Barcelona sign $25 million Intel sponsorship

Pepe Silvia

I never said anything about not liking pocketing the 25 mill for something people won't even see. I like that. It's just very very strange. Like teaming with Qatar...

coura

Banned
I never said anything about not liking pocketing the 25 mill for something people won't even see. I like that. It's just very very strange. Like teaming with Qatar...

I understand your point. I would have prefered other company. But i dont know if the board could get the 35M per year with Bwin or other. . Maybe they went for the easy petro money.

Alarcón

People still talking smack about sponsorship? In this oil driven football economy it's impossible to stay competitive without sponsors.

Doesn't mean we have to exploit every free inch on our shirt to make more cash. The problem is that some years ago, we were the only big team without a sponsor, due to our history and club philosophy, and now we have even more than clubs like Madrid. Teams have one sponsor on their shirt and that's it, we'll now have 2, plus the one on the back to make the impression that nothing has changed and we still support UNICEF. There's also an aesthetic aspect to this, to be honest, I wouldn't wanna wear a shirt that looks more and more like an ice hockey shirt with hundreds of sponsors.

And no, it's not impossible.

I understand your point. I would have prefered other company. But i dont know if the board could get the 35M per year with Bwin or other. . Maybe they went for the easy petro money.

So Qatar Airways is bad and bwin is good?

JamDav1982

The members voted for a sponsor as they knew how important it is.

The philosophy once was not to have that but things have changed and for the club to move forward they do need that extra income.

It is impossible to compete at the very top without that income and people weighed that up and went with it.

coura

Banned
Doesn't mean we have to exploit every free inch on our shirt to make more cash. The problem is that some years ago, we were the only big team without a sponsor, due to our history and club philosophy, and now we have even more than clubs like Madrid. Teams have one sponsor on their shirt and that's it, we'll now have 2, plus the one on the back to make the impression that nothing has changed and we still support UNICEF. There's also an aesthetic aspect to this, to be honest, I wouldn't wanna wear a shirt that looks more and more like an ice hockey shirt with hundreds of sponsors.

And no, it's not impossible.

So Qatar Airways is bad and bwin is good?

Bwin is better, not good.

Bayern even renamed the stadium so did arsenal. Nothing suprises me. The fans want to win and have good players. And there´s also the stadium.

XaviMessiGirl

So ridiculous how much money has ruined football. Like someone else said, it wasn't that long ago that we had zero sponsors.

Home of Barca Fans