Watford U19's leave pitch due to racism

XaviMessiGirl

This. Racism is still very alive in Italy...

Unfortunately true, between the actual racists & people who just think it's acceptable to use racism as banter. And the way the FIGC chooses to deal with it when it happens in Serie A is not going to fix anything at this rate.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
But how is that any different from the crap Barca "fans" were yelling in that one clip someone posted in the Clasico?

Gooch

None of us is perfect - all of us have our own weaknesses and demons. Some shout racist slogans, other insult players' families, even to the extent of mocking serious illnesses, others make clear their wishes that players legs get broken. Which is worse? It's all bad to me - there's no difference - and I say this as a black person.

But I can tell you what disturbs me more. Not what offends me, but what disturbs me, and that's the insults to players and their families. If I were a player, I would much rather monkey chants than some of the other disgusting stuff I've heard from the stands. But that's just me - to each his own. Let's hope that one day fans don't feel the need to hate and insult opposing teams and players.

XaviMessiGirl

I've insulted opposing players/teams, but you'd never catch me saying anything racist, homophobic or the like. There are certain lines that should just never be crossed.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I don't understand why that type of insult is so much worse than calling someone pretty much anything else, one is seen as perfectly fine and "club rivalry" and all that while the other is terrible and disgusting and subject to more negative attention than rioting, which to me is absolutely ridiculous. Sure, there's history attached to it, but that shouldn't be enough to transcend it past, or even near physical violence, in my opinion.

Home of Barca Fans