be in Manchester.

I'm fairly confident if it's a tie or a 1 goal loss in which we score.

Also, if we're going to play defensive, I'd play Sanchez because of his defensive workrate. Drop a mid for the double pivot instead. Maybe drop Xavi and use Busquets in a somewhat similar role. The formation's gonna be weird if we drop a forward for a CDM. Still, who knows, maybe something like this can work:

Valdes
Alves-Puyol-Pique-Alba
--------Masch/Busquets-----------
Busquets/Song---------Iniesta/Xavi
-------------Cesc/Iniesta-------------
----------Messi---------Neymar------

Maybe even Sanchez at CAM (again, defensive workrate, and didn't he use to play there for Udinese?). Or Messi CAM and Sanchez up front. Tata's definitely gonna have his hands full. Hope he steps up to the challenge.

Unless Barca doesn't transfer a very good CB which for now seems unlikely, do you think Barta can play better than Puyol ?

Bartra?

Last edited:

Djab

God almighty. It's the hardest possible for us and for Citizens.
Hopefully we will get a good result in England and a good win (by big margin) in Catalunya. Hopefully.:tata1:

Home of Barca Fans