• Pique-Caceres

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Pique-Abidal

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Puyol suspende, Marquez out of for a season.
Whats left? Caceres and Abidal (with Sylvinho on the flank)

kiki#8

Pique-caceres
Except game against atleti in copa del rey, Caceres played all games very well and i think Pep made mistake when he didn't give enought chances to Martin because he'll probably play a game after one month without single minute

maz

I walk the line
Can people who chose abidal explain their reasoning?

I chose marty because i feel he had a typical 'debutant' start to the season, but showed good signs in recent games (although i guess with marty, "recent" isnt the right word). However abidal has never once looked good at CB. He is a great LB because he can track back wingers and get the ball, but when having to hold the defensive line and be part of a defensive partnership he never looked good.

R10(FCB)

Crazy
i think that Abidal is better CB than Caseras...Abidal is stronger than Caseras.... Caseras is good young talent but he dosen't have experience and this is big match with lot of pressure...he played some good games but sometimes he made stupid mistakes...i just don't have faith in him, not yet ... Sylvinho is good in attack and like Beast said Chelsea dont have RW so i think that Silvinho wouldn't have problems in defence.

jairzinho

Can people who chose abidal explain their reasoning?

i chose abidal initially but after thinking about it i'm gonna go with Marty......The thing is...Marty's inexperience could be a crucial factor...He's already not playing regularly in la liga and to put him in a pressure cooker situation like the one awaiting in stamford bridge could be costly...that's why many culés like my self are not feeling good about it.......plus Abidal has played in that position before and while he is not a rafa or carles his strenght and speed will help against Drogba and co...but then again he's not a cb so who the f*** do we go with ? :bangHead::bangHead:

R10(FCB)

Crazy
i chose abidal initially but after thinking about it i'm gonna go with Marty......The thing is...Marty's inexperience could be a crucial factor...He's already not playing regularly in la liga and to put him in a pressure cooker situation like the one awaiting in stamford bridge could be costly...that's why many culés like my self are not feeling good about it.......plus Abidal has played in that position before and while he is not a rafa or carles his strenght and speed will help against Drogba and co...but then again he's not a cb so who the f*** do we go with ? :bangHead::bangHead:

only Pep know that, we 'll see next week :)

p.s. i see 6 vote for Pique - Caseres and only Maz said that he voted for this combination...

Last edited:

M.L. King

The Preacher
I cannot wait to see Caceres. You'll see that he'll do a great job on Drogba. He will shine in his best form. Our Caceres.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
It has to be Abidal in the centre with Caceres on the left. Abidal is the more experienced of the two and favours the central position anyway.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
He favours it but he's awful there!
Oooohhhhh no he isn't. Ooooooohhh yes he is....wait... He's not played there that often and nothing comes to mind about him playing badly in that position. Like I said, he has more experience and he's quick so any mistakes he does make, hopefully he'll make up with it using his pace, although I know Caceres is quick aswell.

Evil

Shabazz
Pique and Abidal for me ... Simply because Cáceres is inexperienced and can´t cope with the pressure, we´ve seen him break under pressure a few times before like the game against A.Madrid in the Cup when he gave the ball away twice infront of goal .. so I can´t imagine how he would play at the semi-final in Stamford Bridge ?!

Plus he hasn't played a match in like ages, so you can't just throw him into a match of such importance and expect him to perform.

beef-supreme

We have a few realistic options in my opinion and i really can't decide:

Most conservative: Abidal - Caceres - Pique - Alves
This one would mean that we virtually only attack from the right, and Abidal helps out, perhaps a lot, with Caceres.

Most attacking: Sylvinho - Abidal - Pique - Alves
Pep will definitely want Abidal to play, so if Sylvinho gets a game it will be Abidal in the middle. This one would give us two attacking wingbacks; whether Abidal and Pique together could handle the pressure though...

Safest? : Caceres - Abidal - Pique - Alves
Most of you don't seem to trust Caceres in a central position. So you can put him out on left where he would be less likely to cause damage and throw things away, especially since Chelsea will probably not be strong attacking from the right. The logic behind this is the same logic as is behind the Puyol - Pique - Marquez back-three-from-the-left, that it's more of damage and risk limitation.

But I can't choose, or at least not until I think about it more.

Guardian

Barcelona paid €16.5 to have Caceres in the team list, so if he can't help the team in such difficult situation, then the board must admit that they made a mistake. Abidal has always been disastrous as a centre back, we saw him with France and they never did well with him there. He's not natural centre back and prone to panic there. On the other hand Caceres lacks of experience in such battles, but now the time has come to prove his worth to the team. So I would go with Alves--Pique--Caceres--Abidal

Home of Barca Fans