Watford U19's leave pitch due to racism

Jenks

I don't understand why that type of insult is so much worse than calling someone pretty much anything else, one is seen as perfectly fine and "club rivalry" and all that while the other is terrible and disgusting and subject to more negative attention than rioting, which to me is absolutely ridiculous. Sure, there's history attached to it, but that shouldn't be enough to transcend it past, or even near physical violence, in my opinion.

I can't believe this needs to be explained in 2013. The fact that it's insulting or offensive is irrelevant. Racism isn't wrong because it's offensive, a million and one different things are offensive, racism is wrong because you're fundamentally devaluing an entire race of people based on something arbitrary, and helping to perpetuate a lifetime of social injustice against them. The ramifications of acting that way are far wider reaching than a player having his feelings hurt, it's a crime against civilized society.

XaviMessiGirl

I hate physical violence among fans too, you shouldn't have to go to an away game having to hide your colors or else fear for your life. But that's a whole other discussion. As for racism, I find it a whole lot worse than just calling a player "shit" or something, no question.

Home of Barca Fans