Which partnership for 2nd leg?

• Pique-Caceres

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Pique-Abidal

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters

G.J

V.H. 4 life
I dont remember abidal having a stinker as a CB for Barca. In the Euros yes, but when did he ever played horribly there for Barca? Rijkaard never started him there anyways. It was mostly at the end of matches to accomodate a sub or a send off.

beef-supreme

I'm pretty sure there was one match that Abidal started in CB and he played very bad. I remember there was a media build-up, because Abidal kept saying that he really preferred the CB position, and that he wanted to play there. A couple of weeks later Rijkaard put him there, he messed up, and he didn't start there again. I don't remember which match it was though...

Benetton

The Rolling Stone
Dani-Pique-Caceres-Abidal. Plus Toure Defensive Midfield. Toure is stunning everyone in last 10 matches, he is an underrated player.

Rulz

2009 Internet Champion
I would honestly line up like this:

Valdes
Alves-Pique-Caceres-Abidal
Yaya-Sergi.B

beef-supreme

Dani-Pique-Caceres-Abidal. Plus Toure Defensive Midfield. Toure is stunning everyone in last 10 matches, he is an underrated player.

Yaya was the best signing since Ronaldinho in my opinion. Consistently performing at the highest level over 2 years, he's precisely what Barca need for the midfield.

maz

I walk the line
I dont remember abidal having a stinker as a CB for Barca. In the Euros yes, but when did he ever played horribly there for Barca? Rijkaard never started him there anyways. It was mostly at the end of matches to accomodate a sub or a send off.
You're right he didnt start there, but he still played badly when put there for the last 20-30 mins of some games.. Marty has shown more promise at CB than abidal..

Fourteen

Monster Masch

Valdes
Yaya-Sergi.B

I tend to agree, but what does that mean for Iniesta and Henry? I wouldn't have thought it would be wise to sacrifice one for Sergi Busquets to play.

maz

I walk the line

Valdes
Yaya-Sergi.B
Im almost the same except replace sergi with keita (more likely too considering keiteee has made appearance in the last two games).

Rulz

2009 Internet Champion
I tend to agree, but what does that mean for Iniesta and Henry? I wouldn't have thought it would be wise to sacrifice one for Sergi Busquets to play.

Actually I would line up very different up front as well. If Chelsea are going to attack us, even minimally, i would like Messi to be more involved in the middle, instead of on the wing where two players on him will hurt the team and his performance. I would go like this

VALDES
ALVES-PIQUE-CACERES-ABIDAL
YAYA-XAVI
--------l----
--------l----
MESSI
INIESTA-ETOO-HENRY

I know it won't happen, but i would like to see it happen.. the lines mean that Xavi will attack when we have the ball, but drop back as soon as we don't, or as soon as he has played it.

M

messi_10

Abidal and Caceres both can make costly mistakes but Abidal has more experience and Caceres will have huge pressure on him.

Home of Barca Fans